God is....

God is....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
21 Feb 13

Originally posted by caissad4
I believe that GOD is the entire universe or GOD does not exist.
God is an antinomy. Coincidentia oppositorum.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
So time can exist without space and matter and energy? What substance communicated this creation to the angels to enable them to 'witness' it? Is there some other dimension you are not telling us about or know nothing about?
So when you say God created something from nothing, you really mean that he acted cross dimensionally. But since we know angels are capable of this too, then that is not really a god-power.
The distinction is creation as opposed to re-creation.
Only God for creation.
God and the angels for the re-creation.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
21 Feb 13

So time can exist without space and matter and energy? What substance communicated this creation to the angels to enable them to 'witness' it? Is there some other dimension you are not telling us about or know nothing about?
So when you say God created something from nothing, you really mean that he acted cross dimensionally. But since we know angels are capable of this too, then that is not really a god-power.
If string theory is correct (big if since it is still untestable) then there are 11 dimensions out there for gos, demi gods, angels, demons, devils and all manner of supernatural oddness to play in.

O

Moves
21 Feb 13

Originally posted by Kepler
If string theory is correct (big if since it is still untestable) then there are 11 dimensions out there for gos, demi gods, angels, demons, devils and all manner of supernatural oddness to play in.
Come on use your brane! 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Feb 13

Originally posted by OdBod
ha ha ha ha

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Feb 13

Originally posted by caissad4
I believe that GOD is the entire universe or GOD does not exist.
can the entire universe fit on your front porch then?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Feb 13

Seems we have evidence of illiteracy in the Spirituality forum. NOT a specific god so not this eponymous God character. How could you tell if some being was a deity of some sort? What attributes make a god?
There is only one God, so asking about 'a god' defaults back to Him.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Feb 13

Still not quite managing to grasp the purpose of this thread are we? Plain vanilla god, any old god, what makes a god a god? Why would we regard any being as a god? NOT the biblical god, NOT the Norse gods, NOT any specific god. I am asking g how we would know a god if we stumbled across one.
So, not believing in ANY god, you go from no god to an endless possibility of gods?

oh so careful to step right over the fact of the one and only God, the God of the Bible, the God of Abraham, you fly from one false theory (no god) straight into another false theory (multiple gods), totally missing the fact between them, looming large.

As long as you keep searching, though, with honesty and with your heart, you will eventually find Him. Don't give up yet.

T

Moves
22 Feb 13

Originally posted by OdBod
Brane and brane, what is brane?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Feb 13

Still not quite managing to grasp the purpose of this thread are we? Plain vanilla god, any old god, what makes a god a god? Why would we regard any being as a god? NOT the biblical god, NOT the Norse gods, NOT any specific god. I am asking g how we would know a god if we stumbled across one.
Okay, then I'll ignore the thread....people call pieces of wood gods, the sun, any
ole thing they want....if you don't care what makes up a god who cares what proof
they bring to the table.
Kelly

PDI

Moves
22 Feb 13

Ding-dong.

"Hello sir, what can I do for you?"

"My name is God. Have any questions or requests?"

"Uh, let me grab a pencil and paper... What are the base-ten digits of pi, starting with the 10,414th and going out to the 10,455th?"

*Writes down the digits as the visitor recites them, planning to check later on with a math website to see how the old gent did*

"I'll be checking up on you on that. Thanks. Now, down the block there's a lass who is missing two fingers from her left hand. Let's go ring that bell, and I'm going to have you instantaneously restore the missing fingers. She'll be delighted, let me tell you sir."

And like that.

Moves
22 Feb 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
Ding-dong.

"Uh, let me grab a pencil and paper... What are the base-ten digits of pi, starting with the 10,414th and going out to the 10,455th?"

*Writes down the digits as the visitor recites them, planning to check later on with a math website to see how ...[text shortened]... e the missing fingers. She'll be delighted, let me tell you sir."

And like that.
Ding-dong.

"Not really. Have a nice day."

Cape Town

Moves
22 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
There is only one God, so asking about 'a god' defaults back to Him.
Yet the Bible mentions other gods a number of times.

Check out:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/gods.html

In fact, one could easily interpret all the claims of a single 'God' as being a claim of superiority rather than a claim that other gods do not exist.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
22 Feb 13

Check out:

In fact, one could easily interpret all the claims of a single 'God' as being a claim of superiority rather than a claim that other gods do not exist.
The one god thing reminds me of one of the excuses used by Genghis Khan for invading neighbouring countries. He knew he was the one and only god-given overlord of the entire earth so any other supposed kings, emperors etc must be rebelling against his rule. There can be only one!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Feb 13
1 edit

Check out:

This is deceptively misleading.