1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 00:06
    Matthew 24:6-8 (New International Version, ©2011)
    6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 01:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
    I was having a conversation about that this morning with the hotel cook.
  3. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 02:33
    These signs have been present since the days those words were first written. Perhaps the world will end tomorrow. Perhaps it will not. Go and do something nice for someone. There is no purpose in sitting around waiting for armageddon.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 03:13
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    These signs have been present since the days those words were first written. Perhaps the world will end tomorrow. Perhaps it will not. Go and do something nice for someone. There is no purpose in sitting around waiting for armageddon.
    Right on time. Not a second late. So predictable.

"These things have always been happening."
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 04:18
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    Very true that these have always happened. No arguement there my friend but for whatever reason or by whatever new reporting technologies that are out there now as opposed to the past, one would and should read these prophicies that were written a few thousand years ago and should see the trurh in them and have to acknowledge this was no whimsical writtings and that now as in no other time in our history on this planet that something is up and not just with earthquakes. No other time like this ever recorded in history.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 04:32
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Right on time. Not a second late. So predictable.

"These things have always been happening."
    I agree. The Bible also said ones would say those identical words.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 06:12
    Very true that these have always happened. No arguement there my friend but for whatever reason or by whatever new reporting technologies that are out there now as opposed to the past, one would and should read these prophicies that were written a few thousand years ago and should see the trurh in them and have to acknowledge this was no whimsical writti ...[text shortened]... something is up and not just with earthquakes. No other time like this ever recorded in history.
    This is not the first time these claims have been made on this forum - and I suspect by the same person. Sadly nobody ever manages to substantiate it with actual facts.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 12:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    This is not the first time these claims have been made on this forum - and I suspect by the same person. Sadly nobody ever manages to substantiate it with actual facts.
    Wow!!! It would seem if one were paying attention to world events on all the media venues daily and were aware of past world events as described in any history books, one could see things are not the same as even just a couple hundred years ago.
    Almost daily I hear people making comments on how crazy and terrible things have gotten in the world with everything from crime to natural disasters to economic issues.
    Humm...still very interesting to hear that some don't see that. Kinda like ones that will still walk out on a beach when the water suddenly reseeds to look around and wonder where it went. No clue of that obvious sign of impending doom that a tsunami will soon be upon them.
    That's why Jesus said one should use " discernment " when these things are taking place.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 12:54
    Wow!!! It would seem if one were paying attention to world events on all the media venues daily and were aware of past world events as described in any history books, one could see things are not the same as even just a couple hundred years ago.
    Its always easy to say "your not paying attention, its all there for you to see". Its a lot harder to back that up with some sort of evidence.

Almost daily I hear people making comments on how crazy and terrible things have gotten in the world with everything from crime to natural disasters to economic issues.
    And you don't think people had these exact same concerns a few hundred years ago? History books tell us otherwise. Even the Bible shows people with similar concerns. What makes you think you, and today, are so special?

Humm...still very interesting to hear that some don't see that. Kinda like ones that will still walk out on a beach when the water suddenly reseeds to look around and wonder where it went. No clue of that obvious sign of impending doom that a tsunami will soon be upon them.
    That's why Jesus said one should use " discernment " when these things are taking place.

Well if you see it, then you should have no problem proving it.
    Show me evidence (not heresay) that some of these signs you mention actually exist.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 13:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its always easy to say "your not paying attention, its all there for you to see". Its a lot harder to back that up with some sort of evidence.

[b]Almost daily I hear people making comments on how crazy and terrible things have gotten in the world with everything from crime to natural disasters to economic issues.

And you don't think people had the ...[text shortened]... it.
    Show me evidence (not heresay) that some of these signs you mention actually exist.[/b]
    Like I said, "That's why Jesus said one should use " discernment " when these things are taking place". Either you see and understand those scriptures or you don't.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 14:04
    Like I said, "That's why Jesus said one should use " discernment " when these things are taking place". Either you see and understand those scriptures or you don't.
    I am not talking about seeing scriptures - or understanding them. I am talking about earthquakes and wars, crazy terrible things and economic issues. If you claim to be capable of seeing more earthquakes, wars, crime etc than me (because of your spiritual awareness) then I think its time I used my discernment and declare you delusional.
    You desire the end of the world, so you see the signs. Oddly enough that makes you a rather nasty individual with not very much empathy for all those that will supposedly suffer as a result.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 14:08
    Come on, we've been over this numerous times. I've presented you an article in the past from the USGS who are responsible for collating all the eartquake data from around the world. There has been no significant statistical rise in eartquakes, unless you can show me otherwise your talking bumpf.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 14:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Come on, we've been over this numerous times. I've presented you an article in the past from the USGS who are responsible for collating all the eartquake data from around the world. There has been no significant statistical rise in eartquakes, unless you can show me otherwise your talking bumpf.
    Actually you are presenting a strawman argument, for the G-man has not stated that there will be a greater preponderance of seismic activity, merely that earthquakes will be part of the sign.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 15:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually you are presenting a strawman argument, for the G-man has not stated that there will be a greater preponderance of seismic activity, merely that earthquakes will be part of the sign.
    Okay. What specific part will earthquakes play as part of this phrophecy? What exactly are you looking for with regard to earthquakes?
  15. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 16:37
    Very true that these have always happened. No arguement there my friend but for whatever reason or by whatever new reporting technologies that are out there now as opposed to the past, one would and should read these prophicies that were written a few thousand years ago and should see the trurh in them and have to acknowledge this was no whimsical writti ...[text shortened]... something is up and not just with earthquakes. No other time like this ever recorded in history.
    I don't dispute that to us, living now, it might look a lot worse than it did to our ancestors. There are things we could say are warning signs and things that I would agree are warning signs. I'm concerned about this too, but I don't want to make the mistakes our parents did and their parents did, and dedicate my life to watching out for some distaster that may never come. If it does come I pray the Lord prepares me. If he does not, that is His choice and I will live by it.

The Lord said he would come like a thief in the night. That no man would know when He was coming. I believe that He doesn't want us to dwell on whether our collective days are numbered. Believing that the world is about to end could cause some people to lose hope. They could lose their reason to love and persevere. Above all Jesus called us to love one another. Spreading the good news of the gospel doesn't require spreading the fearful news of armageddon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree