Do you, or dont you?

Do you, or dont you?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by Joe Fist
LOL. I appreciate the clarification on his last name. So I will modify my answer:

Yes I think there was a person named Jesus who existed who had some interesting ideas on how people should live, worship and treat each other.

No I don't believe or actually disbelieve that He was indeed the "Christ". Being Agnostic, I think it is beyond mankind's comprehension....

Please return my can opener once done with it.
Please return my can opener once done with it.

LOL! BTW, the name thing wasn't really directed at you; it's just that it gets used like that...

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by vistesd
[b]Please return my can opener once done with it.

LOL! BTW, the name thing wasn't really directed at you; it's just that it gets used like that...[/b]
Oh I know and I didn't take it that way. I know what you mean 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Sep 05

Yes

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
10 Sep 05

Same as usual, the guy existed, but wasn't son of god or anything special.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
10 Sep 05

Yes.

S
Bah Humbug!

C:\Drive

Moves
10 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Nicolaas
Lets keep it plain and simple.

I just wanna see how many people believe in Jesus Christ?

Only a YES or NO answer, no but this and that's please?
What is this? A debates forum or your own private census site?
Why ask people to simply answer yes or no on a debating forum! What's the point of that?

Anyway, JC, although in all likelyhood a man who did once live, he was NOT the son of god and anyone who belives he is/was, is in my opinion, suffering from self delusion or is simply unable to break the bonds of childhood brainwashing.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Sep 05

S
Bah Humbug!

C:\Drive

Moves
10 Sep 05

Originally posted by rwingett
From Monty Python's [b]Life of Brian:

Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!

Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!

Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!

Brian: Now, f*ck off!

[silence]

Man: How shall we f*ck off, O Lord?
[/b]
LOL! One of my favourite scenes in the film - probably the funniest film ever made.

I remember at the time that church leaders were outraged that someone should poke fun at their beliefs! Their indignance during a television debate with Michael Palin and John Cleese gave me another laugh.
Personally, I don't see how Monty P's portrayal of religion was any more ridiculous than their own claims. 🙂

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
10 Sep 05

yes, and if you beleive he existed but don't beleive he is Christ, then do you beleive what he taught? and if you beleive it, then you must think he is mad too! and if you only beleive some of it, why? why only some?

PD

Arizona, USA

Moves
11 Sep 05

The Universe that we find ourselves in was most definitely not constructed by a Palestinian carpenter's firstborn son.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
11 Sep 05

No. I interpret your question as asking if I believe that JC is Lord and trust in Him and all that other jollyrot.

c

Moves
11 Sep 05

Yes

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
11 Sep 05

Originally posted by genius
yes, and if you beleive he existed but don't beleive he is Christ, then do you beleive what he taught? and if you beleive it, then you must think he is mad too! and if you only beleive some of it, why? why only some?
I believe that Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr. existed and had some good ideas, but I don't think they were divine or should be worshiped.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
Only a YES or NO answer
Because those are the only 2 words you're going to know soon? I seriously think his brain is shrinking at an astounding rate.

Glory To GOD !

Jesus Is Lord !!

Moves
13 Sep 05

YES