From the Law to Grace

From the Law to Grace

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 Dec 17

Originally posted by @sonship
And why are you reading if I am ?
Your posts are noticed but not actually read.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
12 Dec 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
It's amusing how the God haters will challenge the morality of the Bible at every turn but can't seem to offer a better alternative moral code.
You stack up wrong so deep, it is disturbing. I suspect you are mentally ill.

Moves
13 Dec 17

Originally posted by @apathist
You stack up wrong so deep, it is disturbing. I suspect you are mentally ill.
I see you yourself have nothing to offer but insults. Have you been taking notes from FMF and the gang?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Dec 17
4 edits

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Your posts are noticed but not actually read.
Oh that's ok.

Even the prophet Isiah said " WHO ... has believed our report? "

" Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of Jehovah been revealed?" (Isa. 53:1)

We are quite ahead of the game because, you see, the word of God simply will not return to Him void. For some poor readers, the word of God will simply harden them more.

Some hearers of God's word will be hardened more by hearing it.
They will never be able to say to God "I didn't hear. I didn't understand."

But even if ONE person receives some light from heaven, we Giospel announcers totally rejoice. Amen!

If I read and believed, why others can also.
So I completely rejoice to tell out the truth all the more.

Sorry, if you don't have anything worth being excited about.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Dec 17
2 edits

I see you yourself have nothing to offer but insults. Have you been taking notes from FMF and the gang?
No, and don't blame my behavior on other people.

Atheists don't believe in your god, yet you figure that means atheists hate your god. This kinda makes you blatantly stupid.

Your religion says I go to hell, and so it is you with nothing to offer but insult. Dish it but not take it, eh?

Moves
15 Dec 17

Originally posted by @apathist
No, and don't blame my behavior on other people.

Atheists don't believe in your god, yet you figure that means atheists hate your god. This kinda makes you blatantly stupid.

Your religion says I go to hell, and so it is you with nothing to offer but insult. Dish it but not take it, eh?
You seem to forget that my religion also tells you how to escape hell but since you can’t stand the idea that the universe may not revolve around you if God does in fact exist it is more convenient just to ignore the possibility.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Dec 17

You seem to forget that my religion also tells you how to escape hell but since you can’t stand the idea that the universe may not revolve around you if God does in fact exist it is more convenient just to ignore the possibility.
Do you waste your time thinking about every improbability?
How much time have you given to the thought of Leprechauns in Ireland
and how many emigrated to America?

Or do you find it more convenient just to ignore the possibility?

Moves
16 Dec 17
1 edit

Leprechauns in Ireland have no real direct impact or consequence upon my life, however the existence of God is a matter of life and death.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Dec 17

Leprechauns in Ireland have no real direct impact or consequence upon my life, however the existence of God is a matter of life and death.
But the Leprechauns in Ireland are overseers of the afterlife!
They decide whether you have an eternity of Guinness or an eternity of Irish dancing.
Doesn't the fate of your immortal soul concern you?

Moves
16 Dec 17

But the Leprechauns in Ireland are overseers of the afterlife!
They decide whether you have an eternity of Guinness or an eternity of Irish dancing.
Doesn't the fate of your immortal soul concern you?
If you have a case to make about leprechauns presenting a more compelling explanation of the afterlife than the Bible feel free to make it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 17
1 edit

This deceived man doesn't realize that goofy things are sent into the world so that man will also discount the truth of God to be just another goofy thing too.

You can take comfort in tales of Leprechauns to convince you that Jesus Christ is just another version of leprechauns.

You're the one being ripped off by deception.
Its a bitter thing to eventually realize that you have been had with deception.

That's where you're headed in your conscience soothing tactic to lampoon the Son of God. Do you think you'll have the last giggle?
I know you won't.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 17

Originally posted by @vivify
Atheists are constantly offering a better moral code: marriage equality for gays, gender equality for women, etc.
Atheists are constantly offering a better moral code: marriage equality for gays, gender equality for women, etc.

The notion of equality and human dignity are grounded in the value and worth instilled into human beings from someone.

Atheism weakens severely any basis for human dignity. Why should a human be unduly endowed with dignity more than a cock roach?

You have put all animals on the same level in your evolutionary program. Dignity with the Christian for man is bestowed upon the Source of Value God, Who made man in His own image and according to His own likeness (Genesis 1:26,27)

Atheist philosopher Peter Singer admits that there is an undue specie-ism practiced by modern man. He arbitrarily assumes himself more special than other species. He's being consistent at least as an atheist.

vivify, has to sit on God's lap in order to try to slap God's face.
He smuggles in a Christian worldview of man's dignity in order to boast of atheist morality being better than Christian morality.

Vivify, you're stealing from Christian theism to argue that Atheist morality is better. First establish some ground for human value and human dignity that equality should make a difference to begin with.

F

Moves
16 Dec 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
Atheism weakens severely any basis for human dignity. Why should a human be unduly endowed with dignity more than a cock roach?
Is it only your belief in Jesus that prevents you from looking upon all your fellow humans as being not much different from cockroaches in terms of dignity? Do you believe the non-believers here endow you with no more dignity than a cockroach?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Dec 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Is it only your belief in Jesus that prevents you from looking upon all your fellow humans as being not much different from cockroaches in terms of dignity?
I intuitively know my fellowman deserves dignity. It was put there by God. It is there whether I read the book or not.

"You need the book to treat people with dignity? Then by all means cling to your holy book."

This misses the point. The book does say to treat with dignity. But the book also reveals that intuitively this desire is implanted in me by my Creator, whether I have a relationship with God or not.

If I can't read or if I don't want that particular holy book, the implanted intuitive desire for mutual dignity is there be design.

It is in all people, East and West.
All people were created by the same dignity bestowing God.

You are simply coming up with an alternative Darwinian explanation for the intuitive sense of human value.