Euthanasia

Euthanasia

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Kiss Dive's butt if you want.

I am not interested.
Come on you know you want to pucker up...

T

Moves
14 Feb 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
The point is whether if there is any chance of recovery
I understood that's what you probably had in mind with "Million Dollar Baby".

I was asking your opinion on a general voluntary euthanasia where it is solely the decision of the individual, so long as they are not incapacitated or have let their wishes be known via a living will.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
No Joe, Hitler would be a bad example, and by recognised internet protocol, mention of Hitler automatically loses you the argument.

Example:

Peter. "I don't like cats."
Joe. "That sounds like something Hitler would say."
I don't think you, thinkofnothing or karoly are following the thread.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
I understood that's what you probably had in mind with "Million Dollar Baby".

I was asking your opinion on a general voluntary euthanasia where it is solely the decision of the individual, so long as they are not incapacitated or have let their wishes be known via a living will.
Absolutely the decision of the individual.

The fact that the "state" has taken over our bodies is sign that we are living in a matrix/alien - type world.
In my state suicide is illegal. Think about that for a moment

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Feb 17
1 edit

The fact that the "state" has taken over our bodies is sign that we are living in a matrix/alien - type world.
Sounds like the state is holding up the sanctity of life where you live. Is not life sacred?

The state exists to prevent morons from harming themselves or others because some people are just too stupid to know better. Maybe you'll think about that for a moment, but probably not.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by josephw
I don't think you, thinkofnothing or karoly are following the thread.
Better sir not to follow the thread, than to lose the plot.

Just saying. 😡

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Better sir not to follow the thread, than to lose the plot.

Just saying. 😡
There's a plot? πŸ˜‰

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Feb 17
1 edit

Most people don't care that much, unless it is for political or some askew ideology.
But if you or your family was affected you may well think of it quite differently.

I'll repeat :suicide is illegal in Queensland (my state). This is the height of stupidity and the failure of governments to address this problem is a sham.
This country which is more or less the best we have in the world. If you don't have a job the government will subsidize you because it can ( smalll poplation)
So no reason not to stay alive in a relatively good way.
Then why the high suicide rate? expecially amongst youth? Another example that capitalism and redneck values have a real toll in the country towns in Australia

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Feb 17
2 edits

Sounds like the state is holding up the sanctity of life where you live. Is not life sacred?

The state exists to prevent morons from harming themselves or others because some people are just too stupid to know better. Maybe you'll think about that for a moment, but probably not.
The state doesn't care about morons harming themselves (and it certainly doesn't exist to prevent self harm). They are worried about lawsuits in this over politically correct world

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Feb 17

Wow, kill yourself and you go to jail.

Moves
16 Feb 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
Wow, kill yourself and you go to jail.
Repeat offenders get the death penalty.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
Repeat offenders get the death penalty.
Just complete systematic failure. And the suicide rates are substantial.

Of course they don't mind spending 100 000's on cameras on tall bridges so "authorities" can intervene. But I rarely hear of anyone getting adequate effective counselling. They'll be cutting those camera wires soon.
Point is, like smoking weed (for example) it is fairly hard to police.

Moves
20 Feb 17

There would seem to be a reasonable case for voluntary ( or assisted suicide ) but what about the grey areas, like alzheimer's where a person is no longer capable understanding ?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne".
We should force incapacitated people to stick around? What is the moral guideline utilized here.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Feb 17

morons?
Probably more like psychologically disturbed individuals who need proper care rather than being locked up for attempting suicide