Fear of Death

Fear of Death

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
If all they have is a godless life Christianity then they are no different than someone
else who believes in either a different god, or none at all. Believing in something that
you have no contact with doesn't alter one's heart, it doesn't make you different than
you were before you started this belief system. Its only different if God is in it, or
its just more of the same.
Nothing supernatural has happened to you, KellyJay.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 18

@divegeester said
Atheist: I’m not frightened of dying, it’s just the end.

Heller: it’s not the end, you will be judged by god

Atheist: but I cannot believe their is a God

Heller: well there is a God, and if you don’t believe in him he will burn you alive for eternity

Atheist: Does God hate me then?

Heller: certainly not, God loves you. He sent Jesus to die for you so you c ...[text shortened]... ler: enjoy your time in hell it is Jesus “perfect justice” for you

Atheist: goodbye crazy person.
Sin, evil, and wickedness are going to why people are cast into Hell. Salvation is
offered by grace through faith it is a gift of God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 18

@fmf said
Nothing supernatural has happened to you, KellyJay.
You say that as if you know, but your wrong.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 18

@fmf said
You don't need to hold your Christian beliefs in order to get to "Heaven"? Surely that is not what you are saying.
You need Jesus Christ, without Him nothing done or believed matters, He is the Way.

F

Moves
03 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
Sin, evil, and wickedness are going to why people are cast into Hell. Salvation is
Is this your considered response to logic portrayed in the dialogue divegeester presented?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
My post lays out the infantile nonsense you believe and why non Christians will not respond to your despotic imagining of god.

Replying with church speak waffle doesn’t address the points in my post.

F

Moves
03 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
You say that as if you know, but your wrong.
If telling people this is part of why you lack of fear of death, then good for you. I do not need the solace or the comfort that the notion of everlasting life affords you.

F

Moves
03 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
You need Jesus Christ, without Him nothing done or believed matters, He is the Way.
If this is why you don't fear death, so be it.

F

Moves
03 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
@FMF

2013 I had pneumonia didn't realize it at the time until I also caught pleurisy that
caught my attention since every time I coughed or laughed it felt like I was being
stabbed with a knife. Went early to get the pleurisy looked at, they took Xrays a
couple days back to back and saw my right lung filling up. They admitted me and
one doctor wanted to send me home w ...[text shortened]... fter that too,
but bottom line, death no fear, pain and suffering, yea would like to avoid that. 🙂
So, you don't fear death because you are going to go to "Heaven". The OP asked the question "Do we not, indeed, glimpse the meaning of life in our fear of death?" So what glimpse of the meaning of life do you get from your lack of fear of death? The meaning of life - for you - all stems from [excuse the encapsulation] worshipping the supernatural being you believe is going to accept you into "Heaven"?

F

Moves
03 Nov 18

@divegeester said
My post lays out the infantile nonsense you believe and why non Christians will not respond to your despotic imagining of god.

That dialogue you wrote being "replied" to with this: "Sin, evil, and wickedness are going to why people are cast into Hell. Salvation is offered by grace through faith it is a gift of God" is clearly ~ and literally ~ the result of cognitive dissonance.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 18

@fmf said
So, you don't fear death because you are going to go to "Heaven". The OP asked the question "Do we not, indeed, glimpse the meaning of life in our fear of death?" So what glimpse of the meaning of life do you get from your lack of fear of death? The meaning of life - for you - all stems from [excuse the encapsulation] worshipping the supernatural being you believe is going to accept you into "Heaven"?
I don't fear death because of God yes. I believe this life is temporary and as such all
the pleasures, terrors of it are also temporary. The meaning of life is found in the
creator of life, and that is God. He turns this place and all of its glory into nothing
compared to Him, and that includes how I view myself and others. Without Him
others would have to earn my good will, love, and acceptance because I'm the
sole voice, those I hate and dislike would also be purely at my whim too. With God
that is taken away, He now loves everyone and tells me too as well. So those that
do me harm, those that do good to me are on the same playing field. His love
for each of us dwarfs it all, His grace offered because He first loved us dwarfs all
our own goodness and evil. We give our lives to Him, He give us His Spirit making
us born again which is a down payment of what is to come. He sets us free from
the bondage of needing to fear death, He defeated death for us.

F

Moves
03 Nov 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
The meaning of life is found in the
creator of life, and that is God.
So the meaning of life - for you - all stems from worshipping the supernatural being ["God"] that you believe is going to give you the "gift" of everlasting life and accept you into "Heaven", right?

F

Moves
03 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
We give our lives to Him, He give us His Spirit making
us born again which is a down payment of what is to come. He sets us free from
the bondage of needing to fear death, He defeated death for us.
[God] sets us free from the bondage of needing to fear death.

If a self-identifying Christian has a fear of death, would you say he or she is not a 'real' or 'true' Christian?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 18

@divegeester said

What points have I not addressed? Church speak, what is that? Be specific if you
have a point to make vague verbiage like "church speak" are meaningless they
don't paint what it is you find distasteful.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Nov 18

@fmf said
[God] sets us free from the bondage of needing to fear death.

If a self-identifying Christian has a fear of death, would you say he or she is not a 'real' or 'true' Christian?
No