E does NOT equal MC Squared

E does NOT equal MC Squared

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
30 Aug 05

L

Moves
30 Aug 05

Originally posted by kingdanwa
Eistein's disgraceful past nullifies his credibility as a scientist.

"An investigation was conducted by the FBI regarding the famous physicist because of his affiliation with the Communist Party. Einstein was a member, sponsor, or affiliated with thirty-four communist fronts between 1937 and 1954. He also served as honorary chairman for three communist organizations."
--http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/einstein.htm
not sure why this is in the spirituality forum. also not sure if you have a brain or not.

L

Moves
30 Aug 05

Inconsistent? I don't think so. I'm pointing out that his moral character (or rather, a lack thereof) clearly discredits all of his "scientific" achievements.
again, not sure about the existence of your brain.

k

Moves
30 Aug 05

Originally posted by sonhouse
Its pretty clear what your motives are: Einstein was Jewish,
therefore you and your skinhead buddies feel justified in
vilifying him. What your limited imagination doesn't know is some of
the nice toys you use all the time are due to the work of Einstein.
For instance, if Big Al hadn't shown the math, your nice little
GPS would refuse to work, you H ...[text shortened]... more examples of
this but you probably get glazed eyes when reading more than three
sentences.
You just proved my point. You have no idea what my motives are. Thank you. I will likewise refrain from attacking yours.

k

Moves
30 Aug 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
not sure why this is in the spirituality forum. also not sure if you have a brain or not.
Maybe I'm a Scientologist. Maybe I'm a Christian making a point. Maybe I'm an Atheist, and Einstein is a Spiritual as I get (relativity is a pretty spacey idea).

k

Moves
30 Aug 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Then turn your computer off and go live in a cave if all scientific advances were made by men of such terrible "moral fiber", wacko.
You speak as though science's positive contributions (personal comfort) outweigh its evils (mass murder).

k

Moves
30 Aug 05

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
30 Aug 05

Inconsistent? I don't think so. I'm pointing out that his moral character (or rather, a lack thereof) clearly discredits all of his "scientific" achievements.
There is no logical connection between Einstein's moral character and his scientific achievements. Even if you could prove all his motives were soley evil, it would not necessarily say anything about the value of his contributions to science.

L

Moves
30 Aug 05

Maybe I'm a Scientologist. Maybe I'm a Christian making a point. Maybe I'm an Atheist, and Einstein is a Spiritual as I get (relativity is a pretty spacey idea).
and maybe that initial response from Moldy Crow was all your first post deserved.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Aug 05

You speak as though science's positive contributions (personal comfort) outweigh its evils (mass murder).
Please point out to me where SCIENCE itself engaged in mass murder. The positive contributions of science are a lot more than personal comfort (although that isn't insubstantial) but extend to health, quality of life, knowledge and many other things that add to and enrich human life. If you want to play the Unabomber, build a leanto and shut off your computer; it seems the height of idiocy for someone to complain about science in general ON THE INTERNET!

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
31 Aug 05

Oh ,I get it now...Some future evil scientist makes a tachyonic brainwave generator and sends evil thoughts back into time that caused Joshua to think God told him to kill all the Canaanites.
and it's all according to Einstein's evil plan.

Thanks for clearing that up, as I've always wondered why a god that loves mankind would have done that.

k

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Please point out to me where SCIENCE itself engaged in mass murder. The positive contributions of science are a lot more than personal comfort (although that isn't insubstantial) but extend to health, quality of life, knowledge and many other things that add to and enrich human life. If you want to play the Unabomber, build a leanto and shut off your co ...[text shortened]... it seems the height of idiocy for someone to complain about science in general ON THE INTERNET!
Are you familiar with the scientists behind Hitler's actions? They were scientists, doing what scientists do best.

k

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Even if you could prove all his motives were soley evil, it would not necessarily say anything about the value of his contributions to science.
I'm not interested in contributions to science. I care about truth. Yes or no, do a man's/person's/society's/faculty's immoral actions have any bearing on the truth value of a testable idea/fact/proposition/claim?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
31 Aug 05

You are definitely a xtian. The only game played around here is chess, so drop the charade.

Question: If E=MC2 is false because it was discovered by a "communist" (that Einstein was a communist seems to have been shown to be false or at least a completely unfounded assertion), then I wonder if E=MC2 could be true if it were shown to be so by a X (X = noun for the follower of whatever philosophy or religion you endorse). If so, then once a X demonstrates the principle E=MC2, it is true. If it is a true natural law, then it must have been true before an X demonstrated it to be so. In fact, it was true long before X demonstrated it. Thus it must have been true when Einstein demonstrated it. But Einstein did this before any X. Thus Einstein's political and spiritual philosophies have no bearing on the truth of his scientific claim.

One more question: If Einstein claimed that "the only prime numbers between 20 and 30 are 23 and 29," would that also have been untrue because of his philosophical beliefs?

k

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by telerion

One more question: If Einstein claimed that "the only prime numbers between 20 and 30 are 23 and 29," would that also have been untrue because of his philosophical beliefs?
That's my very question. Does a truth claim depend in any way upon the one making the claim? You and your church members can quit bringing up christianity. I'm talking about testable claims and questionable characters.