God

God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Sep 18

If he exists he is rubbish at his job, think a career move is in order.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Sep 18

Originally posted by @badradger
Since you seem to think you are his self-appointed supervisor, perhaps you should take it up with him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Sep 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Since you seem to think you are his self-appointed supervisor, perhaps you should take it up with him.
tried his cell phone is always on answerphone. never rings me back, ignorant twerp.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Sep 18

Man’s greatest complaint about God is He doesn’t do things the way we would. When we look at our limits and God being limitless, what He values and what we do are not the samethings. You would have to grasp what He does and why to really make that call.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Sep 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Man’s greatest complaint about God is He doesn’t do things the way we would. When we look at our limits and God being limitless, what He values and what we do are not the samethings. You would have to grasp what He does and why to really make that call.
you are suggesting that god thinks in a different way to humans, to the best of my knowledge there is no other thought than human thought, any other would be incomprehensible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Sep 18

you are suggesting that god thinks in a different way to humans, to the best of my knowledge there is no other thought than human thought, any other would be incomprehensible.
Yes, His ways are not ours. Think about the attributes of God, He is the Alpha and Omega, He is everywhere, He created everything, and holds all together by the power of His Word! He knows everything so that at no time does any of the smallest of particles escapes Him, neither does how anything small or great relates to the rest of the universe. Which means everything all at once has God’s total attention!

So I would say His views are different than ours.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Sep 18

"..,to the best of my knowledge..."

That's a good place to start.

P

Moves
15 Sep 18

tried his cell phone is always on answerphone. never rings me back, ignorant twerp.
i have to tell you, God has a good sense of humor.

so what is it that brings you to these thoughts at this time in your life

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Sep 18

Man’s greatest complaint about God is He doesn’t do things the way we would.
No.
Man's greatest complaint about god is that he doesn't do things.

He is completely conspicuous by his complete absence.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Sep 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Well I would but there are millions ahead of me in the queue all waiting .... and waiting ... and

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
No.
Man's greatest complaint about god is that he doesn't do things.

He is completely conspicuous by his complete absence.
Cannot be that since God provides everything for us from the air we breathe, heath to
our bodies, maintains the universe we live in and so on. So again, He doesn't behave
like we would have Him. He isn't absent, instead He allows us to live life with the
consequences of our actions good and bad. He is very merciful too otherwise we would
all be zapped out of this life. Even your complaint is just saying God isn’t doing things the
way you’d like them to be done.

Moves
16 Sep 18

Cannot be that since God provides everything for us from the air we breathe, heath to
our bodies, maintains the universe we live in and so on. So again, He doesn't behave
like we would have Him. He isn't absent, instead He allows us to live life with the
consequences of our actions good and bad. He is very merciful too otherwise we would
all be zapped ...[text shortened]... . Even your complaint is just saying God isn’t doing things the
way you’d like them to be done.
Sometimes in life, bad things happen that are not a result of personal consequence. If God is truly merciful and all-powerful, why doesn't he intervene in these instances?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Sometimes in life, bad things happen that are not a result of personal consequence. If God is truly merciful and all-powerful, why doesn't he intervene in these instances?
What makes you think He hasn't?
This life is full of good and bad things occurring, for all you know God has been holding
back a lot of bad things. Personally, I think it is getting worse because God is allowing
us to do a lot things we shouldn't do to each other, so He is no longer holding us back
from revealing what we really are with out Him.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Would you say that, as a parent, you would be doing your child a beneficial service if you kept them from ALL harm?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Well I would but there are millions ahead of me in the queue all waiting .... and waiting ... and
But we all have a direct line. Refusing to make that call is just that: your refusal.

Basically, you put yourself on hold.