Divine immunity from moral censure

Divine immunity from moral censure

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
01 Oct 07

your question is very similar to : can God create a boulder so big that not even S/He can pick it up?

Not a fair question for people of limited scope and imagination. God is without limits, and our mundane view of how the universe works does not apply to Him/Her.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
02 Oct 07

Originally posted by duecer
your question is very similar to : can God create a boulder so big that not even S/He can pick it up?

Not a fair question for people of limited scope and imagination. God is without limits, and our mundane view of how the universe works does not apply to Him/Her.
Since there is nothing that we can say that is not within the constraints of our limited scope and imagination, that leaves nothing to say. Even the word “limitlessness”, ascribed as an attribute, I suggest, has no meaning within the “grammar of our consciousness.” And that grammar is all we have to talk/think/imagine about anything. Whatever transcends it (natural or supernatural) remains ineffable mystery.