God caused the Columbine tragedy

God caused the Columbine tragedy

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
12 Nov 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
"God caused the Columbine tragedy"

Be carefull, the prince of darkness, God's adversary, is still on the scene.

I wonder why all his evil works are written on God's record by the anti-God squad ?
It's all about understanding what a Stackelberg leader is.

If God is a rational being, then given his "omni" characteristics, he knows how every being makes decisions in the face of external stimuli and has the power to influence these stimuli at will. From this it is a simple, albeit rather long, proof to show that God chose things exactly as they are.

Thus, he is clearly responsible.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Because...
...because the PoD is the Good Lord's Trouble Shooter.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
12 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I just posted this link on the Salvation thread. God is not in control of everything that happens.

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=364&mode=&order=0&thold=0
I fail to see your conclusion in the linked essay. Can you elaborate?

Moves
12 Nov 05

Originally posted by David C
At the risk of going off on a tangent here...I was skimming one of the other threads that went completely off topic (as usual). I noticed some of the xtian nodders blaming the Columbine shootings on either a) the teaching of TOE in public schools or b) not teaching xtianity.

This is ridiculous, and you know it: God caused Columbine.

Xtians, if you wish ...[text shortened]... estament to god's existence, rather it's an example of the benefits of religious mind-control.
And do you know why God allowed this, and did not stop this?

-Because He is no longer allowed in the public schools.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Nov 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
And do you know why God allowed this, and did not stop this?

-Because He is no longer allowed in the public schools.
It was funny the first time you said it.

If you're not jokng, what exactly do you mean?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 Nov 05

At the risk of going off on a tangent here...I was skimming one of the other threads that went completely off topic (as usual). I noticed some of the xtian nodders blaming the Columbine shootings on either a) the teaching of TOE in public schools or b) not teaching xtianity.

Xtians, if you wish ...[text shortened]... estament to god's existence, rather it's an example of the benefits of religious mind-control.
Was there an abortion clinic in Colombine then?

Moves
12 Nov 05

It was funny the first time you said it.

If you're not jokng, what exactly do you mean?
There is a difference between causing something to happen and allowing something to happen.

Read the story of Job and you'll have a pretty good idea what I mean.

If God is not allowed in the public schools do you really think he will make an effort to intervene?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Nov 05

If God is not allowed in the public schools do you really think he will make an effort to intervene?
What do you mean that God is not allowed in public schools?

Moves
12 Nov 05

What do you mean that God is not allowed in public schools?
You are not allowed to mention the name of God in a public school. Prayer has also been removed. In essence God has been removed from the public schools, meanig He is not 'allowed' in public schools. Strangely enough public schools are only allowed to promote a single religion. "Secular Humanism" is now the established religion in American public schools.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Nov 05

You are not allowed to mention the name of God in a public school. Prayer has also been removed. In essence God has been removed from the public schools, meanig He is not 'allowed' in public schools. Strangely enough public schools are only allowed to promote a single religion. "Secular Humanism" is now the established religion in American public schools.
There's absolutely nothing to prevent school children from praying in private. Besides I had thought people visited God in Church not school.

The school I attended had prayers, hymns, religious education etc but that did nothing to prevent most of us from becoming godless heathens. Interestingly enough the theory of evolution was not even covered in science class.

Moves
12 Nov 05

There's absolutely nothing to prevent school children from praying in private. Besides I had thought people visited God in Church not school.

The school I attended had prayers, hymns, religious education etc but that did nothing to prevent most of us from becoming godless heathens. Interestingly enough the theory of evolution was not even covered in science class.

God does not stay in a building of stone.

That sure was in the good old days in SA. Things have changed. I hope you realise that I was refering to American schools.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Nov 05

I hope you realise that I was refering to American schools.
No, I thought Columbine was a dorp in the Free State, where Jesus was born.

Moves
12 Nov 05

No, I thought Columbine was a dorp in the Free State, where Jesus was born.
That explains a lot.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Nov 05

Coletti would agree.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
12 Nov 05

There is a difference between causing something to happen and allowing something to happen.

Read the story of Job and you'll have a pretty good idea what I mean.

So, as long as you let other people poison your beloved child, but don't do it yourself, then you are absolved of all moral responsibility for the poisoning?