For Agerg and atheists

For Agerg and atheists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Apr 13
3 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
[b]I have no interest in silencing anyone, so there is no stampede to cut off. I think that course of action is counter productive, we only have to look at the history of Christianity here in the UK to see an example of how trying to silence people fails. For hundreds of years the Church in this country 'silenced' those with opposing views, did it work? No. ings. I
t's not all 'self-centeredness'. We adults are usually better at that.[/b]
Christianity is not being 'silenced' and Christians are not being 'persecuted' here. Christianity is on it's death bed because people view it as an irrelevance. People don't subscribe to ancient Jewish folklore anymore, we've moved on from that.

Jaded?! What a truly presumptuous statement. You know nothing about me Suzianne, except that I don't believe in God, and he you are declaring me jaded. A trifle arrogant wouldn't you say?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, you think you know my M.O. but you are clearly quite wrong. You just seem to see red whenever you see a post by me and you go ballistic.

[b]I'm done dancing for you.

Then don't bother replying to my posts. When you claim that I am wrong but can't back it up, then you just make yourself look bad. It might damage that vanity of yours.[/b]
ummmm, yeah. do you have anything else besides "no, you are, but what am I?"

As for 'backing it up', I've already done so in this forum repeatedly. But you have no memory of that because frankly, you don't care to. Who's making themselves look bad again?

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 13

ummmm, yeah. do you have anything else besides "no, you are, but what am I?"
I don't understand the question. Could you expand on that?

As for 'backing it up', I've already done so in this forum repeatedly. But you have no memory of that because frankly, you don't care to. Who's making themselves look bad again?
Not recently you haven't. Almost all your posts in reply to mine are venomous hatred or simple claims that I am wrong without any actual argument.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Christianity is not being 'silenced' and Christians are not being 'persecuted' here. Christianity is on it's death bed because people view it as an irrelevance. People don't subscribe to ancient Jewish folklore anymore, we've moved on from that.

Jaded?! What a truly presumptuous statement. You know nothing about me Suzianne, except that I don't believe in God, and he you are declaring me jaded. A trifle arrogant wouldn't you say?

Not yet. It's coming, though. The problem is that Christians won't just 'go quietly into that good night'. The atheist movement is gaining speed, and regardless of what you believe, there is a heavy contingent of 'anti-theists' in the movement who would like nothing more than the elimination of all religion, especially Christians. I believe this will culminate in the rise of the Anti-Christ and once he declares himself to be God, he'll try to eliminate all the Christians from the planet, much like Hitler tried with the Jews. What you perceive as 'moving on', I perceive as the beginning of the end.

I wouldn't call it 'arrogant'. Most adults today ARE 'jaded'. Heck, even I am jaded to some degree. But one who speaks of 'childish wisdom' being an oxymoron seems especially so.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 13

I don't understand the question. Could you expand on that?

[b]As for 'backing it up', I've already done so in this forum repeatedly. But you have no memory of that because frankly, you don't care to. Who's making themselves look bad again?

Not recently you haven't. Almost all your posts in reply to mine are venomous hatred or simple claims that I am wrong without any actual argument.[/b]
Feigning ignorance doesn't become you. Especially once you start claiming you have proof that God doesn't exist.

Do I have to repeat myself?

"You're here to put Christians and their beliefs down. It's entertainment for you."

I think that's about all that needs to be said.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Apr 13

[b]Christianity is not being 'silenced' and Christians are not being 'persecuted' here. Christianity is on it's death bed because people view it as an irrelevance. People don't subscribe to ancient Jewish folklore anymore, we've moved on from that.

Not yet. It's coming, though. The problem is that Christians won't just 'go quietly into that good ...[text shortened]... who speaks of 'childish wisdom' being an oxymoron seems especially so.[/b]
Only time will tell whether we're 'moving on' or whether we're at the 'beginning of the end'.

Christians are going 'quietly into the night' here, church attendee numbers are at an all time low and continuing to fall. In a couple of decades there will be no one to silence and no one to eliminate. Personally I would like to see religion consigned to the footnotes of history, but I don't wish to see the elimination of Christians.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 13

Feigning ignorance doesn't become you.
I wasn't feigning ignorance, I honestly couldn't make head or tail of your sentence. I still can't.

"You're here to put Christians and their beliefs down. It's entertainment for you."

I think that's about all that needs to be said.

And you are here to put me down? Is that about right? If so, you're not doing a very good job.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 13

Only time will tell whether we're 'moving on' or whether we're at the 'beginning of the end'.

Christians are going 'quietly into the night' here, church attendee numbers are at an all time low and continuing to fall. In a couple of decades there will be no one to silence and no one to eliminate. Personally I would like to see religion consigned to the footnotes of history, but I don't wish to see the elimination of Christians.
Christianity is still the biggest religion on the planet, with over 2 billion adherents as of 2000 (the latest data I can find). It won't be going away by itself in just 'a couple of decades'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 13

And you are here to put me down? Is that about right? If so, you're not doing a very good job.
Ergo, that must not be why I'm here.

Are you done yet?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Apr 13

Christianity is still the biggest religion on the planet, with over 2 billion adherents as of 2000 (the latest data I can find). It won't be going away by itself in just 'a couple of decades'.
Notice I said 'here', as in the UK. Church numbers are falling and have been for years, and of those who regularly attend church nearly 70% are 55 years old or over.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Apr 13

Notice I said 'here', as in the UK. Church numbers are falling and have been for years, and of those who regularly attend church nearly 70% are 55 years old or over.
And pretty much the same in the US.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
And pretty much the same in the US.
I still say that rumors of its demise are, shall we say, 'premature'.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 13

Ergo, that must not be why I'm here.

Are you done yet?
So, can you also conclude that either:
1. Thats not why I'm here either.
or
2. I'm doing a much better job than you are.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 13

So, can you also conclude that either:
1. Thats not why I'm here either.
or
2. I'm doing a much better job than you are.
Nope, those arguments do not follow, by any stretch of the imagination.

Obviously you are the one who seems able to draw conclusions from thin air.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 13

Nope, those arguments do not follow, by any stretch of the imagination.

Obviously you are the one who seems able to draw conclusions from thin air.
So how did you make that conclusion about your own motives? What is the difference? Stop always claiming things are 'obvious', when it is quite clear that they are not.