1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 17:47
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You're insulted by hamsters?!
    Whatever gave you that impression?

Unless of course you are the Ghost of a hamster disguised as a Duke.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 20:30
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Whatever gave you that impression?

Unless of course you are the Ghost of a hamster disguised as a Duke.
    There really isn’t much more substance to you other than this sand is there.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 06:13
    😴
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '18 03:57
    Sooo...

Are we past eternal torture yet?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 04:20
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Sooo...

Are we past eternal torture yet?
    When you are out there talking to a non Christian about Jesus and the topic of eternal sufffering crops up, how do you manage it?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 04:26
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    When you are out there talking to a non Christian about Jesus and the topic of eternal sufffering crops up, how do you manage it?
    I've said here may times that I adhere to Annihilationism. This means I don't believe the concept of 'eternal torment'. How do you 'manage' concepts you don't believe in?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 04:34
    I've said here may times that I adhere to Annihilationism. This means I don't believe the concept of 'eternal torment'. How do you 'manage' concepts you don't believe in?
    I didn’t ask you how you manage your own thoughts, I asked how you manage with a non Christian asks you about eternal suffering. For example if they have heard it preached and read the referenced scriptures etc.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 04:36
    How do you 'manage' concepts you don't believe in?
    My approach is based on Isaiah 1:18
    “Come let us reason together, says the Lord.”
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 15:451 edit
    I didn’t ask you how you manage your own thoughts, I asked how you manage with a non Christian asks you about eternal suffering. For example if they have heard it preached and read the referenced scriptures etc.
    Most non-Christians don't believe in it, either.

Therefore, it doesn't come up. Your question seems a non-sequitur.

The only times I've ever seen it come up in conversation is as with certain people here who are looking to score political points with the topic. I do not use it as a 'gotcha' when talking about Christianity. I'd rather discuss what benefits having Jesus in our lives brings to our lives daily.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 15:521 edit
    My approach is based on Isaiah 1:18
    “Come let us reason together, says the Lord.”
    My experience is that few Christians (some Southern Baptists and Pentecostals come to mind) wield the concept like a hammer when talking about the Bible or Christianity. I also don't attend churches whose main message seems to be about "hellfire and damnation!!" I usually don't engage these people, just like I don't engage the guy on the streetcorner screaming "Repent!" at passing cars.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 16:08
    You don't manage it, it isn't up to you. You may plant, you may water, it isn't you that makes
    anything grow. If you think it is has to do with your efforts, than its you not God who is
    doing the work, and nothing you do alone is going to be of the eternal nature.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 17:02
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You don't manage it, it isn't up to you. You may plant, you may water, it isn't you that makes
    anything grow. If you think it is has to do with your efforts, than its you not God who is
    doing the work, and nothing you do alone is going to be of the eternal nature.
    So you just ignore the question like you often do in here 😵
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 17:03
    No, didn't ignore it, I said it didn't matter.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 17:101 edit
    (You don't manage it, it isn't up to you. You may plant, you may water, it isn't you that makes
    doing the work, and nothing you do alone is going to be of the eternal nature.)

You see that is it all on God not you and I, with respect to making things grow? None of
    us can come to Jesus unless the Father draws them. Unless the Lord builds the house
    those that labor do it in vain. You should stop making it about us, and focus on the Lord.

1 Corinthians 3:7
    So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.

John 6:44
    No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Psalm 127:1
    Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 17:17
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    No, didn't ignore it, I said it didn't matter.
    If you don’t manage the question and you don’t ignore it, then what do you say when the topic of eternal suffering comes up with a non Christian enquirer?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree