Go easy on me! I

Go easy on me! I

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
17 Feb 06
1 edit

I'm new!

I've just read through a lot of these forums, and i have only one point to make.

Whenever the NT talks about Scripture, it's not talking about the NT. When the books and letters of the NT were written, the concept of the NT was centuries away. Everytime "the Scripture" is mentioned in the NT, it's talking about the OT or the Torah.

Thought that might help someone.

s

England

Moves
17 Feb 06

who will it help!! the OT/ NT is the christian bible the jewish have there OT AND MANY MORE the bible is the coolection put together quite a few years ago by the roman catholic church who translated it into latin and so forth . SO who will it help???

W
Angler

River City

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by stoker
the jewish have there OT AND MANY MORE
their, not there

Jews do not call it the Old Testament. That term assumes Christian theology.

k

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by Wulebgr
their, not there

Jews do not call it the Old Testament. That term assumes Christian theology.
Which is why i said "or the Torah".

As for who it will help, i was talking about some people in the forums who were talking about eating Scripture and other things. They were confused. I wasn't saying that it's a revelation that's going to heal the masses.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by kiitos
Which is why i said "or the Torah".
Not "or the Torah," simply the Torah, unless you intend to privilege Christianity. In that case, as you can see from reading these forums, there are packs of wolves ready to pounce upon you.

k

Moves
17 Feb 06
1 edit

Not "or the Torah," simply the Torah, unless you intend to privilege Christianity. In that case, as you can see from reading these forums, there are packs of wolves ready to pounce upon you.
I'm sorry if you hate Christianity, but books that Jewish people call the Torah, are the same books Christians call the Old Testament. I was taking both into consideration.

::edit:: I apologize. The Torah is just the first five books. The "torah" (note the lowercase) is the word used for the entire Hebrew Scriptures.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Feb 06

there are packs of wolves ready to pounce upon you.

Whose bark nonetheless is worse than their bite. They warm up to one, eventually.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]there are packs of wolves ready to pounce upon you.

Whose bark nonetheless is worse than their bite. They warm up to one, eventually.[/b]
Certainly no blood gets shed in internet chat.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by kiitos
I'm sorry if you hate Christianity,
Where did you get that idea?

R

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by Halitose
[b]there are packs of wolves ready to pounce upon you.

Whose bark nonetheless is worse than their bite. They warm up to one, eventually.[/b]
i love you halitose

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Feb 06

Certainly no blood gets shed in internet chat.
Verbal sparring does get the blood throbbing in ones ears, but it's still a tad shy of being shed.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by Rolfey
i love you halitose
😉

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
17 Feb 06

W
Angler

River City

Moves
17 Feb 06

Originally posted by Rolfey
i love you halitose
We all do. He is a true gentleman.

k

Moves
17 Feb 06

Where did you get that idea?
I could have misunderstood. You just seemed so opposed to me calling the torah the OT. And thought i was "privileging Christianity".