Do Atheists refuse to answer questions?

Do Atheists refuse to answer questions?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ok look dude, ill make it simple for you,

The Genesis account relates that during the fourth creative “day,” God caused luminaries to “come to be in the expanse of the heavens.” (Ge 1:14, 19) This does not indicate the coming into existence of light (Heb., ΚΌohr) itself, since this is shown to have existed previously. (Ge 1:3) Nor does it state th ...[text shortened]... will not give you an honest answer, as far as I can discern I have never been dishonest to you.
This statement
"Thus the heavens with their celestial bodies, including the sun, existed for an undetermined period of time prior to the processes and events stated as occurring during the six creative periods described in the following verses of the first chapter of Genesis." IS NOT TRUE.

The Holy Bible clearly states,
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

(Exodus 20:11 KJV)

THAT MEANS IT WAS NOT AN UNDETERMINED AMOUNT OF TIME, BUT IT WAS ALL DONE IN ONLY SIX DAYS. THAT IS PART OF THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT WRITTEN IN STONE BY THE FINGER OF GOD.

D

Moves
19 Jun 15

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Really? The Creation story has God creating man out of the dust of the earth. Was this dust living? No? Then I guess it only takes as much faith to believe in life from non-living matter as it does to believe in a creator.

Biogenesis and Evolution are tools of God. But too many "creationists" only want to believe God is only capable of parlor tricks ...[text shortened]... hat. Empty, right? Well, hocus-pocus, and... POOF!
A man! Ta-daaa!!

Ummmm, not exactly.
If by "Evolution" you just mean what some call "Micro-Evolution" then I will not disagree with you. But if you are referring the entire "Theory of Evolution" then I strongly disagree. Man did not evolve from an ape creature, but was created directly by God in His image from the dust a.k.a. chemical elements of the earth and given life by the breath of God on the sixth day.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
I believe both happened.

Why is your God so puny that he cannot use evolution to create man, or the big bang to create the universe?
I am not putting limits on what God can do. I just believe what the Holy Bible said He did do. He did not evolve man from an ape, but made him directly from the dust (chemical elements) of the ground and breathed life into him just as the Holy Bible says He did. If you wish to say the Holy Bible is wrong, then prove it. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 15

You have stated this before and it was proven that not only do you not have a shred of scriptural evidence for your ludicrous claims but that your ideas are anti Biblical for as was pointed out at the time the idea of a creator and the idea of abiogenesis i.e life from non living matter spontaneously self generating in a pre biotic soup are mutually exclusive. I dont expect you to accept the fact or even understand it.
She said biogenesis in a later post. So she must be confused as to what God does "biogenesis" and the "abiogenesis" of the Evilutionists.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 15
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Once you understand the gospel message, you will also understand the truth of what Jesus said in the quote below:
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

{Matthew 11:29-30 NASB)
"Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

(Matthew 6:31-33 NASB)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Why do I reject god. Because religions were invented by men. ALL religions, except the ones in the past, like the Minoans, invented by women. It is like the argument about the Egyptian Pyramids, men are WAY to stupid to have ever built something as magnificent and long lasting as the pyramids. Therefore ALIENS ARE REAL and they came down with nothing better ...[text shortened]... women because they thought their dress was better than theirs. Such spiritually evolved people.
You say religions are invented by men (and you are correct if we are talking about false religion.)

So why are you coming into this forum and getting all flustered over something that is false.

Yes you are right............aliens are real and this is confirmed in the Vedas (true religion)

True religion is eternal and is not invented or speculated and fabricated like false religion is.

Because you do not know about true religion, you are therefore not qualified to comment about it.

Evolution is taught to people through the avenue of books which have been written by men.

These men only have some dusty old bones which can be interpreted dishonestly ( and they have by atheists)

Do you know there are artifacts that contradict evolution, but they have been hidden from public scrutiny. (please read Forbidden Archaeology) by M. Cremo.

Consciousness is not a product of matter...............but instead is a characteristic of the eternal spiritual soul. (the life principle)

The teaching of the Vedas(true religion) have existed before every civilization you can possibly mention.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Jun 15

He is not real to you, that does not mean that he is not real to other people, again why you think that your own perspective is the defacto standard maybe a good place to start. Its echoed here by many other atheists as well, Agers, googlefudge, twithead to name but a few. (I apologise if I have missed anyone)

Perhaps that might be a pertinent qu ...[text shortened]... should simply accept that its a perspective like any other and not that an appealing one either.
God can be proven to the honest man.

Intelligent design from the ant to the cosmos is the proof.

The dishonest atheists reject this simple and spectacular proof which is all around us in abundance.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Jun 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
If you wish to say the Holy Bible is wrong, then prove it. 😏
Prove the Harry Potter novels are not factual!!!

rc

Moves
20 Jun 15
1 edit

[b]This statement
"Thus the heavens with their celestial bodies, including the sun, existed for an undetermined period of time prior to the processes and events stated as occurring during the six creative periods described in the following verses of the first chapter of Genesis." IS NOT TRUE.

[quote]The Holy Bible clearly states,
For in six ...[text shortened]... ONLY SIX DAYS. THAT IS PART OF THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT WRITTEN IN STONE BY THE FINGER OF GOD.[/b][/b]
More nonsense, there is nothing in the entire Biblical cannon which supports the idea that the creative days were a 24 hour period and in fact Paul states thousands of years later that the early christians were still in Gods rest day, that being the seventh day refuting your ludicrous claim. Enough of your ignorance Hinds!

Moves
20 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Dasa
God can be proven to the honest man.

Intelligent design from the ant to the cosmos is the proof.

The dishonest atheists reject this simple and spectacular proof which is all around us in abundance.
Seriously dude, you need to stop calling people who disagree with you dishonest. Perhaps this is just one of the linguistical misunderstandings you spoke of, perhaps the word 'dishonesty' means something different to you?

To me, every time you say someone is dishonest you are saying they are deliberately lying, that they are not being truthful about what they believe. It's fine if you disagree with somebody and think that what they are saying is wrong, but to label such people as dishonest (liars) is really poor form and makes it very difficult to take you seriously.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 15
3 edits

More nonsense, there is nothing in the entire Biblical cannon which supports the idea that the creative days were a 24 hour period and in fact Paul states thousands of years later that the early christians were still in Gods rest day, that being the seventh day refuting your ludicrous claim. Enough of your ignorance Hinds!
You are the one with the nonsense. Anyone should know that a day made up of an evening and a morning on Earth refers to a 24 hour day. What else could it be?

God even clarified that he really meant 24 hour days, when he gave the 4th commandment to the children of Israel, by telling them to work 6 days just like He did at creation and then rest on the 7th day just as He did as a Sabbath in remembrance of the creation (Exodus 11:20).

The Jews have no trouble knowing the length of those 6 work days and how many hours they are to rest on the 7th day Sabbath. What makes you more stupid than the Jews that you can't figure it out?

You must be mistaken about what Paul said or meant, because Jesus stated that His Father was working and so was He.
But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working."

(John 5:17)

Moves
20 Jun 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
An excellent post, I must say. πŸ™‚

Moves
20 Jun 15

What makes you more stupid than the Jews that you can't figure it out?
Jews are stupid, eh? I think at least one famous carpenter jew would disagree, but hey, what do I know?

rc

Moves
20 Jun 15

You are the one with the nonsense. Anyone should know that a day made up of an evening and a morning on Earth refers to a 24 hour day. What else could it be?

God even clarified that he really meant 24 hour days, when he gave the 4th commandment to the children of Israel, by telling them to work 6 days just like He did at creation and then rest on the 7 ...[text shortened]... answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working." [/quote]
(John 5:17)
Your ignorance knows no bounds,

One twelfth of the time from sunrise to sunset. As a consequence, hours on summer days were longer than on winter days, their length varying with latitude and even, to a small extent, with the local weather (since it affects the atmosphere's index of refraction). For this reason, these hours are sometimes called temporal, seasonal, or unequal hours. Romans, Greeks and Jews of the ancient world used this definition (although Jews of the Old Testament period did not have a word for hour and did not keep time this way)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hour