1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 10:42
    Does the notion of being punished forever for not being christian strike anyone as odd? To me the idea says a lot more about the human mind than a loving god. This is one of the cornerstones of the christian belief systems isn't it?
  2. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 10:58
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Does the notion of being punished forever for not being christian strike anyone as odd? To me the idea says a lot more about the human mind than a loving god. This is one of the cornerstones of the christian belief systems isn't it?
    Being a non Christian is somewhat like being a Jew in Germany during world war two. Pain and suffering lies ahead for all that don't convert to Christianity. It's beautiful religion don't you think ?
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 11:04
    Originally posted by buckky
    Being a non Christian is somewhat like being a Jew in Germany during world war two. Pain and suffering lies ahead for all that don't convert to Christianity. It's beautiful religion don't you think ?
    Scares me not to sign up.🙂
  4. England
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 13:44
    totaly wrong jesus said i am the way, latter christianty was given to followers of his teachings. all get judged at the end, and he will say when you did it to one of these you did it to me good deeds and bad recorded in the book of life, The christianity way is to be forgiven and confessing your sins before you die, but we only will know at our day of attonment/judgement
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 13:51
    People are punished for their sins, that is the reason for it, being
    forgiven is through Jesus Christ which is the recieve grace and mercy
    forever; either way, forever will come into play.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 14:379 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    People are punished for their sins, that is the reason for it
    Do you think a just punishment is one that is commensurate with the violation?

Consider that Jesus only had to suffer and die once, over the course of a few days, to pay for the sins of all of humanity. Yet your doctrine holds that even one individual non-Christian must spend an eternity in torment to pay for his sins alone. Doesn't this seem out of whack? I really struggle with the accounting here. If one lifetime of sin merits an actual eternity of punishment (that is, limitless punishment), how can Jesus have taken on the whole world's punishment over a weekend?

Further, surely there are non-Christians who have suffered more horrible deaths than Jesus did. (Examples would include those burned at the stake at the hands of Christians.) Does their suffering pay for anybody else's sins, or at least earn them some time off from their eternal punishment?
  7. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 16:23
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    People are punished for their sins, that is the reason for it, being
    forgiven is through Jesus Christ which is the recieve grace and mercy
    forever; either way, forever will come into play.
    Kelly
    Punished for are sin's ? How many among us are so horrible that we deserve eternal Damnation ?What kind of sin is so off the charts that eternity in Hell is the fitting punishment ? You know when a child goes astray, and you must punish them to correct their behavior, there are limits to the punishment. What parent would torture the child for misconduct because they felt it was the only avenue to deal with the problem of not behaving ?Punishment has bondaries, and Hell seems to cross the line of what is cruel, and unusual punishment. It's over the top in every way. It's like getting a spanking or having your head chopped off. Hell is torture pure, and simple, and it has no place in the world of spiritual thought. It's savage, and barbaric ,and ahould be put on the scrap heap of poor religious doctrine.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 16:36
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

Consider that Jesus only had to suffer and die once, over the course of a few days, to pay for the sins of all of humanity. Yet your doctrine holds that even one individual non-Christian must spend an eternity in torment to pay for his sins alone. Doesn't this seem ou ...[text shortened]... y for anybody else's sins, or at least earn them some time off from their eternal punishment?
    Rec'd. Well stated.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 16:50
    Well against what most christian religions teach about burning forever in a firey hell, that is not what the Bible teaches. That is refering to being completely destroyed in death or non existance.
    If humans are put there to suffer forever then why does Rom 6:23 say: "The wages sin pays is death?" It says nothing else but death is what we have to pay.
    Why would a loving God make us suffer forever for our mistakes?
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 17:59
    Originally posted by buckky
    not everywhere.

in some places, being a christian is like being a jew in germany during WWII.

but it is unreasonable, personally I don't think non-christians will burn in hell simply because they don't believe the same things as I do.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 19:47
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well against what most christian religions teach about burning forever in a firey hell, that is not what the Bible teaches. That is refering to being completely destroyed in death or non existance.
    If humans are put there to suffer forever then why does Rom 6:23 say: "The wages sin pays is death?" It says nothing else but death is what we have to pay.
    Why would a loving God make us suffer forever for our mistakes?
    What about the rich man and Lazarus?
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 22:493 edits
    ==============================
    ======================================

What I read is that anyone whose name was not found written in "the book of life" was cast into the lake of fire.

The book of life is also called "the Lamb's book of life". The Lamb is the Redeemer, Jesus the Son of God.

But to be thorough and careful in our Bible reading I think you should see it as a matter of one having or not having their name written in the book of life as the deciding factor.

That may be a little different from saying "Whoever is a Christian".

Having said that I would add that it is "the Lamb's [Christ's] book of life."

"And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose face earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.

And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by the things which were written in the scrolls, according to their works ...

"And if anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (See Rev. 20:12-15)

This is a scene of the final judgment of mankind. It is not the only judgment. But it is the last judgment.

The dead are judged by what is written in the scolls concerning the deeds of their lives. But they are cast into the lake of fire according to whether or not their names are recorded in the book of life.

One thing is clear to me. If you do not want your name written in the Lamb's book of life just do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

Exactly how every human beings name is written in the book of life may not be fully known to us. But probably everyone reading this post has to make a decision whether they will have Jesus as their Lord and Savior or whether they will disbelieve and reject Jesus.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

Consider that Jesus only had to suffer and die once, over the course of a few days, to pay for the sins of all of humanity. Yet your doctrine holds that even one individual non-Christian must spend an eternity in torment to pay for his sins alone. Doesn't this seem ou y for anybody else's sins, or at least earn them some time off from their eternal punishment?
    The Bible says that the eternal fire was prepared for the devil and his angels.

The human sinners who want to join the opposition party against God and Christ will share the destiny of the opposition party. You go with your leader.

"Go away from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels... And these shall go away into eternal punishment...." (See Matt. 25:41,46)

If you are taken out of Adam, out of Satan's kingdom and put in Christ you will share Christ's glorious and joyous destiny. If you refuse to repent and choose to remain in Adam and in Satan's rebellion, you will co-share Satan's miserable destiny of the eternal punisment.

You go with your leader. You share the destiny of your leader.

Here is Christ's glorious destiny that you may share if you believe into Christ, reflected in His mighty prayer for the church:

"Father, concering that which you have given Me, I desire that they also may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory, which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." (John 17:24)

So confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, and you shall be saved.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 00:161 edit
    so jaywill, i confess with my mouth that Jesus is lord and believe in my heart that he has been raised from the dead, then i commit a murder, or a robbery whatever, am i still saved? for it appears to me to be nothing but lip service!
  15. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 00:161 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The Bible says that the eternal fire was prepared for the devil and his angels.

The human sinners who want to join the opposition party against God and Christ will share the destiny of the opposition party. You go with your leader.

[b]"Go away from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels... And these shal nd believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, and you shall be saved.
    [/b]Do you think a just punishment is one that is commensurate with the violation?

Consider that Jesus only had to suffer and die once, over the course of a few days, to pay for the sins of all of humanity. Yet your doctrine holds that even one individual non-Christian must spend an eternity in torment to pay for his sins alone. Doesn't this seem out of whack? I really struggle with the accounting here. If one lifetime of sin merits an actual eternity of punishment (that is, limitless punishment), how can Jesus have taken on the whole world's punishment over a weekend?

Further, surely there are non-Christians who have suffered more horrible deaths than Jesus did. (Examples would include those burned at the stake at the hands of Christians.) Does their suffering pay for anybody else's sins, or at least earn them some time off from their eternal punishment?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree