Evolutionists Appropriating ID?

Evolutionists Appropriating ID?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Aug 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
Nothing to do with what I believe or not,
It is entirely to do with what you believe or not. There is no real difference between our knowledge of the age of stars and our knowledge that fossils come from bones. The only difference is that you believe one and not the other. Thus you call one 'believing in fairy tales' and accept the other as fact.

if someone is making it to 'fit' some data point that is what you got.
But it seems that when you believe something then it is fact, but if you don't believe it then '... someone is making it to 'fit' some data point'. You have failed to give any other reason why you treat different claims so differently.

If you have something you cannot test and have no way of being proven wrong, it is what you got!
So how would you test whether or not a fossil came from a bone? Can you suggest a way to be proven wrong? If you cannot answer these questions then why did you refuse to describe your belief that fossils come from bones as 'believing in fairy tales'?

Most of your world views are based upon things like that, what people 'believe' happened billions of years ago and how it causes you to view things today.
So you keep saying, but are yet to substantiate it in any way. Why are you so sure that I cannot test the information I have? What would in your opinion be a valid test? It is a fact that if my beliefs are wrong, then they could be proven wrong so you are incorrect on that point.
It is my belief that the distance to various stars has been tested quite by a number of different methods and they are found to be in agreement. It is also my belief that the speed of light has been tested by a number of different methods.
It is also my belief that if the speed of light were substantially different or the distance to stars was substantially different then it would show in our observations. In other words, my claims about the distance to stars and age of stars if incorrect could be be proven wrong.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
It is entirely to do with what you believe or not. There is no real difference between our knowledge of the age of stars and our knowledge that fossils come from bones. The only difference is that you believe one and not the other. Thus you call one 'believing in fairy tales' and accept the other as fact.

[b] if someone is making it to 'fit' some data about the distance to stars and age of stars if incorrect could be be proven wrong.
Evolution was described as "a fairy tale for grownups" before KellyJay or I did.

http://whatisonthemoon.tumblr.com/post/20932380259/darwins-theory-of-evolution-is-stupid

That is what it is, like it or not.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Evolution was described as "a fairy tale for grownups" before KellyJay or I did.

http://whatisonthemoon.tumblr.com/post/20932380259/darwins-theory-of-evolution-is-stupid

That is what it is, like it or not.
Where the newest quote is from 1984 when there wasn't even a PC around? Give me a break. That's your best shot?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Where the newest quote is from 1984 when there wasn't even a PC around? Give me a break. That's your best shot?
The first successfully mass marketed personal computer was the Commodore PET introduced in January 1977. It was soon followed by the Apple II (usually referred to as the "Apple" ) in June 1977, and the TRS-80 from Radio Shack in November 1977.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
15 Aug 12

...and the TRS-80 from Radio Shack in November 1977.
My first computer! It was more like a fat keyboard than a real computer, with a cartridge slot in the side. That was where I learned my first programming language - Color BASIC. Good times. 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Aug 12

The first successfully mass marketed personal computer was the Commodore PET introduced in January 1977. It was soon followed by the Apple II (usually referred to as the "Apple" ) in June 1977, and the TRS-80 from Radio Shack in November 1977.
I said PC as in a box with room for hard drives, floppies, sound cards, video cards and such. They only came about when Microsoft and Apple made powerful enough computer operating systems for those peripherals and the mouse.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Aug 12

I said PC as in a box with room for hard drives, floppies, sound cards, video cards and such. They only came about when Microsoft and Apple made powerful enough computer operating systems for those peripherals and the mouse.
So you have your own personal definition of the personal computer? In 1982, Microsoft decided that because no one had come up with a good way to use Microsoft Word, they would create first PC-compatible mouse. Microsoft's mouse shipped in 1983, beginning Microsoft Hardware.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
15 Aug 12

The first 'personal computer' was the IBM 610 (1957). The first 'PC' was the IBM PC (1981). Whichever way you slice it, the lying, cheating idiot troll is wrong again.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Aug 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
The first 'personal computer' was the IBM 610 (1957). The first 'PC' was the IBM PC (1981). Whichever way you slice it, the lying, cheating idiot troll is wrong again.
Anyway you slice it, the PC came before 1984.

Moves
16 Aug 12

Evolution is a denial of God as the Creator of all the different kinds of life forms and that God designed them to reproduce only after their own kind.
"God as the Creator of all the different kinds of life"

Did God create each kind in seperate instances?

" God designed them to reproduce only after their own kind"
I'm not sure what you mean by the above statement?

Also, do you believe each and every verse (as written/translated) as it is expressed in the Bible?
Also, what translation do you choose to use since there are many translations out there!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 12

Originally posted by kbear1k
"God as the Creator of all the different kinds of life"

Also, do you believe each and every verse (as written/translated) as it is expressed in the Bible?
Also, what translation do you choose to use since there are many translations out there!
It seems clear from Genesis that each kind was not created at the same instant.

I mean that a canine will not reproduce a cat or a rat and we know this not only by observation but scientists have discovered DNA that supports this.

I understand that man makes mistakes in translation, so it is necessary to be aware of this possiblity when making determinations of what is actually being expressed. I also understand that there may be copyist errors of the orignal text and from text that the Biblical writers made copies of themselves and included, such as Kings and Chronicles. However, I believe those things dealing with spiritual matters were inspired by God.

I compare several translations in order to get the basic idea of what is being said from the text. If I still have doubts, I consult the original texts from which the translations in English were made along with a Lexicon of that original language to see if I can clear up any doubts I may have. I also look at what Biblical scholars have written about it. I tend to use the New King James Version and the New American Standard Bible most of the time when I quote verses from the Holy Bible.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Aug 12

Anyway you slice it, the PC came before 1984.
They were crappy computers in 84. We had one of them given to use much later, for my wife's work. It was used by a teacher and I found it still had some grade spread sheets in it. So I thought I would look through the spread sheet, it was about 15 odd years old att.

So tried scrolling down through it. It was the slowest thing I ever saw. Just scrolling down ONE line on the spread sheet took about 10 seconds with a bit of jerky video jumping down bit by bit.

After we looked at that we chucked it in the trash, wasn't worth the dynamite to blow it up.

Cape Town

Moves
16 Aug 12

They were crappy computers in 84.
And that's what people will say about the one you have now in the next 30 years.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
16 Aug 12

They were crappy computers in 84.
don't be so hard on them, a computer much earlier than that was good enough apparently to fly man to the moon and back again.

those early computers had some really efficient programming, they had to have it due to very limited resources. not like today's behemoths where any script-kiddie can program spaghetti code and let the computers awesome processing power sort it out.

it's why today, it takes dozens of megabytes to to the same thing that yesterday's computers could do with 500 kilobytes.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Aug 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
don't be so hard on them, a computer much earlier than that was good enough apparently to fly man to the moon and back again.

those early computers had some really efficient programming, they had to have it due to very limited resources. not like today's behemoths where any script-kiddie can program spaghetti code and let the computers awesome process ...[text shortened]... ns of megabytes to to the same thing that yesterday's computers could do with 500 kilobytes.
Back in the old days the programmers really had to know what they were doing to make an efficent program. Today with all the memory and programming languages that do all the hard programming for you, it is a lot easier to program a computer.