Good Christians to Follow

Good Christians to Follow

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @sonship
You still are spiritually diseased with suspicious and sick questionings.
Well, it is a debate and discussion forum, sonship, isn't it, so questions are inevitably going to get asked.

F

Moves
04 Sep 17

Would you like to volunteer as a real good negative example of a supposed former Christian to follow ? I mean if you are so anxious for me to point out here a bad example, you could volunteer to be one.
You want a "good negative example of a supposed former Christian to follow"? Why? There aren't any former Christians that I follow. I have no suggestions on that front. It's a peculiar question, I must say. A "good negative example"? Hmmm.

Do you think "Who makes an example of a good Christian to follow in this community?", on a thread with this topic, is a peculiar question? Or a sick or "diseased" question perhaps?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 17
1 edit

Throughout the years here I have given posters who say they are Christians a benefit of a doubt. I am not quick to claim that I know that they actually are.

When I converse with some posters here I do so as giving them a benefit of a doubt.
Instances when I write something indicating that I have good confidence that this is a genuine Christian brother ...[text shortened]... expect and would not mind that others with some wisdom would have the same approach towards me.
It is clear that actually, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever who is a good Christian to follow, and certainly no courage to say who's who in terms of that premise.

You are a lame religious intelectal sonship; thinking things about biblical texts, postulating on your strange beliefs and presenting yourself as a teacher of nothing.

Eladar is a vicious, bigoted asshat of the highest order whom I wouldn't follow to the newsagents for a packet of sweets. Man up FFS and say what you actually think...or frankly just zip it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Sep 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
It is clear that actually, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever who is a good Christian to follow, and certainly no courage to say who's who in terms of that premise.

You are a lame religious intelectal sonship; thinking things about biblical texts, postulating on your strange beliefs and presenting yourself as a teacher of nothing.

Eladar is ...[text shortened]... nts for a packet of sweets. Man up FFS and say what you actually think...or frankly just zip it.

One of the best guidelines is that we become imitators of those who are inheriting the promises.

" That you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience are inheriting the promises. (Heb. 6:12)

So first you become acquainted with what are the promises to inherit in terms of living and expressing Christ. As you pursue Christ yourself, you take notice of those from whom you can learn more of the inheritance.

Eladar is a vicious, bigoted asshat of the highest order whom I wouldn't follow to the newsagents for a packet of sweets. Man up FFS and say what you actually think...or frankly just zip it.

Again, a good guideline is to become acquainted with Christ and what He can be to us. This is the inheritance. Then we notice, as we ourselves pursue, those who are coming into the experience and expression of Christ in their living.

" That you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience are inheriting the promises. (Heb. 6:12)

Such believers usually exemplify faith.
They also may exemplify endurance.

Since the writer says " not be sluggish" it is also helpful to notice Christians who do not stay in a rut year after year. You notice them growing and not being "sluggish" remaining always in the same place.

These are all helpful suggestions on noticing Christians who are good to follow as you yourself pursue Christ.

Follow does not mean that you become their disciples or proselytes. It usually means that their good spiritual habits and proper humanity, you too open up to pick up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Sep 17

Paul mentions those who are mature should be as he was - pursuing Christ and forgetting the things which were behind. This may include both bad things and good things.

Yesterday's experience of Jesus is in the past. Today the Christian needs to stretch forward to what God has for them to learn before them. First here is Paul saying that this was a good attitude for the mature to have.

So I go to the end of the section first. Then I'll go back to what leads up to this conclusion.

" Let us therefore, as many as are full-grown, have this mind ... " (See Phil. 3:15a)

So, mature Christians should have this mind, at whatever level of spiritual growth they are. Paul includes himself in that he writes "Let us ..." .

Now what is the mind that he speaks of ? Well some of it is in these verses preceding.

"Not that I have already obtained or am already perfected, but I pursue, if also I may lay hold of that for which I also have been laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

Brothers, I do not yet reckon myself to have laid hold, but ONE THING I DO - forgetting the things which are behind and stretching forward to the things which are before,

I pursue toward the goal for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as are full-grown, have this mind ..." (Phil. 3:12-15a)

Isn't that good ?
Imitate Paul pursing Christ by forgetting the things which are behind, stretching forward to new experiences of Christ, always leaning forward to more enjoyment of Christ - deeper enjoyment of Christ.

I call this "forget-stretching" forward to gain Christ.
Do not linger in your past even if it was good.

"Lord Jesus, I want more of You. Lord Jesus there is still more of You I can enjoy. Bring me forward Lord."

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 17
2 edits

One of the best guidelines is that we become imitators of those who are inheriting the promises.
In your opinion is Eladar a "good Christian to follow"?

E

Moves
05 Sep 17

Who is good other than God in heaven?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
In your opinion is Eladar a "good Christian to follow"?
On the subject of Prayer - Derick Prince or George Muller

On the matter of consecration - Watchman Nee or J. N. Darby

On the matter of thankgsgiving and forgiveness - Fanny Crosby

On love for sinners and the Gospel - Howard Hagashi

On regard for the Holiness of God - R.C. Sproul

On Trusting God for Financis - Watchman Nee or George Muller

On Gospel Preaching - Evan Roberts

On Seeing the Big Picture of God's eternal purpose - Witness Lee

On trusting Christ to overcome personal tragedy - Elizabeth Elliot

On Knowing Christ as the Spirit - Andrew Murray, Witness Lee

On purity of service - Miss M. E. Barber

On endurance in suffering - Corey Tin Boom

E

Moves
06 Sep 17

On the subject of Prayer - Derick Prince or George Muller

On the matter of consecration - Watchman Nee or J. N. Darby

On the matter of thankgsgiving and forgiveness - Fanny Crosby

On love for sinners and the Gospel - Howard Hagashi

On regard for the Holiness of God - R.C. Sproul

On Trusting God for Financis - Watchman Nee or George Muller ...[text shortened]... s Lee

On purity of service - Miss M. E. Barber

On endurance in suffering - Corey Tin Boom
Will all of these people inherit eternal life?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Sep 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Will all of these people inherit eternal life?
Yes.
They already experienced something of eternal life. That is why they lived a good
testimony.

E

Moves
07 Sep 17

Yes.
They already experienced something of eternal life. That is why they lived a good
testimony.
So you are God to know.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Sep 17
2 edits

So you are God to know.
I do not claim infallibility.
But I can say with Paul, when he gave his opinion about something -

" ... and I think also that I have the Spirit of God." ( 1 Cor. 7:40)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Sep 17

Who is good other than God in heaven?
God's intention is to work Himself into His saved people.
God's will is to wrought what He is in life and nature into His people.

F

Moves
09 Sep 17

God's intention is to work Himself into His saved people.
God's will is to wrought what He is in life and nature into His people.
Eladar talks quite a lot about "the children of Satan" and you talk quite a lot about "the folliwers of Satan". What's the difference? Who's the better Christian to follow, you or Eladar?

E

Moves
09 Sep 17

I do not claim infallibility.
But I can say with Paul, when he gave his opinion about something -

[b] " ... and I think also that I have the Spirit of God." ( 1 Cor. 7:40)
[/b]
So he said he thought, but did that mean he believed he was absolutely correct?

I believe that I have the Spirit of God, but that does not mean I equate that to mean I must be correct.