1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 02:09
    @secondson said
    The whole purpose of being a Christian is to be like Jesus Christ.
    You are a Christian. Are you "like Jesus Christ"?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:121 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Reading this...it is easy to see why you prefer the vacuousness of this online argument forum to real life.

Which word of Jesus is vacuous, John 7:39 ?
    That and/or Romans 8:29 is vacuous, not real ?
    What other words out of the mouth of the One you claim as your Lord and Savior is "vacuous" ?
    Maybe the entire New Testament to you is vacuous? .
    I said the vacuousness of the forum, not of the New Testament...what are you rambling on about?

Or are you just being dishonest again.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 10:36
    @divegeester

You are speaking of both being vacuous.
    Honestly.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 10:42
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Honestly.
    Where did he say the New Testament is vacuous?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 10:46
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Honestly.
    Can you point to where I even inferred that?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 19:114 edits
    -FMF
    Most people who think of portions of the Bible as vacuous don't admit it.

- Divegeester
    You haven't been to active in this thread.
    In threads concerning the Triune God I found you to think much of the NT was vacuous.
    In threads concerning warnings of Christ concerning divine judgment beyond physical death, I found you to treat some passages vacuously.

So my experience has been you have inferred both the Bible and some Christians expounding of it are vacuous.
    VACUOUS
    having or showing a lack of thought or intelligence; mindless.
    "a vacuous smile"
    synonyms: - blank, vacant, expressionless, deadpan, inscrutable, inexpressive, poker-faced, emotionless, impassive, absent, absentminded, uninterested, empty, glassy, stony, wooden, motionless, lifeless, inanimate
    "he had a vacuous expression on his face"
    ARCHAIC
    empty.

Watch.

Which one of the divine "Us" here is not God?

That they all may be one, even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me." (John 17:21)

Silent assessment that this actually means both the Father and the Son as "Us" are both God, makes me wonder that you regard the verses as "vacuous".

I'd welcome the opportunity of you acknowledging that it is not vacuous. God is there both in the "Us".

My experience is that this verse also gains a vacuous reaction from you over the years.

"But I will show you whom you should fear: fear HIm who, after killing, has authority to cast into Gehenna, yes, I tell you, fear Him." (Luke 12:5)

Before you accuse me of being vacuous, realize your blank silence upon verses like this is -

having or showing a lack of thought or intelligence; mindless.
    "a vacuous smile"
    synonyms: blank, vacant, expressionless, deadpan, inscrutable, inexpressive, poker-faced, emotionless, impassive, absent, absentminded, uninterested, empty, glassy, stony, wooden, motionless, lifeless, inanimate
    "he had a vacuous expression on his face"
    ARCHAIC
    empty.

In the past though. After the vacuous reaction there has been a herculean effort to portray me as wicked for taking such passages in an UN-vacuous way.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 19:51
    @sonship said
    -FMF
    Most people who think of portions of the Bible as vacuous don't admit it.

- Divegeester
    You haven't been to active in this thread.
    In threads concerning the Triune God I found you to think much of the NT was vacuous.
    In threads concernin ...[text shortened]... e has been a herculean effort to portray me as wicked for taking such passages in an UN-vacuous way.
    So you have nothing...you’re just lying basically. Claiming I said something when I didn’t and lacking the fibre to admit it and apologise.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 20:10
    @divegeester

Notice still no reaction to passages as clear as day.

Rather a vacuous denial with a empty expectation for an entitled apology.
  9. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 20:40
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Notice still no reaction to passages as clear as day.

Rather a vacuous denial with a empty expectation for an entitled apology.
    Sleight of hand is no substitute for honest magic.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 21:413 edits
    @Velns

He asked for where he even inferred something in Scripture was vacuous.
    And I gave it to him.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 21:561 edit
    @SecondSon to FMF

You know, the stuff the Bible says that you claim to have lost your faith in.

Just try getting evidence of it as strenuously as he demands evidence from me of my experiences.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 22:132 edits
    @divegeester

So you have nothing...you’re just lying basically.

No I don't lie.
    I truthfully admitted that on THIS thread you have not written much.

And I truthfully reminded you of other times your reaction me showing you something about either the three-oneness of God or His authority to judge beyond what man can do, you gave many times a vacuous reaction.

No slight of hand.
    No magic.
    No lying.

If I am wrong that your reactions were not inferring such verses did not deserve a vacuous response go get me an example of when you offered a direct, pointed, specifically dedicated response to Luke 12:5 or John 14:23 or John 17:21 or 22.

I think the routine has been silence from you.
    That is silence first followed by vague grumbling.

Show me one specific counter argument you immediately made to my pointing to you these passages and maybe I will apologize. My recollection is that you IGNORE with SILENCE my pointing out to you these clear passages.

That is silence soon followed by vitriol of "How could you believe such things?"
    I told you how. I showed you what He said.

(Again on this thread, other then blurt in that I speak vacuously, I recall at the moment no substantive comment on the subject matter.)
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 22:49
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

So you have nothing...you’re just lying basically.

No I don't lie.
    I truthfully admitted that on THIS thread you have not written much.
    Show me where I said it... not your imaginations
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 02:11
    @sonship said
    @SecondSon to FMF

You know, the stuff the Bible says that you claim to have lost your faith in.

Just try getting evidence of it as strenuously as he demands evidence from me of my experiences.
    I am asking you for evidence to substantiate your claims about the supernatural effects you assert your beliefs have had on you yourself, and not asking you for evidence from the Bible.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 03:31
    @FMF

I am asking you for evidence to substantiate your claims about the supernatural effects you assert your beliefs have had on you yourself, and not asking you for evidence from the Bible.

And I point out that evidence that you once had the supernatural rebirth and lost it, you don't provide.

And contrary to your posture of innocence, what you are demanding is evidence that you will approve of.
    But why should you admit or believe my testimonies?

Your vested interest is to hold to no possible acceptable evidence could be for one claiming to live in God's presence.
    Least of all when it means FMF might be wrong about something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree