Do you care?

Do you care?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Jul 10

By "care," I mean in the traditional sense of the word, to wit:

O.E. carian, cearian "be anxious, grieve; to feel concern or interest," from P.Gmc. *karojanan (cf. O.H.G. karon “to lament,” O.S. karon “to care&rdquo😉

If affirmative, to what is your care applied?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jul 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH

O.E. carian, cearian "be anxious, grieve; to feel concern or interest," from P.Gmc. *karojanan (cf. O.H.G. karon “to lament,” O.S. karon “to care&rdquo😉

Yes, I care about many people, places and things which include the eternal destiny of my soul as well the souls of my family

members and friends; the accelerating dialectic fueling the downward spiral of the USA; winning our 2010 NFL family pool.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
28 Jul 10

To be honest, I selfishly care about me. I care about whether or not all that I think, say, and do is worthy of the One that made me.

w

Moves
02 Aug 10

In terms of being anxious, as the good book says be anxious for NOTHING. Just leave your cares at the feet of the cross and get on with your day. You know, once the realization that God is in control and that pretty much everything is out of your control is a very liberating realization.

F

Moves
02 Aug 10

Originally posted by josephw
To be honest, I selfishly care about me. I care about whether or not all that I think, say, and do is worthy of the One that made me.
I too care about myself. I am the most important person in the Universe to me.

But in order to feel good myself, I care about others in need, in hope that they will care for me when I am in need. That's what social ineteractions is all about. Caring for eachother.

Give love and you will be loved. Give care and you will be cared. Give affection and you will be given affection.

P

weedhopper

Moves
02 Aug 10

I care about others. Some others I care a great deal about. Others, not so much. I care about my family and friends, and about the less fortunate. I care about children who are beaten by their parents and guardians, or by their fellow students; I care about old people who have the same problems of being abused by sub-standard care facilities and sometimes even their families. And I care about families trappped in horrible situations, like war between Palestinians and Israelis, or Afghans and U.S./Allies. and refugees.
All my care and empathy will not do one iota of good, however, unless it is acted on.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
03 Aug 10

In the spirit of honesty, I care about being loyal to the truth.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
04 Aug 10

I care about doing the "right" thing in any given situation. Unachievable, of course, but I keep right on trying.

I

Moves
04 Aug 10

s

England

Moves
05 Aug 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I care about doing the "right" thing in any given situation. Unachievable, of course, but I keep right on trying.
i echo that

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Aug 10
1 edit

Would you entertain the possibility that 'doing the right thing'

(in chess and in life itself) often begins with right thinking?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
08 Aug 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Would you entertain the possibility that 'doing the right thing'

(in chess and in life itself) often begins with right thinking?

Indeed I would. And in fact I would go further and suggest that right thinking is a prerequisite step in both theatres.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Aug 10

Indeed I would. And in fact I would go further and suggest that right thinking is a prerequisite step in both theatres.
Would your positive statement to some extent align with Freaky's,

"In the spirit of honesty, I care about being loyal to the truth" ?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Aug 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Would your positive statement to some extent align with Freaky's,

"In the spirit of honesty, I care about being loyal to the truth" ?

I'm sure it would and indeed I too am compelled by a similar loyalty, although I imagine contrasting motivations.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Aug 10

I'm sure it would and indeed I too am compelled by a similar loyalty, although I imagine contrasting motivations.
Do tell.