God caused the tornado!!!!!!!!

God caused the tornado!!!!!!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Apr 11

Just watched one of many interviews on the TV on the terrible tornado damage and loss of life in the South East here in the States. I think it's about 250 killed now. So hard to watch.
But an elderly lady said "it was God's will and we just have to accept God's plans and go on."

What do you think about her explination of this horrible event?

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Just watched one of many interviews on the TV on the terrible tornado damage and loss of life in the South East here in the States. I think it's about 250 killed now. So hard to watch.
But an elderly lady said "it was God's will and we just have to accept God's plans and go on."

It is a way of coping with that which we cannot control. Whether it is true; what that says about people's ideas of God, etc., will probably dominate the rest of this thread so I am glad to get this in early.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by JS357
It is a way of coping with that which we cannot control. Whether it is true; what that says about people's ideas of God, etc., will probably dominate the rest of this thread so I am glad to get this in early.
Thanks for the comment...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Apr 11

It's a huge subject when you take it in it's broader perspective of suffering as a whole. Bad stuff happens all the time, good stuff happens all the time. I believe God is sovereign, but I don't believe that God directly intervenes to deliberately cause suffering; the chaos we see in the world is a result of creation's fallen state and is unwinding on it's own course.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Apr 11

Originally posted by divegeester
It's a huge subject when you take it in it's broader perspective of suffering as a whole. Bad stuff happens all the time, good stuff happens all the time. I believe God is sovereign, but I don't believe that God directly intervenes to deliberately cause suffering; the chaos we see in the world is a result of creation's fallen state and is unwinding on it's own course.
Good comment...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Apr 11
1 edit

Good things happen to good people, bad things happen to good people, good
things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to bad people. The point
is that things happen; God sends rain and both the good and bad get wet. We
live in a universe where all the forces of nature are simply just doing their
thing and we are in the midst of it, we shouldn't think God likes us if we are
very blessed or hates us if we are under a lot of stress, those things are just
things everyone has to deal with. Scripture teaches that we have an appointed
time to die; it has been in effect since sin. That event was a nasty thing as far
as I'm concern, I hate death, I'll be glad when God deals with it once and for
all.
Kelly

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
29 Apr 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Out of interest, do you believe the opposite - that He directly intervenes to cause the good stuff?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Apr 11

Is it God's will that millions die every year from just about every cause one can think of?

I don't think so. Everything is running it's course.

Thank God though that He will step in and end this one day.

In the Bible it's called "The day of the Lord".

In the mean time keep dodging the bullet. 😉

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Apr 11

Originally posted by josephw
Is it God's will that millions die every year from just about every cause one can think of?

I don't think so. Everything is running it's course.

Thank God though that He will step in and end this one day.

In the Bible it's called "The day of the Lord".

In the mean time keep dodging the bullet. 😉
Lol... We seem to be dodging a lot on this planet lately. And yes God promisses that someday soon the earth will once again be like he originally planned it in the Garden of Eden.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Apr 11

"Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." -- Matthew 24:42

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Apr 11

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Out of interest, do you believe the opposite - that He directly intervenes to cause the good stuff?
Good question. Within the context of my previous post, no I don't. However I believe that God will and can intervene specifically either way if he chooses.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Apr 11

If one were to look back on the examples in the Bible of God using natural forces for his purpose against man, he always gave a warning by prophet or angel or other means. The warnings were always to give ones not obedient to him an opportunity to correct their course of wrong doing.
So with the bible as our example of God's interactions with wicked ones in the past and the warnings he always issued, the day to day natural disasters are just that, a natural event produced by the earth's own actions such as weather, earthquakes, etc.
And these natural events affect us all no matter if we are good or bad in God's eyes.
Just a thought but God has given us warnings in his Bible to us all about armageddon coming. He also gave us the signs to watch for before it happens.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 11

If one were to look back on the examples in the Bible of God using natural forces for his purpose against man, he always gave a warning by prophet or angel or other means. The warnings were always to give ones not obedient to him an opportunity to correct their course of wrong doing.
So with the bible as our example of God's interactions with wicked o ...[text shortened]... to us all about armageddon coming. He also gave us the signs to watch for before it happens.
I dislike it when people try to pin point the end as if they can plan their lives
around this. If you are not ready the day you die, you'll die in your sins and
there will be no 2nd chances. I'm also not attempting to say you were saying
anything wrong or you were talking about something you shouldn't, I'm just
expressing my distaste for that subject.
Kelly

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
30 Apr 11

It seems there are three camps of thought. One faction holds that all is God's will. Another holds all bad comes from the Devil, and all good comes from God. Yet another believes God doesn't get involved in trivial matters such as weather.

I believe all three are correct.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
It seems there are three camps of thought. One faction holds that all is God's will. Another holds all bad comes from the Devil, and all good comes from God. Yet another believes God doesn't get involved in trivial matters such as weather.

I believe all three are correct.
I suppose from whose perspective we are looking from, what we may call
justice may be thought of as a crime by some. I do believe all good comes
from God, but God is the final judge of all, and He will not spare those He
condemns for their crimes against Him and His, just as He will forgive all he
has through His Son saved. In this life things happen, if they are good or
bad is not always easy to see, some times yes, sometings no.
Kelly