Eternal damnation, again?

Eternal damnation, again?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Oct 17

Originally posted by @xyyz
Why do Christens always preach eternal damnation to people who question the existence of the biblical God? Because you were told something and now believe it to be true, does NOT make it a fact. It is your opinion and your belief and should not be inferred.
I've noticed science never gives ultimatums on whether to believe it or not. Physicists never tell you ...[text shortened]... ust because you have different beliefs.
This is what a Trump supporter should call 'fake news'.
I'm glad jesus didn't die by machine gun. The idea of big plastic replications of automatic weapons on display in our churches just seems disgusting. Or what if he was killed by poison? What we put over the congregation then? A vial and needle?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Oct 17
6 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
divegeester has the detail wrong; you asserted that maybe hundreds - not dozens - of people on this web site will suffer eternal torment as a result of reading my non-Christian posts. You surely remember. Twice before you pretended not to remember saying it. And twice before I showed it to you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I replied

Do you have a cut and paste quotation for that that I can examine?

What's wrong with me saying that some people on this web site may be influenced by you to suffer being lost in damnation? It certainly wasn't the first thing I ever wrote to you. You probably provoked it.

Why I asked to paste it was so I could examine it. I want to see the thread and the comments that led up to me writing that. I recall years ago writing to you like that.

Of course you fellas never want to examine the provocations which would lead to such a strong statement. Oh no. You isolate the offending post and make issue with that.

I simply said to nostalgic Dive to paste the quote of the thread so I could EXAMINE.
I want to see what Mr. Innocent FMF said that led up to me writing such a strong statement.

In the meantime, I don't think I did anything that Jesus my Lord didn't say [edited] at one time to those opposing His ministry. IE.

" But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites. For you close off the kingdom of the heavens in the face of men; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to enter." (Matt. 23:13)

Likewise I was warning you that you might be closing the door for others to enter into the kingdom of God. You are not so above such a fair warning.

" Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you go about the sea and the dry land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of Gehenna as yourself." (v.15)

The parallel may not apply in every respect. But it replies in some respects to your anti-Christ's Gospel efforts. And you are not above such a warning.

And I still would like to see what YOU wrote to me that caused me to make a heavy handed comment.

To finish off this post - likewise things have been written about me, by Divegeester.
I didn't whine about it. I took it to heart. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
i'm not above the warning of a chapter like Matthew 23.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Oct 17

Second Timothy 3:13 warns that things will only get worse with deceivers BEING themselves deceived and deceiving others. As some overcome and are drawing closer to the coming kingdom, others are getting worse and worse and worse and ... worse.

American Standard Version
But evil men and impostors shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But evil men and seducers shall grow worse and worse: erring, and driving into error.

Darby Bible Translation
But wicked men and juggling impostors shall advance in evil, leading and being led astray.

But as long as it is called "today" there is hope that some will come to repentance and salvation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist
I'm glad jesus didn't die by machine gun. The idea of big plastic replications of automatic weapons on display in our churches just seems disgusting. Or what if he was killed by poison? What we put over the congregation then? A vial and needle?
Jesus came to lay down His life for us as a sacrifice. His death foretold long before it happened as His rising from the dead.

F

Moves
14 Oct 17

Originally posted by @sonship
I simply said to nostalgic Dive to paste the quote of the thread so I could EXAMINE.
I want to see what Mr. Innocent FMF said that led up to me writing such a strong statement.
This happened twice before. You insisted you had said no such thing. Twice. The insinuation was that people were lying about you. Twice. The quote was found for you. Twice. You suggested it wasn't your fault, that you may have been provoked. Twice. You asked for the context. Twice. You were given a link to the entire thread. Twice. It turned out you'd said what you'd said and you couldn't blame the fact you'd said it on someone else, twice. You then slunk off for a while. Twice.

Why do you need to go through the whole thing a third time? Do you think I may have been personally responsible for hundreds of members of this chess web site facing being 'cast into the lake of fire' because I am not a Christian and I post on this forum and those hundreds of people have read some of my posts? Rather than commission a wild goose chase for a third time, just say whether you think hundreds of people face eternal damnation because of my posts on this message board.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Oct 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
What do you find illogical about casting away those that choose to reject God, instead of
allowing them into His Kingdom.
The whole idea of god.

We've had to revise reality a fair bit since we have discovered certain things. The shape of the Earth, the position of the Earth in space, forced conversions, witch burnings ... etc.
The bible cant be trusted. And since no other evidence for a Christian god exists, it is fair to say it was made up.
Allegorically the bible has many fine points. As a literal document it fails miserably.

I really dont think you should be so literal about biblical accounts. Especially when it comes to creation.

E

Moves
15 Oct 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
The whole idea of god.

We've had to revise reality a fair bit since we have discovered certain things. The shape of the Earth, the position of the Earth in space, forced conversions, witch burnings ... etc.
The bible cant be trusted. And since no other evidence for a Christian god exists, it is fair to say it was made up.
Allegorically the bible ...[text shortened]... nt think you should be so literal about biblical accounts. Especially when it comes to creation.
I can see you giving your own opinion.

I can't see you telling other people what to say or believe.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Oct 17

The whole idea of god.

Allegorically the bible ...[text shortened]... nt think you should be so literal about biblical accounts. Especially when it comes to creation.
God isn't an idea He is. What you accept or reject are due to your idea's. Our gaining more knowledge about anything does not change what is and isn't real. It may change our opinions nothing more.

So you think because we have a greater understanding of the universe means we can proclaim God is not real, as if one directly affects the other. Can you tell me why that would be true? It isn't like you can speak to how the universe got here. You can speak to possible reasons, possible causes, nothing more when it comes to the distant past.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Oct 17

Originally posted by @eladar
I can see you giving your own opinion.

I can't see you telling other people what to say or believe.
I dont want other people say or believe what I do.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Oct 17

God isn't an idea He is. What you accept or reject are due to your idea's. Our gaining more knowledge about anything does not change what is and isn't real. It may change our opinions nothing more.

So you think because we have a greater understanding of the universe means we can proclaim God is not real, as if one directly affects the other. Can you tel ...[text shortened]... can speak to possible reasons, possible causes, nothing more when it comes to the distant past.
Whatever I accept or reject , I will try to fit the evidence.

Some Christians do and have changed their outlook in light of new science, however the literal Earth creationists remain.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
...likewise things have been written about me, by Divegeester.
Everything I quote you on is spot on correct.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Oct 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Why do you need to go through the whole thing a third time? Do you think I may have been personally responsible for hundreds of members of this chess web site facing being 'cast into the lake of fire' because I am not a Christian and I post on this forum and those hundreds of people have read some of my posts? Rather than commission a wild goose chase for a thi ...[text shortened]... r you think hundreds of people face eternal damnation because of my posts on this message board.
The wild goose chase tactic seems to work for sonship even though when presented with his own words he blanks you out. It works for him, in his mind somehow I think.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Oct 17

Some Christians do and have changed their outlook in light of new science, however the literal Earth creationists remain.
There is no evidence that talks about how everything came into being from nothing, there
isn't anything in science that addresses that. What light of new science points to how it all
got here? Having another explanation because someone thinks they know what occurred
billions of years ago isn't exactly iron clad evidence, its more faith based since it cannot
be proven wrong. The only thing that could ever happen to it would just be another story
someone else comes up with, that too would share the limitations.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Oct 17
1 edit

I believe God created the heavens and the earth, nothing I have seen has disproven the
creation story and all the subsequent stories that followed the biblical account. The evidence
seems very strong to me.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Oct 17

Jesus came to lay down His life for us as a sacrifice. His death foretold long before it happened as His rising from the dead.
What are your standards for determining the truth of your claims?