Happy Easter

Happy Easter

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If you believe that the two guys you saw in that photo are "pagans" because they had an "egg" and if you seriously believe that the events I described in the OP were a "pagan festival" involving the worship of pagan deities "Ashtoreth and Astarte", then that ~ I suppose ~ is your perception of Christianity in Indonesia. So be it. 🙂
Ok i am willing to relinquish the idea that they may be pagans but one cannot escape the fact that Easter in Indonesia as elsewhere contains pagan elements, otherwise, you will need to explain your fellows presence with a huge Easter egg, so large in fact that it took two people to carry it!

F

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Ok i am willing to relinquish the idea that they may be pagans but one cannot escape the fact that Easter in Indonesia as elsewhere contains pagan elements, otherwise, you will need to explain your fellows presence with a huge Easter egg, so large in fact that it took two people to carry it!
I suppose "pagan" eggs were "pagan elements" for "pagans". There is no "pagan element" in Christ being executed and being resurrected [unless you can tell me there is]: it is 100% Christian theology. There is no "pagan element" in Christians here commemorating these pivotal events in the life of the figure they revere. Unless they are using the "eggs" to worship a "pagan" deity in some way, they are not "pagan elements".

F

Moves
20 Apr 14

A question for robbie carrobie about the events commemorated by Christians at Easter: do believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus after his crucifixion?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I suppose "pagan" eggs were "pagan elements" for "pagans". There is no "pagan element" in Christ being executed and being resurrected [unless you can tell me there is]: it is 100% Christian theology. There is no "pagan element" in Christians here commemorating these pivotal events in the life of the figure they revere. Unless they are using the "eggs" to worship a "pagan" deity in some way, they are not "pagan elements".
right sooooo lets get this, two fellows carrying a huge Easter egg through the city on behalf of Christians to petition parliament to stop closing churches and there is not a pagan element in site, thank you for that.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
A question for robbie carrobie about the events commemorated by Christians at Easter: do believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus after his crucifixion?
yes I profess belief in the resurrection of Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, and I already made reference to it in a reply to Suzianne. However, have you read the following in the Holy Bible:

[b]He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath ...[text shortened]... Easter bunny, eggs, or pagan worship for the gates of hell will not prevail against His church.
How can you have made reference to the link in your post to Suzianne when I posted it after that. Anyway nevermind.

Let me be clear; I eat hot crossed buns, Easter eggs and enjoy Christmas but never for religious reasons because everything related to those festivals originates in paganism. I think you are too fascinated by religious artefacts and icons like the shroud, Easter eggs etc for your own good.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
You state that the Last Trumpet Ministries are pretty reliable. Let me show you why you can't rely on everything they say. They say the following:

[b]Some have wondered why the word "Easter" is in the the King James Bible.

It is because Acts, chapter 12, tells us that it was the evil King Herod, who was planning to celebrate Easter, and not the Chri ...[text shortened]... g a Christian pleased the Jews and was saving Peter to be killed after the Passover, not Easter.
I'm not clear what you are saying here at all. Are you saying that the Jews worshiped Ishtar and ate Easter eggs and this has been miss communicated through translation.

I take no resourse as 100% reliable, but Last trumpet ministries have a robust reputation for calling out the organised corporate church for error an heresy.

You can believe what you choose to believe of course.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

Thank you divesjeester you are the only christian so far who can bring themselves to admit it!
There is nothing to admit, it's obvious to the casual investigator.

I am still interested in why you are refusing to discuss whether or not you personally are permitted to partake of the emblems of the lord's evening meal.

I understand some JWs are permitted and some aren't; why this is, is worthy of debate.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Apr 14

I guess everyone's at church worshipping Ishtar...

F

Moves
20 Apr 14

right sooooo lets get this, two fellows carrying a huge Easter egg through the city on behalf of Christians to petition parliament to stop closing churches and there is not a pagan element in site, thank you for that.
Unless they are engaged in a "pagan rite", "pagan worship" or a "pagan festival", celebrating "pagan deities", or affirming "pagan beliefs", I don't see how they can be described as "pagan elements"

F

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Let me be clear; I eat hot crossed buns, Easter eggs and enjoy Christmas but never for religious reasons because everything related to those festivals originates in paganism.
"Everything?"

Jesus' execution and subsequent resurrection [according to Christian theology] "originates in paganism"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
"Everything?"

Jesus' execution and subsequent resurrection [according to Christian theology] "originates in paganism"?
I knew as soon as I posted that it would bounce back but I was too lazy to edit it. No, not everything.

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Unless they are engaged in a "pagan rite", "pagan worship" or a "pagan festival", celebrating "pagan deities", or affirming "pagan beliefs", I don't see how they can be described as "pagan elements"
and this huge effigy of an egg, it was merely coincidence, I see.

F

Moves
20 Apr 14

and this huge effigy of an egg, it was merely coincidence, I see.
What "pagan deities" are you accusing them of worshipping?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
What "pagan deities" are you accusing them of worshipping?
sigh, I have not accused them of worshiping any pagan dieties i am merely wondering why a christian would be found carrying a huge pagan effigy through the middle of town.