Goobly Gook

Goobly Gook

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Jun 10

Religion is man made, an example would be, a character named Joseph Smith had a dream one night that god instucted him, and the next morning started his own religion, which we now know as the mormans.

Spirituality on the other hand, deals with our existance, and our relationship with the power behind everything, no rules, no dogma, no diety, no punishment, no judgement, as apposed to religion, which is an attempt to control the masses.

This is why i say all religion is goobly gook, because it asserts many false ussumptions, and passes those ussumptions off as knowledge.

cheers vishvahetu

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jun 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Religion is man made, an example would be, a character named Joseph Smith had a dream one night that god instucted him, and the next morning started his own religion, which we now know as the mormans.

Spirituality on the other hand, deals with our existance, and our relationship with the power behind everything, no rules, no dogma, no diety, no punishm ...[text shortened]... erts many false ussumptions, and passes those ussumptions off as knowledge.

cheers vishvahetu
This is the reason I started a thread called "1000 years". Seems like some people are like a thousand years behind others.

w

Moves
11 Jun 10

Spirituality on the other hand, deals with our existance, and our relationship with the power behind everything, no rules, no dogma, no diety, no punishm ...[text shortened]... erts many false ussumptions, and passes those ussumptions off as knowledge.

cheers vishvahetu
Speaking of false assumptions, why is it a given that there is a "power" behind everything that is not a diety? How can we then "relate" to this nondiety? Can we then also assume that our conduct should be seperate from this relationship?

I will tell you the religions that I think are "goobly gook" They are the ones started by someone who sits down to write a holy book all by themselves. They then attempt to ressurect a mass following and try to live high on the hog as they benefit from their newly created religion. Now that is controlling the masses.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Jun 10

Originally posted by whodey
Speaking of false assumptions, why is it a given that there is a "power" behind everything that is not a diety? How can we then "relate" to this nondiety? Can we then also assume that our conduct should be seperate from this relationship?

I will tell you the religions that I think are "goobly gook" They are the ones started by someone who sits down to w ...[text shortened]... og as they benefit from their newly created religion. Now that is controlling the masses.
to whodey

yes you have a point, but when i say no diety, i am meaning the institutionalized diety,.....but of cource a person may conseive of a diety, that fits there personal understanding of that supreme power, and thats what most people are doing anyway, you see a diety must be personal to you, and of where your understanding is, in the moment.

cheers vishvahetu

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Jun 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
This is the reason I started a thread called "1000 years". Seems like some people are like a thousand years behind others.
to karoly aczel

hey, i,ll look that up..............cheers vishvahetu

w

Moves
11 Jun 10

to whodey

yes you have a point, but when i say no diety, i am meaning the institutionalized diety,.....but of cource a person may conseive of a diety, that fits there personal understanding of that supreme power, and thats what most people are doing anyway, you see a diety must be personal to you, and of where your understanding is, in the moment.

cheers vishvahetu
Wait a second, so we are to "know" the diety but that diety cannot be known by any institution?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Jun 10

Wait a second, so we are to "know" the diety but that diety cannot be known by any institution?
to Whodey

ones perception of god is personal to us, and should not be institutionalized, but if one wants to institutionalize his/her idea of deity, then go for it.

cheers vishvahetu

w

Moves
11 Jun 10

to Whodey

ones perception of god is personal to us, and should not be institutionalized, but if one wants to institutionalize his/her idea of deity, then go for it.

cheers vishvahetu
What do you refer to as "institutionalized"? If one writes down what they feel to be "God inspired" writings is this institutionalizing things?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Jun 10

What do you refer to as "institutionalized"? If one writes down what they feel to be "God inspired" writings is this institutionalizing things?
to Whodey

an example would be, that in christianity you have the diety all decided for you, you know, like god is our disappointed father in us, and jesus with his blue eyes and long lushes hair, that sought of thing, its intitutionalized for us, so we dont have to think for ourselves.

cheers vishvahetu

w

Moves
11 Jun 10

to Whodey

an example would be, that in christianity you have the diety all decided for you, you know, like god is our disappointed father in us, and jesus with his blue eyes and long lushes hair, that sought of thing, its intitutionalized for us, so we dont have to think for ourselves.

cheers vishvahetu
What is institutionalized is the PERCIEVED God of the Bible. For example, who has and infinite 100% God figured out? Its simply not possible. In fact, Christ did not have blue eyes and was said to not be attractive as most pictures would have you to believe, at least, according to the prophet Isaiah.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Jun 10

to Whodey

cheers vishvahetu
I don't think any educated person has believed Jesus was blue eyed for quite a while now.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Jun 10

What is institutionalized is the PERCIEVED God of the Bible. For example, who has and infinite 100% God figured out? Its simply not possible. In fact, Christ did not have blue eyes and was said to not be attractive as most pictures would have you to believe, at least, according to the prophet Isaiah.
to Whodey

thats correct

cheers vishvahetu

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Jun 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't think any educated person has believed Jesus was blue eyed for quite a while now.
to AThousnadYoung

Either do i.

cheers vishvahetu

Cape Town

Moves
11 Jun 10

Spirituality on the other hand, deals with our existance, and our relationship with the power behind everything, no rules, no dogma, no diety, no punishment, no judgement, as apposed to religion, which is an attempt to control the masses.
Nevertheless the claim that there is a 'power behind everything' is man made and just as much goobly gook as religion. It is also a false assumption that you keep trying to pass off as knowledge.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
11 Jun 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Nevertheless the claim that there [b]is a 'power behind everything' is man made and just as much goobly gook as religion. It is also a false assumption that you keep trying to pass off as knowledge.[/b]
to twhite head

if thats your perception of things, well then thats your perception of things.

cheers vishvahetu