Fear

Fear

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
07 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
And don't forget about the scourging. 😉
I was talking about Jesus taking a whip to people. Jesus' actions must be perfect love. Those who whipped Jesus were nit required to be exhibiting love.

Moves
07 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
*padawan
The knowledge of some is pitiful isn't it.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
07 Jan 17
1 edit

"Love" is a person. Everything exists because of God. God is love.
Ah! Now I can interpret the rest of your post. For example:

Fear is the absence of love. Fear comes in the absence of love.
Man was made to love his Love, and to be loved by Love.
Without Love there is no perfect love, which casts out fear.

And more:
1 John 4:16-19
And we have known and believed the love that Love hath to us. Love is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in Love, and Love in him.
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as love is, so are we in this world.
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
We love love, because love first loved us.

That was fun, thx.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Sometimes perfect love takes the form of whipping people with ropes.
I can't imagine what happened to you to make you think this.

A bit more psychotherapy is called for, I think. You're not quite there yet.

Sarcasm for sarcasm's sake doesn't do anything, it's empty. There always has to be a reason.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
A person is a thing. a dead thing
I wonder what kind of substance you've ingested to cause you to say something like that. Makes no sense. What's the relevance?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Spirituality has said to be as simple as the difference between love and fear.
Coming from a fearful view anger, and all other bad emotions can emanate.
Coming from love potential can become reality (or something like that)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is a false dichotomy. The fear of God can be clean and pure.

I love God. I also fear God.
The fear of God is the hatred of evil.

I love God. But there have been countless times that the fear of knowing that I could not possibly get away with some secret sin because of the FEAR of His righteousness SAVED me.

Then being SAVED by the fear of God with the empowering grace of God caused me to love God all the more.

The dichotomy you may wish to establish is not good. Rather the proper balance between the fear of the Almighty and the love of God is very, very good.

Now tell me. Would you not want someone who was scheming to break into your home and harm your family to be hesitant because of a legitimate fear of God ?

If afterwards such a one say "Dear God, Thankyou for saving me from that awful evil I was tempted to do to karoly. Lord God I do even love you the more that the fear of You kept me from this great evil"

Is that not a good thing ?

E

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by Suzianne

Sarcasm for sarcasm's sake doesn't do anything, it's empty. There always has to be a reason.
You must not read that part of the Bible, if any part at all.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Jan 17

I was talking about Jesus taking a whip to people. Jesus' actions must be perfect love. Those who whipped Jesus were nit required to be exhibiting love.
'So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.' (John 2:15).

Can you elaborate a little on your interpretation of the above.

E

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
'So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.' (John 2:15).

Can you elaborate a little on your interpretation of the above.
The Bible says he drove out the people buying and selling. This is in Matthew. How did he drive them out if not by violence?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 Jan 17

The Bible says he drove out the people buying and selling. This is in Matthew. How did he drive them out if not by violence?
Funny you mention Matthew:

'You have learned that they were told, “Love your neighbor, hate your enemy.” But
what I tell you is this: Love your enemies and pray for your persecutors; only so can
you be children of your heavenly Father, who makes his sun shine on good and bad
alike, and sends the rain on the honest and the dishonest.'

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Funny you mention Matthew:

'You have learned that they were told, “Love your neighbor, hate your enemy.” But
what I tell you is this: Love your enemies and pray for your persecutors; only so can
you be children of your heavenly Father, who makes his sun shine on good and bad
alike, and sends the rain on the honest and the dishonest.'
One of my favorite passages, brought me through some dark times.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by Suzianne

I figured he was in to BDSM. 😛

E

Moves
07 Jan 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I figured he was in to BDSM. 😛
Funny how those who are dying stick together.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Jan 17

Funny how those who are dying stick together.
I feel bad for you. Always so bleak. Go hug a puppy or something. It'll make you feel better.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Jan 17
2 edits

I wonder what kind of substance you've ingested to cause you to say something like that. Makes no sense. What's the relevance?
Relevence? to answer your question of course.

Our current scientific thinking says we are material compounds arranges into life, yet remaining lifeless in essence.
My answer was actually very Zen