Happy christmas

Happy christmas

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Dec 15

Sincere best wishes to all regardless of faith or lack of.
Enjoy!
😀

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Enjoy!
😀
Indeed, well stated and same to you, yours and all in here.

Moves
23 Dec 15

Incidentally I felt obliged to apologise for wishing "Merry Christmas" to a group of people I was on a conference call with yesterday. It was international and there was one person from Dubai on the call.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Incidentally I felt obliged to apologise for wishing "Merry Christmas" to a group of people I was on a conference call with yesterday. It was international and there was one person from Dubai on the call.
That had to be awkward.

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
That had to be awkward.
It was! Fortunately everyone knew me very well and the middle-east guy is not particularly religious. Nevertheless I felt a bit embarrassed.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
23 Dec 15

Enjoy!
😀
Best wishes to everybody; May All Beings Be Happy!
😵

Cape Town

Moves
23 Dec 15
1 edit

Why would someone from Dubai cause you to apologise?

The Muslims I know would have no problem with someone wishing them a Merry Christmas, just as most Christians have no problem with Muslims wishing them well over Ramadan or Jews wishing them well over Hanukkah or a Hindus wishing a happy Diwali.

I have been told "Ramadan Mubarak" or "Eid Mubarak" without taking any offence.

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why would someone from Dubai cause you to apologise?

The Muslims I know would have no problem with someone wishing them a Merry Christmas, just as most Christians have no problem with Muslims wishing them well over Ramadan or Jews wishing them well over Hanukkah or a Hindus wishing a happy Diwali.

It wasn't the guy from Dubai (I think he's Egyptian anyway) himself per-se. I just blurted an casual apology after blurting a casual "Merry Christmas". Where I work there is a high degree of political correctness and everyone says "happy holidays".

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why would either offend you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Dec 15

Enjoy!
😀
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well, and to all friends, foes and debaters on RHP. Hope the heated debates continue unabated 🙂

Thankfully where Im from there is no such thing as political correctness. 😀

w

Moves
23 Dec 15
1 edit

Just yell Allah Akbar! at the end and everything should be just peachy.

At least you will know next year. You will have the added amusement of everyone scrambling for cover around the room thinking they are all going to be blown to smithereens.

Merry Christmas to everyone, including Muslims and their war god allah.

Cape Town

Moves
23 Dec 15

Why would either offend you?
It wouldn't and didn't which is exactly my point.

Cape Town

Moves
23 Dec 15

Where I work there is a high degree of political correctness and everyone says "happy holidays".
And why is that considered 'politically correct'? Are you sure they are not just non-Christians? What about those of us that don't get holidays?

Cape Town

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by whodey
Just yell Allah Akbar! at the end and everything should be just peachy.
RJ puts that at the end of all his posts. He just says it in English and Hebrew instead of Arabic.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Dec 15
1 edit

It wasn't the guy from Dubai (I think he's Egyptian anyway) himself per-se. I just blurted an casual apology after blurting a casual "Merry Christmas". Where I work there is a high degree of political correctness and everyone says "happy holidays".
People who say happy holidays should be slapped... I ain't got no holiday this Xmas... So, it's very insulting!

If anyone gets their knickers in a twist over someone wishing them a happy Xmas or a joyous Hanuka or whatever... Screw them! Slap them!

They're abusing our oxygen just by being alive.

Edit:
Yeah, so happy work-days one and all!