1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:13
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You see GoD these Christians make the claim about OSAS and that all Christians get Gods Spirit. If this is true then FMF would not have left Christianity. So it suits their doctrine if they claim that he was lying rather than accepting that he was a Christian and he left.
    Who are you claiming is OSAS? This another word twist to suit your personal beliefs?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 21:25
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I don't trust FMF, I am starting to think he has been lying about his once so called faith.
    It's your prerogative to think and say whatever you like. If you think I am a liar, so be it.

Now, regardless of whether you think I used to be a Christian or not, what about the observations and questions I put to you about a child rapist having everlasting life if he believes in Jesus and repents, and a person who devotes his or her whole life to protecting children from child sex abuse being tortured for eternity for not believing in Jesus.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 21:27
    No one here is compelled to respond to anyone's questions, he to mine, or mine to him. I don't fault him for asking me anything, but nothing is owed to him, or to me.
    I am interested in discussing our current beliefs.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 21:30
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am interested in discussing our current beliefs.
    I'm not interested in your interests, because I think we need to understand our pasts to
    know how we got to where we are. Our current beliefs are just us where our past has
    brought us.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 21:35
    I'm not interested in your interests, because I think we need to understand our pasts to
    know how we got to where we are. Our current beliefs are just us where our past has
    brought us.
    I am not interested in discussing what I believed in decades past. I am, however, interested in this thread topic, this OP, and the Christian ideology related to this issue of how child rapists can get to "heaven", so to speak, while those who might spend a lifetime protecting children from sex abusers can end up being tortured forever. If you want to run away from the topic, then just run away.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 21:37
    I am not interested in discussing what I believed in decades past. I am, however, interested in this thread topic, this OP, and the Christian ideology related to this issue of how child rapists can get to "heaven", so to speak, while those who might spend a lifetime protecting children from sex abusers can end up being tortured forever. If you want to run away from the topic, then just run away.
    Answer my questions, I will without a doubt answer yours.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 21:47
    Answer my questions, I will without a doubt answer yours.
    I post here as a non-believer, and as a non-Christian. I accept that you have branded me as a liar. I am willing to set that aside. If I want to discuss things I believed in the past, I will start a thread about it someday.

I believe that child sex rapists die and that so do people who protect children from rapists. This happens regardless of their religious beliefs.

Here is the question from page 1 that has caused your three-page long deflection:

Do you believe it is perfect and divine "justice" if a lifelong campaigner against child sex abuse who helped hundreds of children to escape their abusers but who is an atheist, on one hand, ~ and a lifelong sex abuser of children who had hundreds of victims who is also an atheist ~ both get the same tortured-for-eternity punishment for being atheists?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 22:14
    I post here as a non-believer, and as a non-Christian. I accept that you have branded me as a liar. I am willing to set that aside. If I want to discuss things I believed in the past, I will start a thread about it someday.

I believe that child sex rapists die and that so do people who protect children from rapists. This happens regardless of their religiou ...[text shortened]... who is also an atheist ~ both get the same tortured-for-eternity punishment for being atheists?
    You know how to get me to respond to your question, if not I guess you really don't want
    my response.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 22:17
    You know how to get me to respond to your question, if not I guess you really don't want
    my response.
    I accept that you think I am a liar.

Now, what about the application of your Christian beliefs to Christian child rapists and non-Christian child rapists?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 09:46
    I accept that you think I am a liar.

Now, what about the application of your Christian beliefs to Christian child rapists and non-Christian child rapists?
    I accept you don't want to talk about your past, all of those conversations just simply do
    not interest you, so please treat my interests the same way as I will treat yours. Unless
    you think you have the only interests that matter here, do to me as you would have me
    do to you by honoring my interests as well.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 09:511 edit
    I accept you don't want to talk about your past, all of those conversations just simply do not interest you, so please treat my interests the same way as I will treat yours. Unless you think you have the only interests that matter here, do to me as you would have me do to you by honoring my interests as well.
    You are here to speak in public about your current beliefs, same as me. Feel free to comment on mine, just as I will feel free to comment on anything ghastly or demented or incoherent you choose to say - in public - about the supposed fate of human beings who don't happen to have the same religious beliefs as you. If your "interest" is broadcasting your profoundly misanthropic creed unchallenged, then I am afraid that I will not always be able to cooperate with that. This is a public space, after all. 😉
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 10:401 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    A Catholic archbishop in Australia has been given
    a maximum sentence of 12 months in detention for
    concealing child sexual abuse in the 1970s
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-44692396

A long time coming.
    The catholic government dropped the ball on this issue. I think they have proven this is about game of thrones and not about religious truth. Even their priests don't really buy into sky daddy watching us and then sending sinners to suffer hell for eternity.

Ah jesus. As we help the third world grow up, watch catholicism die.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 11:20
    You are here to speak in public about your current beliefs, same as me. Feel free to comment on mine, just as I will feel free to comment on anything ghastly or demented or incoherent you choose to say - in public - about the supposed fate of human beings who don't happen to have the same religious beliefs as you. If your "interest" is broadcasting your profoun ...[text shortened]... aid that I will not always be able to cooperate with that. This is a public space, after all. 😉
    You keep trying to justify your reasons for your interests, and I keep trying to tell you that it doesn’t matter to me why! You don’t want to talk about somethings, so don’t talk about them. Having right or wrong, better or worse justifications is not at play here! So telling me what I should and should not do does not matter either, I accept you saying no you don’t want to share things about your past no need to justify that to me! So respect my desires, and stop telling me why my desires don’t matter.

You seem to be coming off as if you have a better reason to not do what you want than I do so I should be compelled to do what I do not want!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 11:311 edit
    KellyJay rung his hands publicly ~ of course ~ for the poor children who were abused, and yet his ugly ideology has him believing that it is "justice" and 'morally sound' for a lifelong campaigner against such child sex abuse - who may have helped hundreds of children to escape their abusers - to be tortured-for-eternity punishment by an angry, vengeful god figure for not being a Christian.

Meanwhile the child rapists can go to the "heaven" - he believes - if they are members of his particular religion, believe in Jesus, and repent.

If he's going to air an ideology like this in public, he's got to expect some dissent.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 12:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree