Exotheology

Exotheology

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Extraterrestrial means anything originating from outside of this planet.
That's what I said corn flake.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
You and your God is weird, not me and my God. You have the mentality of a 5 yr old arguing about the existence of Santa Claus.
Obviously you've lost the thread.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
I think most people when they have a different opinion they say ... somthing like .. I dont think that interpretation is correct. Here is what I think it means ......
Practice what you preach.

But remember "a double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
That's what I said corn flake.
A man who believes that the universe is 6,000 yrs old and the creation was done in 6, 24hr periods should not be allowed to procreate, vote and walk the street without a guide. These are the real cornflakes [whatever that is]

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
A man who believes that the universe is 6,000 yrs old and the creation was done in 6, 24hr periods should not be allowed to procreate, vote and walk the street without a guide. These are the real cornflakes [whatever that is]
Hey everyone, can you imagine the heyday FMF and divegeester would have with that if any one of us had said it?

Obviously Rajk is allowed to continue posting his hate speech unabated because it facilitates there agendas.

Rajk pours on the hate.
FMF obfuscates.
And divegeester pretends he's a Bible believing Christian.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
Hey everyone, can you imagine the heyday FMF and divegeester would have with that if any one of us had said it?

Obviously Rajk is allowed to continue posting his hate speech unabated because it facilitates there agendas.

Rajk pours on the hate.
FMF obfuscates.
And divegeester pretends he's a Bible believing Christian.
I think on a scale of 1 to 10, your race hate speech is a 9 while my comment about your mental retardation in believing the universe is 6000 yrs old, and you should not be allowed to do certain things, is about a 2.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
You too kelly?

You're not reading those verses correctly if you think Jesus is saying he was an extraterrestrial.

If a being came to earth from some place else in this physical universe we would call them extraterrestrial, i.e. not from earth, but from another world in a distant galaxy.

That's not from where Jesus came.

Jesus came "from above", or heaven, which is ...[text shortened]... times in the gospels Jesus spoke of the kingdom of God and heaven.

Not from some distant galaxy.
It simply means Jesus isn't of this world, He is from above, entered into this world to be one of us.

F

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
FMF obfuscates.
I don't I do. Not at all. I think the problem with understanding my ideas and what I post lies with [1] your intellect and [2] with your proclivity to post too hastily.

bunny knight

planet Earth

Moves
28 Jan 22

@fmf said
"The term Exotheology was coined in the 1960s for the examination of theological issues as they pertain to extraterrestrial intelligence. It is primarily concerned with either conjecture about possible theological beliefs that extraterrestrials might have, or how our own theologies have been or will be influenced by evidence of and/or interaction with extraterrestrials." ~ ...[text shortened]... ing the "theological issues [that would] pertain to [or be raised by] extraterrestrial intelligence?
That's simple -- according to a friend of mine who is a solid Christian and a Bible expert, any extraterrestrial alien would be a demon, without any doubts at all.

To me that only illustrates how absolutely destructive religion can potentially become; as bad as burning innocent girls alive at a stake.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
It simply means Jesus isn't of this world, He is from above, entered into this world to be one of us.
Do you mean Jesus isn't an extraterrestrial?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jan 22

@josephw said
Do you mean Jesus isn't an extraterrestrial?
I believe Jesus to be God, the Word of God who entered humanity to redeem us and give us a means to understand God in human terms.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I believe Jesus to be God, the Word of God who entered humanity to redeem us and give us a means to understand God in human terms.
I was only joking.

I know you know who Jesus is kelly.

I believe that "heaven" exists outside the material universe. Strictly speaking, extraterrestrials, by definition, come from within the material universe.

Therefore I consider it moronic for anyone to suggest that Jesus is an extraterrestrial. It just ain't biblical.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't I do. Not at all. I think the problem with understanding my ideas and what I post lies with [1] your intellect and [2] with your proclivity to post too hastily.
That's true. It happens. I agree.

But, you do, at times, whether or not you're aware of it, obfuscate.

So when I say you obfuscate, I could be wrong, or I could be right. I'll admit that. 😉

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
28 Jan 22

@josephw said
If there were extraterrestrials I imagine they'd be looking at humanity and saying to themselves "what the hell is the matter with them?"
Or maybe, “we’ll come and visit them after another million years. Maybe by then they’ll have evolved into an intelligent species.”

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
28 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I honestly don’t know. I can’t make that leap.

I’m convinced they are demons and I can’t imagine them another way, not even as a thought experiment.
Well, that shows a woeful lack of imagination. If you believe demons and angels exist, it isn’t a huge leap to imagine similar beings which are neither good nor evil in any human sense, but perhaps beyond good and evil.