Fabians View

Fabians View

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
oh btw sorry for the other thing earlier, hammer.
No problems.

l

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
How do you know that? What's your evidence for claiming that Jesus didn't say those verses?
Hammer which side are you on? you bash me and yet.......

you help me... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Interesting. fills me with intrigue.

a

Moves
18 Oct 06

I belive hat GOD exist

But I don't belive he is Juses

I belive there is only one for GOD. I know a way to GOD and I belive it is the true one..

Are you sure from your way??

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Oct 06

Okay. I think we understand each other now.

Do you think it is possible for a religion that claims a true proposition X about G to know X (i.e. possess a justification for X)?
Yes, it is possible.

Note: If G exists, it is possible. Since I do not claim absolute truth about G existing, even if I find it extremely unlikely, then my answer can only be one.

a

Moves
18 Oct 06
1 edit

How do you know that? What's your evidence for claiming that Jesus didn't say those verses?
Can you tell me who really wrote these Verses.

And even if he said them. The dinitly don't mean he is GOD.

In the OLD statement GOD clearly declared about himself. Why didn't Juses do the same about himself.

Besides the theroy of trinity is impossible to belive. And I think it is inherted from older religons like Buddism.

l

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by ahosyney
Do you really understand what you just said.

Besiade there is no prove about it from the Bible.

Juses didn't say any of that.

Is Joseph his Father??!!!! I didn't say that, I was talking about GOD. You said they are different and they are one. Could you explain this to me.

And I gave you a text from John 17:3, it say that there is only GOD one GOD and Juses is his messanger. Just a human.
I am trying to prove that Jesus is God, OK!?!

I acknowledge that Jesus is human!

jesus is 100% man and 100% god!

Is Jesus God? Many people have dealt with this "spiritual" dispute by intellectually accepting Jesus as a great man, great teacher, or great prophet. However, Jesus and His inspired followers didn't mince words when they declared Him to be God (John 10:30-38, Matthew 16:13-17, Mark 14:61-64, John 14:6, Hebrews 1:8, Colossians 1:16, John 12:40-41 [quoting Isaiah 6:1-10]).

I am sorry for the confusion.

l

Moves
18 Oct 06

In the OLD statement GOD clearly declared about himself. Why didn't Juses do the same about himself.

Besides the theroy of trinity is impossible to belive.
Saint John the Divine wrote these verses, and he wrote them as a history of the Gospel orf Jesus Christ, inspired from God himself!

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06

😉

I just like to see people get their facts straight and present evidence when making factual assertions.

a

Moves
18 Oct 06

I am trying to prove that Jesus is God, OK!?!

I acknowledge that Jesus is human!

jesus is 100% man and 100% god!

Is Jesus God? Many people have dealt with this "spiritual" dispute by intellectually accepting Jesus as a great man, great teacher, or great prophet. However, Jesus and His inspired followers didn't mince words when they decl ...[text shortened]... Colossians 1:16, John 12:40-41 [quoting Isaiah 6:1-10]).

I am sorry for the confusion.
My friend in John 10:30-38, say that GOD called the Jewish belivers in the old statment as GODs. And because he is Jew beliver, so he is GOD the same way they are. So why you talk him only and ignore the others. And he say in 10:36 that GOD sent him not that he is GOD.

Does Juses say in Mathew 16:13-17 say that he is GOD. He said he is human, and he is the son of GOD. But Juses is not the only SON of GOD in the Bible. Actually any beliver is called a son of GOD in the bible, which mean I can say I'm a son of GOD.

I didn't have time to look at the other scripts but I read it before and I didn't find it.

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06

Besides the theroy of trinity is impossible to belive. And I think it is inherted from older religons like Buddism.

Not really. Tradition has it that St. John the Apostle wrote them but, given the most reasonable date of composition, it is more likely that it was a disciple of his.

Which still doesn't mean Jesus didn't actually say them.

And even if he said them... [doesn't] mean he is GOD.

I didn't say it did.

Besides the theroy of trinity is impossible to belive[sic].

Why is it "impossible" to believe?

And I think it is inherted from older religons like Buddism.

Unlikely. IIRC, Buddhism didn't have any gods. And, AFAIK, the Christian notion of Trinity is unique (there may be modalistic religions, though).

a

Moves
18 Oct 06

[b]Can you tell me who really wrote these Verses.

Not really. Tradition has it that St. John the Apostle wrote them but, given the most reasonable date of composition, it is more likely that it was a disciple of his.

I ...[text shortened]... K, the Christian notion of Trinity is unique (there may be modalistic religions, though).[/b]
Take a look at this link. It is translated using Google from it is original Arabic source. So it my be not clear but the meaning is still there.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Farabic.islamicweb.com%2Fchristianity%2Fchristianity_vs_hindu.htm&langpair=ar%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

It is a comprison between the trinity and an old indean religon.

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by Palynka
Yes, it is possible.

Note: If G exists, it is possible. Since I do not claim absolute truth about G existing, even if I find it extremely unlikely, then my answer can only be one.
Can one claim absolute truth about anything?

Certainly one can claim absolute truth about one's own existence, thought, will, emotions etc. (Augustine's cogito argument).

a

Moves
18 Oct 06

[b]Can you tell me who really wrote these Verses.

I ...[text shortened]... K, the Christian notion of Trinity is unique (there may be modalistic religions, though).[/b]
Why it is not impossible to belive?

Tell me the view of GOD in your mind. Is it one or three then I will discuss the details with you..

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Oct 06

Can one claim absolute truth about anything?

Certainly one can claim absolute truth about one's own existence, thought, will, emotions etc. (Augustine's cogito argument).
Yes, logical constructs for example.

I'd say all ontological truth propositions are based on evidence, so you can always find a non-zero probability of being false. Even your examples are based on evidence.

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06
1 edit

Take a look at this link. It is translated using Google from it is original Arabic source. So it my be not clear but the meaning is still there.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Farabic.islamicweb.com%2Fchristianity%2Fchristianity_vs_hindu.htm&langpair=ar%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

It is a comprison between the trinity and an old indean religon.
I have no idea where they got their information from because much of it is just plain wrong.

e.g. "Crichnh [LH: Krishn or Krishna] born of the virgin Devaki chosen by God and the father of his son"

Devaki wasn't a virgin and Krishn wasn't "God's son" -- he was an incarnation of Vishnu (a Hindu deity); i.e. he was the same person as Vishnu.

"Crichnh heart [LH:?] and died on the cross."

Krishn didn't die on the cross -- he was mortally wounded by a hunter's arrow. He never died proper - he went up to heaven straight afterward.

"The hole side Crichnh bayonet. [LH: A bayonet was driven in Krishn's side?]"

No it wasn't.

"He said the fisherman who Crichnh stone Balenbelh Crucified is fraught Sayyad you go to heaven Brakhmti dwelling gods." (Compared with "And Jesus said to one of the robbers, who with solid : right, I tell you today that you be with me in paradise." )

Krishn told a lot of people that they would go to heaven -- but not while he was dying himself.

You can read more about Krishn yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna