God and Satan chewing the fat

God and Satan chewing the fat

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Jul 11

What do these two chat about when they meet?

Moves
13 Jul 11

Originally posted by wolfgang59
How widely misunderstood they are.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Jul 11

Originally posted by JS357
How widely misunderstood they are.
How do they meet? You name a time and place, third moon out from Jupiter? Or would it be on a dimensionless surface?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Jul 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
How do they meet? You name a time and place, third moon out from Jupiter? Or would it be on a dimensionless surface?
Dont spoil it Sonhouse! :'(
This is a serious question addressed to anyone who believes in both those characters.

Moves
13 Jul 11

Dont spoil it Sonhouse! :'(
This is a serious question addressed to anyone who believes in both those characters.
Oh. I'm out.

Cape Town

Moves
13 Jul 11

Satan: Oh my God, I wish I hadn't come for this meeting.
God: Go to hell!

D

St. Peter's

Moves
13 Jul 11

Job 1: 6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The LORD said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

j

Moves
13 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Doward
Job 1: 6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; ...[text shortened]... ery well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
Good one Doward.

And we might also add this little indication:

"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has asked to have you all to sift you as wheat. But I have made petition concerning you that your faith would not fail; and you, once you have turned again, establish your brothers." (Luke 22:31,32 RcV)

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
13 Jul 11

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; ...[text shortened]... ery well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job?

God tried to hire Satan?

j

Moves
13 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
[b]8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job?

God tried to hire Satan?[/b]
No, it was more like God was boasting about Job.

"Here's my servant Job of whom I am very happy about. Have you considered how Job disproves your slanders and glorifies God ?"

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Jul 11

Surely some mistake here!!!
Why would god ask Satan a question?

7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

God knows everything doesnt he? In particular I thought he might like to keep tabs on Satan!

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
14 Jul 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
[b]8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job?

God tried to hire Satan?[/b]
LOL!

D

St. Peter's

Moves
14 Jul 11

Surely some mistake here!!!
Why would god ask Satan a question?

7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

God knows everything doesnt he? In particular I thought he might like to keep tabs on Satan!
conversation starter I imagine. Much like when you ask someone: How are you? when you really don't care and won't listen to the answer.

j

Moves
14 Jul 11

God and Satan do not "chew the fat" together.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
14 Jul 11
1 edit

conversation starter I imagine. Much like when you ask someone: How are you? when you really don't care and won't listen to the answer.
A conversation starter!
So this omnipotent god is socially inept and needs an ice-breaker before chatting to Satan?

And of course given the number of recorded conversations between god and Satan this was surely an important occassion?