1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 19:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Only just the other day you were saying that the only True Christians are those who are members of your organisation.
    Yes, I reminded him of this in another thread yesterday and was also [nose-in-the-air] "ignored".
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 00:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Only just the other day you were saying that the only True Christians are those who are members of your organisation.
    That has been discussed many times on other threads. Look them up for the answers as this thread is about a different subject.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 01:161 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    That has been discussed many times on other threads. Look them up for the answers as this thread is about a different subject.
    This thread is not about a different subject. Indeed, it is little more than a dollop of same old same old. You have asked him to "prove" he is a 'real Christian'. Everyone here knows full well that the only "proof" you will accept is if he describes himself as having the same beliefs as you and your organisation.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 01:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    This thread is not about a different subject. Indeed, it is little more than a dollop of same old same old. You have asked him to "prove" he is a 'real Christian'. Everyone here knows full well that the only "proof" you will accept is if he describes himself as having the same beliefs as you and your organisation.
    It's not about what I think as far as who God accepts as a Christian. I want him to prove he is and so far he has proved nothing other then that he would kill.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 01:531 edit
    It's not about what I think as far as who God accepts as a Christian. I want him to prove he is and so far he has proved nothing other then that he would kill.
    If it's not about what you and your organisation think, then why did you say "I would like to challenge RJH to prove to all why he thinks he is indeed a Christian because I don't think any of us fall for this extremely hypocritical stuff that comes out of his mouth"?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 02:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    If it's not about what you and your organisation think, then why did you say "I would like to challenge RJH to prove to all why he thinks he is indeed a Christian because I don't think any of us fall for this extremely hypocritical stuff that comes out of his mouth"?
    It's not that complicated at all. I simply want him to prove that he is a Christain which so far he hasn't and in reality he never will. But what the heck, I'd like to see what he says as he amazes me and gives me a laugh.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 02:23
    It's not that complicated at all. I simply want him to prove that he is a Christain which so far he hasn't and in reality he never will. But what the heck, I'd like to see what he says as he amazes me and gives me a laugh.
    And yet you've just said it's not about what you think. Speaking as a neutral, both of you could perhaps benefit from channelling your religiosity into trying to be a bit more generous of spirit, rather than your holier-than-thou vanity and partisan point scoring. Just saying.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 02:305 edits
    As a Christian I have helped others in need of assistance from time to time. I stopped and gave money to a couple who had run out of gas and money and needed to to get back to their home in another city. I have given money many times to street beggars and even went and bought fast food for a man holding a sign "Will work for Food" since I had no work for him. I routinely give money to the local "Golden Harvest Food Bank" that serve the hungry in need of food. I have visited people I knew in hospitals to try to give them support and cheer them up. When someone comes to my house to work on a hot day, I offer them a cold soda or ice water or tea to drink. I have donated my blood to the American Red Cross and the local Shepeard Community Blood Center to save lives.

I believe Yahshua (Jesus) is the promised messiah (Christ) as foretold in the Holy Bible. I believe I am a sinner in need of being saved by the Lord Jesus the Christ. I believe in one God and one Lord, the father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I believe Jesus the Christ was crucified on a cross and died to pay my sin debt and arose bodily from the grave exactly 3 days and 3 nights later and ascended up into the Paradise in Heaven. I believe He will return one day to raise all mankind from the dead and judge them for what they did while in their bodies. I believe He will throw all those judged to be evil in the lake of fire and will receive those judged to be righteous into His kingdom with everlasting life.

Are these characteristic of a Christian believer or an unbeliever?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 03:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As a Christian I have helped others in need of assistance from time to time. I stopped and gave money to a couple who had run out of gas and money and needed to to get back to their home in another city. I have given money many times to street beggars and even went and bought fast food for a man holding a sign "Will work for Food" since I had no work for h ...[text shortened]... with everlasting life.

"As a Christian I have helped others in need of assistance from time to time. I stopped and gave money to a couple who had run out of gas and money and needed to to get back to their home in another city. I have given money many times to street beggars and even went and bought fast food for a man holding a sign "Will work for Food" since I had no work for him. I routinely give money to the local "Golden Harvest Food Bank" that serve the hungry in need of food. I have visited people I knew in hospitals to try to give them support and cheer them up. When someone comes to my house to work on a hot day, I offer them a cold soda or ice water or tea to drink. I have donated my blood to the American Red Cross and the local Shepeard Community Blood Center to save lives."

Others that are not Christian or even of a religion do these things.
    So what makes you different then them?
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 03:181 edit
    "As a Christian I have helped others in need of assistance from time to time. I stopped and gave money to a couple who had run out of gas and money and needed to to get back to their home in another city. I have given money many times to street beggars and even went and bought fast food for a man holding a sign "Will work for Food" since I had no work fo Christian or even of a religion do these things.
    Dude get off the high horse already!!!!! It's not for us to judge him anyway.....Not everyone is a J-Dub is everyone who is not a J-Dub not a Christian ?

Manny
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 03:24
    Originally posted by menace71
    Dude get off the high horse already!!!!! It's not for us to judge him anyway.....Not everyone is a J-Dub is everyone who is not a J-Dub not a Christian ?

Manny
    Hi Manny, nice to see you too. 🙂
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 04:10
    "As a Christian I have helped others in need of assistance from time to time. I stopped and gave money to a couple who had run out of gas and money and needed to to get back to their home in another city. I have given money many times to street beggars and even went and bought fast food for a man holding a sign "Will work for Food" since I had no work fo ...[text shortened]... Christian or even of a religion do these things.
    It is what I said I believe that makes me different. What I believe combined with what I do shows my heart, don't you think? What makes you a Christian and can you prove it?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 05:45
    As a Christian I have helped others in need of assistance from time to time. I stopped and gave money to a couple who had run out of gas and money and needed to to get back to their home in another city. I have given money many times to street beggars and even went and bought fast food for a man holding a sign "Will work for Food" since I had no work for h ...[text shortened]... with everlasting life.

Isn't it also the case that a Christian believes that the Fall was an event in human history where humans caused themselves to have sin nature? You say you are a sinner, meaning you do sin, but do you not also have sin nature, inherited from these first human sinners? In other words Jesus paid not your overall sin debt, only your original sin debt, but the sins you actively commit are forgiven only when you repent, seek forgiveness and atone for them.

Just trying to keep up...
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 07:07
    Originally posted by JS357
    Isn't it also the case that a Christian believes that the Fall was an event in human history where humans caused themselves to have sin nature? You say you are a sinner, meaning you do sin, but do you not also have sin nature, inherited from these first human sinners? In other words Jesus paid not your overall sin debt, only your original sin debt, but the sin ...[text shortened]... orgiven only when you repent, seek forgiveness and atone for them.

Just trying to keep up...
    The apostle Paul explains it this way, "For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

(Romans 7:14-25 NKJV)

The apostle Paul continues,"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

(Romans 8:1-11 NKJV)

What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith; but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. As it is written:

“Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
    And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

Romans 9:30-33 NKJV)

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

(Romans 10:10 NKJV)

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

(1 Corinthians 2:14 NKJV)
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 15:071 edit
    It is what I said I believe that makes me different. What I believe combined with what I do shows my heart, don't you think? What makes you a Christian and can you prove it?
    So just keeping it simple and yes it is what's in ones heart. But can a Christian say do all he can in 90% of what Jesus taught and do 10% in what you personally think is ok to do even if the scriptures say differently as in serving your country and be willing to kill another Christian in another land if told to do so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree