Greatest Fear

Greatest Fear

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jb

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes it would be cool,and keep on making it up. For creation is always a an uplifing act. (please dont start with me about 'creating war' or anything like that. That is just a misapropriation of the term 'creatiion'😉

Trancesdence is imminent. All life will feel the effects one way or another.😵
I agree with you on the war stuff. If we have another civil war or revolution here it sure wont be to my liking. Unfortunately if it does happen, we all will get consumed by it. If one group of people attempts to dominate another it is very dangerous. It fell upon other generations and I hope it doesn't ever fall on anyone again. I watched some war movies and Saving Privite Ryan really brings home how brutal war is. What in the world can justify it? To me it is pushed onto people. How many christians have killed christians in the name of it? I mention this as people get consumed by it to the point of killing their own brothers.

I am glad you liked the little heaven and earth thing.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Aug 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
I agree with you on the war stuff. If we have another civil war or revolution here it sure wont be to my liking. Unfortunately if it does happen, we all will get consumed by it. If one group of people attempts to dominate another it is very dangerous. It fell upon other generations and I hope it doesn't ever fall on anyone again. I watched some war movies ...[text shortened]... point of killing their own brothers.

I am glad you liked the little heaven and earth thing.
yeah man ,I liked it!

War is another of my greatest fears.As I understand it no bhuddist priest has ever condoned a war but many christian ones have. I repeat, Spirituality and war do not mix.
It is my understanding that the pope (whoever that was during WW2) was blessing both sides and keeping one foot in either camp, so to speak. I guess that is not surprising as Italy sat on the fence for WW2 and waiting to see who the victor would be. How weak and pathetic😛

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
12 Aug 09

yeah man ,I liked it!

War is another of my greatest fears.As I understand it no bhuddist priest has ever condoned a war but many christian ones have. I repeat, Spirituality and war do not mix.
It is my understanding that the pope (whoever that was during WW2) was blessing both sides and keeping one foot in either camp, so to speak. I guess that is ...[text shortened]... ly sat on the fence for WW2 and waiting to see who the victor would be. How weak and pathetic😛
So you really think that spirituality is a part of the Human which it has nothing to do with some other parts of the Human overall -thus you appear to beleive that spirituality is a kind of a standing alone value/ absolute truth/ attitude that it has nothing to do with the so called "bad/ negative" etc Human aspects because it is strictly related to the "good/ positive" etc aspects of our understanding/ beliefs/ behaviour!

I am sure that this dualistic approach is delusional. War is nothing but one more action of the Human -one of the most horrible- and yes, the Human can hardly keep her/ his spiritualism within such a plexus; however, thanks to our free will we are able to reserve our spirituality and our values intact even when we are engaged in war regardless of its scale. This is the reason why spirituality and war can be mixed alright -the monk warriors amongst else were doing it all the time😵

Moves
12 Aug 09
1 edit

Whats your biggest fear(s)? Hell? Torture? Death? Taxes?

Prohibition.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Aug 09

Originally posted by black beetle
So you really think that spirituality is a part of the Human which it has nothing to do with some other parts of the Human overall -thus you appear to beleive that spirituality is a kind of a standing alone value/ absolute truth/ attitude that it has nothing to do with the so called "bad/ negative" etc Human aspects because it is strictly related to the ...[text shortened]... ty and war can be mixed alright -the monk warriors amongst else were doing it all the time😵
I also agree with your post. However I'm not backing down from mine. Perhaps different wars and conflicts require different appraoches.
Can we both be right? (depending on the situation?)

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
13 Aug 09

I also agree with your post. However I'm not backing down from mine. Perhaps different wars and conflicts require different appraoches.
Can we both be right? (depending on the situation?)
It's only Us😵

d

Moves
13 Aug 09

Heaven will pass away? Huh?
Why would I subscribe to the idea of heaven if its just going to pass away.
Heaven in this context means the sky.

rc

Moves
15 Aug 09

Mine is that my ex-girlfriend might commit suicide. She just doesn't see what an amazing person she is , and constantly puts herself down. She does the most unselfish, creative,nurturing things all the time .For me,her children and others in general. She stands up for what is just and keeps an ...[text shortened]... hat she gets better and finally realizes what a lost she would be to the world if she died. 🙁
my opponents rooks on the seventh, England winning the football (soccer) world cup, becoming rich and successful and forgetting my friends, my son dying before me, waking up in Valhalla to find that i am the only Christian who made it through on a dispensation and not being allowed to fight and be served by pretty Viking maidens, these are my greatest fears at present, but i have plenty more.

P

weedhopper

Moves
16 Aug 09

Mine is that my ex-girlfriend might commit suicide. She just doesn't see what an amazing person she is , and constantly puts herself down. She does the most unselfish, creative,nurturing things all the time .For me,her children and others in general. She stands up for what is just and keeps an ...[text shortened]... hat she gets better and finally realizes what a lost she would be to the world if she died. 🙁
Please continue to pray, but if she says she may commit suicide, INTERVENE. Depending on her state, Talk to her, Take her for a ride, go get ice creeam, go to the mountains, sit on her, don't leave her alone, and if necessary, physically take her to an ER. But do NOT shrug off any threat, no matter how glib or remote it seems.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Aug 09

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Please continue to pray, but if she says she may commit suicide, INTERVENE. Depending on her state, Talk to her, Take her for a ride, go get ice creeam, go to the mountains, sit on her, don't leave her alone, and if necessary, physically take her to an ER. But do NOT shrug off any threat, no matter how glib or remote it seems.
Yes,I agree. She seems to have turned a coener, but I know those negative thoughts are still lurking...