Freedom

Freedom

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Nov 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
'Unfounded' according to your subjective opinion, which you seem to be applying to me as if it were an objective standard. No intellectual shortcomings or self righteousness there.
Yes. My "insults" directed at both you and josephw are based on my personal perspective and my subjectivity. What else? Why on earth would you think I was "applying it to [you] as if it were an objective standard"? When have I ever made any claim that my opinions and standards are based on "an objective standard"? Good grief. It's as if you haven't read or understood any of my posts.

Moves
02 Nov 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Yes. My "insults" directed at both you and josephw are based on my personal perspective and my subjectivity. What else? Why on earth would you think I was "applying it to [you] as if it were an objective standard"? When have I ever made any claim that my opinions and standards are based on "an objective standard"? Good grief. It's as if you haven't read or understood any of my posts.
If your assessments are purely subjective, without an ounce of objectivity why should anyone think they are accurate?

F

Moves
02 Nov 17

If your assessments are purely subjective, without an ounce of objectivity why should anyone think they are accurate?
They should simply consider what I have said and make up their own minds.

Moves
02 Nov 17
2 edits

I think both you and jospehw are a couple of self-righteous, weakminded, jerks ~ quite unlike most of the Christians I have met during my life's journey. This is an assessment - an insult, if you wish to call it that - that I can make regardless of whatever capacity for empathy I might have upon my adult's palette of interpersonal skills. No part of any definit ...[text shortened]... on of "empathy" precludes one from speaking candidly and honestly when one deems it appropriate.
Indeed, you only project empathy when it suits your personal preference. You must be proud.

F

Moves
02 Nov 17

Indeed, you only project empathy when it suits your personal preference.
Yes, that's true in a sense. But them again sometimes I can feel empathy for someone who is perhaps undeserving of it; when a kind of instinctive imperative is at work. Variations in its application and depth and the actions it underpins are the kind of things that define us as individuals. When do you claim to 'project' it?

Moves
02 Nov 17

Yes, that's true in a sense. But them again sometimes I can feel empathy for someone who is perhaps undeserving of it; when a kind of instinctive imperative is at work. Variations in its application and depth and the actions it underpins are the kind of things that define us as individuals. When do you claim to 'project' it?
What kind of instinctive imperative are you talking about? Why would you have empathy upon someone who is undeserving of it? Wouldn't that be like loving an enemy, something you seemed to think was impossible?

The Bible instructs us to love our neighbours as we love our selves, whether we feel like it or not.

F

Moves
02 Nov 17

1. What kind of instinctive imperative are you talking about? 2. Why would you have empathy upon someone who is undeserving of it? 3. Wouldn't that be like loving an enemy, something you seemed to think was impossible?

4. The Bible instructs us to love our neighbours as we love our selves, whether we feel like it or not.
1. Compassion.

2. The existence of mitigating circumstances or some relationship with the person involved.

3. There are certainly enemies I don’t think I could love and I believe most Christians are talking pious nonsense when they claim they can (as was previously discussed).

4. I already know where you get (at least) some of your subjective notions and opinions about things like morality from.

F

Moves
04 Nov 17

Indeed, you only project empathy when it suits your personal preference. You must be proud.
When do you claim to 'project' empathy? All the time?

Moves
04 Nov 17

1. Compassion.

2. The existence of mitigating circumstances or some relationship with the person involved.

3. There are certainly enemies I don’t think I could love and I believe most Christians are talking pious nonsense when they claim they can (as was previously discussed).

4. I already know where you get (at least) some of your subjective notions and opinions about things like morality from.
Why would you be compassionate when it doesn’t suit you?

Moves
04 Nov 17

When do you claim to 'project' empathy? All the time?
God’s command that we should love our neighbor as we love ourselves is not optional.

F

Moves
04 Nov 17
2 edits

Why would you be compassionate when it doesn’t suit you?
I think have I answered this question i.e. 1 and 2 above What about you? Have you ever not been compassionate for any reason?

F

Moves
04 Nov 17

FMF: When do you claim to 'project' empathy? All the time?

God’s command that we should love our neighbor as we love ourselves is not optional.
So, do you claim that you 'project' empathy and love all the time? My question is about what you personally claim you do, not about "God's command".

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Nov 17

DIvegeester has a tendency using personal attacks on the posters that he disagrees with. It is strange behavior to say the least.
It's not so strange. Divegeester has consistently aligned himself with the atheists and naysayers in opposition to the Christian posters in this forum for years.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Nov 17

Originally posted by @josephw
It's not so strange. Divegeester has consistently aligned himself with the atheists and naysayers in opposition to the Christian posters in this forum for years.
I think he aligns himself with what he agrees with.
Shocking!

Besides which, when did this become "us v them"?
Do you have to make debate so adversarial?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Nov 17
3 edits

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
I think he aligns himself with what he agrees with.
Shocking!

Besides which, when did this become "us v them"?
Do you have to make debate so adversarial?
"I think he aligns himself with what he agrees with.
Shocking!"

It would be shocking if he aligned himself with the Bible and agreed with God.

"Besides which, when did this become "us v them"? "

Have you been sleeping all these years? Ever play a game of chess?

"Do you have to make debate so adversarial?"

I don't. It's forced on me. Did you read the awful thing divegeester said to dj2?