Don't poke fun at the foibles of the church

Don't poke fun at the foibles of the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Sep 05

Originally posted by bbarr
Do you have a foot fetish?
It comes across to me that you are not at all at ease discussing these and related issues. You constantly use "humour" to avoid adressing them.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
17 Sep 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
It comes across to me that you are not at all at ease discussing these and related issues. You constantly use "humour" to avoid adressing them.
I'm fine discussing these issues with folks who are capable of reasoned discussion. I'm happy discussing these issues with Lucifer H., for instance. I just think you're too dense to bother with.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Sep 05
1 edit

I'm fine discussing these issues with folks who are capable of reasoned discussion. I'm happy discussing these issues with Lucifer H., for instance. I just think you're too dense to bother with.
You are becoming increasingly not at ease ..... and you can tell for yourself why ..... can't you Bbarr ? A degrading and insulting Ad Hominem on me cannot conceal that.

By the way, your obvious and obviously fallacious tactics of "divide and rule" will not bare any fruits whatsoever.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
17 Sep 05

RHP is a private business, a chess community. Everybody has the right to freely express his or her opinions unless it violates the ToS.

Purposely and structurally devoting a whole thread on offending a part of the RHP community is simply not done according to the ToS.

Maybe you should join other organisations where such obvious bigotry is bon ton.
Just hold on there. If a christian posts on hell-fire and damnation specifying how atheists such as myself are immoral and heading for the flames then I find this offensive. If they specify that my children, brought up outside the church, are candidates for hell then I find this offensive. However, I truly believe in toleration, sadly the toleration I extend to others is not returned.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Sep 05
1 edit

Sorry, empty post.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Sep 05

RHP is a private business, a chess community. Everybody has the right to freely express his or her opinions unless it violates the ToS.

Purposely and structurally devoting a whole thread on offending a part of the RHP community is simply not done according to the ToS.

Maybe you should join other organisations where such obvious bigotry is bon ton.
what part of RHP are child molesting priests?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
17 Sep 05
1 edit

You are becoming increasingly not at ease ..... and you can tell for yourself why ..... can't you Bbarr ? A degrading and insulting Ad Hominem on me cannot conceal that.
That wasn't an Ad Hominem, ivanhoe. An Ad Hominem is an insult masquerading as an argument. But I'm not arguing with you on this issue, I'm just insulting you.

Anyway, like I said, I'm perfectly happy talking about this issue with folks who are capable of reasoned discussion.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Sep 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
what part of RHP are child molesting priests?
Your obvious provocations and more or less veiled insults are becoming very annoying.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Sep 05

Your obvious provocations and more or less veiled insults are becoming very annoying.
good! since your the most obnoxious idiot on the site

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Sep 05

note to self* keep em veiled or get whined offa da site.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Sep 05
1 edit

That wasn't an Ad Hominem, ivanhoe. An Ad Hominem is an insult masquerading as an argument. But I'm not arguing with you on this issue, I'm just insulting you.

Anyway, like I said, I'm perfectly happy talkin about this issue with folks who are capable of reasoned discussion. I do not think you are capable of this.
Bbarr: "That wasn't an Ad Hominem, ivanhoe. An Ad Hominem is an insult masquerading as an argument. But I'm not arguing with you on this issue, I'm just insulting you."

You are insulting me in the context of a discussion in order to make it "plausible" that my stances are less acceptable. Thát, dear professional philosopher, IS an Ad Hominem.

You are using one of your unacceptable tactics to bend the definitions in such a way that you are right. You should lay off these habits of yours if you want to be taken seriously and become a professional philosopher.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
17 Sep 05

Bbarr: "That wasn't an Ad Hominem, ivanhoe. An Ad Hominem is an insult masquerading as an argument. But I'm not arguing with you on this issue, I'm just insulting you."

You are insulting me in the context of a discussion to make it "plausible" that my stances are less acceptable. Thát, dear professional philosopher, IS an Ad Hominem.

You ...[text shortened]... f these habits of yours if you want to be taken seriously and become a professional philosopher.
No, I'm insulting you because you are a jackass. You don't need any help from me making your positions look implausible.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Sep 05

No, I'm insulting you because you are a jackass. You don't need any help from me making your positions look implausible.
Just continue your discussion with LH instead of insulting me and acting contrary the ToS.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
17 Sep 05

Just continue your discussion with LH instead of insulting me and acting contrary the ToS.
O.K., thanks for stalking!

Cheers!

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
17 Sep 05

His stance is "freedom of speech" for the people he dont want silenced.