Eternal punishment

Eternal punishment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Do you think a just punishment is one that is commensurate with the violation?

Consider that Jesus only had to suffer and die once, over the course of a few days, to pay for the sins of all of humanity. Yet your doctrine holds that even one individual non-Christian must spend an eternity in torment to pay for his sins alone. Doesn't this seem ...[text shortened]... y for anybody else's sins, or at least earn them some time off from their eternal punishment?[/b]
Jesus is infinite, therefore is death gained infinite merit, which we cannot have done.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
06 Aug 09
3 edits

Originally posted by daniel58
Jesus is infinite, therefore is death gained infinite merit, which we cannot have done.
But aren't you just making it up as you go along now? What evidence or analysis leads you to the conclusion that infinite punishment was paid for by precisely one whooping, one crucifixion, one death and a three-day visit to hell?

Why doesn't your analysis apply merely to the whooping that he took? That is, describe what is flawed with this argument: Jesus is infinite, therefore his whooping gained infinite merit (and hence his death and crucifixion were superfluous).

If he hadn't been whooped so badly but merely crucified as mercifully as possible, would he not have suffered sufficiently to pay for everybody's sins?

d

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
But aren't you just making it up as you go along now? What evidence or analysis leads you to the conclusion that infinite punishment was paid for by precisely one whooping, one crucifixion, one death and a three-day visit to hell?

Why doesn't your analysis apply merely to the whooping that he took? That is, describe what is flawed with this argu ...[text shortened]... ore his whooping gained infinite merit (and hence his death and crucifixion were superfluous).
"Why doesn't your analysis apply merely to the whooping that he took?"

Because He that died, died for sin once, but now He dies no more...

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
06 Aug 09

"Why doesn't your analysis apply merely to the whooping that he took?"

Because He that died, died for sin once, but now He dies no more...
Oh, I see.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]==============================
Does the notion of being punished forever for not being christian strike anyone as odd? To me the idea says a lot more about the human mind than a loving god. This is one of the cornerstones of the christian belief systems isn't it?
======================================

What I read is that anyone whose n ...[text shortened]... Jesus as their Lord and Savior or whether they will disbelieve and reject Jesus.[/b]
Cant I reject Jesus as my saviour but still believe in him (and his message)?

d

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Cant I reject Jesus as my saviour but still believe in him (and his message)?
I guess you could but it doesn't mean you'll be saved.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Aug 09

I guess you could but it doesn't mean you'll be saved.
thats cool.I dont want to be saved anyway.

d

Moves
06 Aug 09

thats cool.I dont want to be saved anyway.
So you want to go to hell?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by buckky
Punished for are sin's ? How many among us are so horrible that we deserve eternal Damnation ?What kind of sin is so off the charts that eternity in Hell is the fitting punishment ? You know when a child goes astray, and you must punish them to correct their behavior, there are limits to the punishment. What parent would torture the child for misconduct becau ...[text shortened]... . It's savage, and barbaric ,and ahould be put on the scrap heap of poor religious doctrine.
All of us according to scripture, if you are asking who deserves it.

I don't understand why it is easy for many to accept eternal rewards
while at the same time rejecting eternal punishments. Hell is a place
to be avoided not denying that just as Heaven is supposed to be a
great place to be. Your version of who is good and bad is a little
bias don't you think since you are no different than anyone else, you
will without a doubt not see us as anything other than what you are
used to seeing not as we should be.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so jaywill, i confess with my mouth that Jesus is lord and believe in my heart that he has been raised from the dead, then i commit a murder, or a robbery whatever, am i still saved? for it appears to me to be nothing but lip service!
Would you be just going through the motions of accepting Jesus
as your Lord or accually doing it, there is a difference.
Kelly

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Aug 09

So you want to go to hell?
First of all I dont believe in Hell. It was just made up to keep people in line. Maybe purgatory, buts thats not for eternity now is it.

But , yeah sure. Send me to Hell.Lol. While there I will no doubt be spewing I didn't listen to your (and others'😉 warnings.

But seriously how can you suffer for eternity? Wouldn't you get used to it after a while? What would be your frame of reference for what pain is after say 100,000 years? Hell is such an illogical concept if you think about it. For more reasons why Hell is an illogical concept just ask

d

Moves
06 Aug 09

First of all I dont believe in Hell. It was just made up to keep people in line. Maybe purgatory, buts thats not for eternity now is it.

But , yeah sure. Send me to Hell.Lol. While there I will no doubt be spewing I didn't listen to your (and others'😉 warnings.

But seriously how can you suffer for eternity? Wouldn't you get used to it after a whil ...[text shortened]... cal concept if you think about it. For more reasons why Hell is an illogical concept just ask
Then you don't Believe God?

It's the opposite of Heaven, if you can have perfect bliss in Heaven without being bored than why can't the opposite of it be true?

Why?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Aug 09

Then you don't Believe God?

It's the opposite of Heaven, if you can have perfect bliss in Heaven without being bored than why can't the opposite of it be true?

Why?
(as for hell being the opposite if heaven, thats wrong, but lets just work with the idea and see where it leads us...)

So you are asking why I cant have perfect ...torture(or pain?) in hell for eternity?
Well my (simplistic ) answer would be this: Heaven is eternal . Hell isn't. Just like our mortal lives here on Earth are not eternal , neither is hell. Therefore it is not hell but purgatory.

d

Moves
06 Aug 09

(as for hell being the opposite if heaven, thats wrong, but lets just work with the idea and see where it leads us...)

So you are asking why I cant have perfect ...torture(or pain?) in hell for eternity?
Well my (simplistic ) answer would be this: Heaven is eternal . Hell isn't. Just like our mortal lives here on Earth are not eternal , neither is hell. Therefore it is not hell but purgatory.
It's separate, what would be the point of Heaven, if there wasn't a hell?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Aug 09

yes I belive in God, but I dont go around telling everyone, (as if my faith was deficient),I only mention it because you asked.