Educate your YEC 2: evolution is GRADUAL

Educate your YEC 2: evolution is GRADUAL

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
As usual you duck the point with an irrelevant quack. The joke's on you.

Consider what he wrote at the end there. If life constantly deteriorated, reproduction would be impossible. You're essentially arguing that your existence is impossible.
I believe we will all eventually die because of the second law of thermodynamics for one reason. The reason I am here is because there is a creator and designer of all that is in the universe. That's no joke man. 😏

Cape Town

Moves
28 Nov 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe we will all eventually die because of the second law of thermodynamics for one reason. The reason I am here is because there is a creator and designer of all that is in the universe. That's no joke man. 😏
You don't understand the Second Law, and are only hanging on to it because you incorrectly believe it supports your religious beliefs. It doesn't.
The second law does not rule out the possibility that I will go on living for the next trillion trillion years. There is more than enough energy stored in the earth to support my life that long. The fact that I will die sooner has nothing whatsoever to do with the second law.

Moves
28 Nov 14
1 edit

I really wish you'd have had this conversation in the thermodynamics thread. 😕

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
You don't understand the Second Law, and are only hanging on to it because you incorrectly believe it supports your religious beliefs. It doesn't.
The second law does not rule out the possibility that I will go on living for the next trillion trillion years. There is more than enough energy stored in the earth to support my life that long. The fact that I will die sooner has nothing whatsoever to do with the second law.
I believe it does.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Nov 14

I believe it does.
But you believe it on faith, for religious reasons not because you actually understand it. You have already admitted you don't understand it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
But you believe it on faith, for religious reasons not because you actually understand it. You have already admitted you don't understand it.
It is possible that I don't understand it, but I didn't admit that I don't understand it because I believe I do understand it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Dec 14

It is possible that I don't understand it, but I didn't admit that I don't understand it because I believe I do understand it.
Going back to gobleegook again.