1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 12:35
    @fmf said
    I have seen a few rather mystifying things in Java in orbit of my family that involved - allegedly or perhaps even seemingly - the spirits of [relatively recently deceased ancestors] that baffled me ... there was some weirdness, which I don't intend to describe... and I don't actively believe there's any substance to the incidents, but... having said that, nor am I willing to dismiss them completely.
    There is the realm of the third dimension that is tangible, visible to our senses.

But our senses are limited to a specific range. We perceive physically what our senses reveal.

Question is, and this will probably seem "weird", is there a dimension beyond or outside of our physical perceptions?

Undoubtably. The mind is not limited in the same sense as the physical senses, but limited by its perceptions of things not tangible.

It needs to be awakened.

Kinda weird isn't that?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 12:36
    @fmf said
    I saw one on a street in central Tokyo. It had been there for years. They had to replace all parts of it because they wore out, including the discreet little electrical motor that kept it going.
    Exactly! So I win the weird belief contest, right?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 12:39
    @josephw said
    Question is, and this will probably seem "weird", is there a dimension beyond or outside of our physical perceptions?

Kinda weird isn't that?
    Does the memory of seeing my second child born ~ and the emotional effect on me that that memory has ~ lie within the dimension beyond my physical perception?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 12:40
    @josephw said
    Exactly! So I win the weird belief contest, right?
    Not yet.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 12:47
    @josephw said
    @FMF

"Do you believe in any weird things?"

I believe in perpetual motion machines. Isn't that weird?
    No. That's not weird.
    And that's coming from the most regular guy here
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 12:51
    Kinda weird isn't that?
    Some of the West Indian fielding in yesterday's 2nd T20 against England was weird but I believe it nonetheless.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 13:13
    @fmf said
    Does the memory of seeing my second child born ~ and the emotional effect on me that that memory has ~ lie within the dimension beyond my physical perception?
    Good question, if I can cypher it out within the dimension of what you mean.

This is where I launch out into the surreal, I guess.

The human body is a complicated integrated system. Memory occurs within the mind/brain - spirit/body - heart/soul complex.

In answer to your question, yes and yes. Memory occurs in both the physical structure, the tangible, and the intangible mind.

Of course I'm going to say something like that, but not necessarily because I think I know really that much about it, but because unlike you I believe we have an intangible component of our being, integrated with our physical frame in a way so complex only God understands it completely, called the spirit.

I believe, or perhaps just think, that all the things we associate with brain function are inextricably link with soul and spirit to such a degree that it's almost impossible to differentiate.

Memories of things that occur within the bounds of our physical existence are also inextricably linked to the intangible world/realms/dimensions that exist beyond our range of physical perceptions.

Surely I win the weird contest now don't I?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 13:18
    @karoly-aczel said
    No. That's not weird.
    And that's coming from the most regular guy here
    You're weirding me out man!

You think you're the "most regular guy here"?

That may be, but I'm the weirdest most regular guy here. 🤡

And nobody seems to know it!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 13:30
    Kinda weird isn't that?
    I believe about half the civilian deaths attributed to Pol Pot were actually caused by the US 7th Air Force. [Substance bit]. I once had a "vision" about it, a.k.a. a bad dream. [Spritual bit].
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 13:38
    @fmf said
    I believe about half the civilian deaths attributed to Pol Pot were actually caused by the US 7th Air Force. [Substance bit]. I once had a "vision" about it, a.k.a. a bad dream. [Spritual bit].
    Is that supposed to be weird, i.e. that you believe that half the civilian deaths attributed to Pol Pot were caused by the US 7th Air Force?

Something being weird is contingent on the veracity of its truth. The truer a thing is the less weird it becomes, but that may not always be true.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 13:53
    @josephw said
    Something being weird is contingent on the veracity of its truth.
    Something being weird is contingent upon very few people thinking it's true or acceptable or possible or likely to have happened.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 15:42
    @josephw said
    You're weirding me out man!

You think you're the "most regular guy here"?

That may be, but I'm the weirdest most regular guy here. 🤡

And nobody seems to know it!
    Hey man that's what I mean, it's weirder to parody me and basically mimick my answer.

I may be wrong about being the most regular,normal poster here, but I'm sure it isn't you.
    Accept what you are, without an inch of discrimination, to make actual progress in your (spiritual) life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree