For those interested...

For those interested...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
If a person willfully abstains from accepting Christ because he feels that there is insufficient evidence to warrant such belief, is that akin to spitting in the face of Christianity? If not, does this person also deserve eternal torment? How, exactly, can one be deserving of infinite punishment anyhow? If your God exists, the he no doubt has the power ...[text shortened]... certain people for all eternity. Precisely how are those two claims compatible with each other?
If a person willfully abstains from accepting Christ because he feels that there is insufficient evidence to warrant such belief, is that akin to spitting in the face of Christianity?

No. I never said that.

Do you think that the billions that have accepted Christ throughout the ages have done so with insufficient evidence to warrant their belief?

If not, does this person also deserve eternal torment? How, exactly, can one be deserving of infinite punishment anyhow?

It is sin that separates man from God. If man dies in his sin he will be eternally separated from God. This is 'eternal torment'.

If your God exists, the he no doubt has the power to subject a person to infinite punishment; but under what conditions can such methods of punishment be considered just?

Man's rejection of God's grace.

On the one hand, you claim your God is morally perfect; on the other hand, you claim he tortures certain people for all eternity. Precisely how are those two claims compatible with each other?

You cannot divorce God's justice from his love. I would say that they are a paradox in duality. I never said that God is the one that tortures poeple. I believe it is God's absense which will form the greatest part of the 'torture'.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Oct 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
You cannot divorce God's justice from his love. I would say that they are a paradox in duality.
Hey! That sounds like something I said somewhere here before...

Moves
19 Oct 05

Originally posted by telerion
Nobody deserves eternal damnation. Meditate (or if you don't like that word, "think hard"๐Ÿ˜‰ on this for a while.
It is human nature to justify yourself and to pass the buck.

Moves
19 Oct 05

Originally posted by Halitose
Hey! That sounds like something I said somewhere here before...
I must have heard it somewhere...

It sure sounded right๐Ÿ˜‰

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
19 Oct 05

I never said that God is the one that tortures poeple.
You may not have said it, but the bible does.

"Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

"Fear Him who has the power to cast body and soul into hell."

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
19 Oct 05

It is human nature to justify yourself and to pass the buck.
That's why christianity is so popular.

h

Cosmos

Moves
19 Oct 05

I received this as an e-mail from a friend:

"Once upon a time, two brothers who lived on adjoining farms fell into conflict. It was the first serious rift in 40 years of farming side-by-side, sharing machinery and trading labor and goods as needed without a hitch.

Then the long collaboration fell apart. It began with a small misunderstanding and it ...[text shortened]... le you forwarded this to, but He'll ask why you were ashamed to pass it on to your friends..."
Pass me the sick bag.

Moves
19 Oct 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
You may not have said it, but the bible does.

"Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

"Fear Him who has the power to cast body and soul into hell."
Thanks for clearing that up.

For every choice you make there are consequences.

Moves
19 Oct 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
That's why christianity is so popular.
Actually the Bible teaches that we should humble ourselves and admit our guilt.

Moves
19 Oct 05

Originally posted by howardgee
Pass me the sick bag.
In think you need the gosspill.๐Ÿ™‚

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
19 Oct 05

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
19 Oct 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Nice story....and yes, it is a reflection of our Lord......๐Ÿ™‚
Actually, it reminds me more of David Carradine as Caine in Kung Fu...but whatever.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
19 Oct 05

Actually the Bible teaches that we should humble ourselves and admit our guilt.
We should humble ourselves before him???

What the hell for? He's the guy who screwed everything up to begin with. I've presented it to you logically. I've presented it to you mathematically. What a vile condition you are in that you blame yourself for the mistake/evil intentions of an all-powerful, all-knowing creator.

Forget it. Wipe the dust off my feet and move on. Not worth my time.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
19 Oct 05

Thanks for clearing that up.

For every choice you make there are consequences.
So you do concede that the bible claims god tortures people.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
19 Oct 05

Originally posted by telerion
Nobody deserves eternal damnation. Meditate (or if you don't like that word, "think hard"๐Ÿ˜‰ on this for a while.
Yes, I'm glad we can see eye to eye on something. ๐Ÿ™‚