Dishonesty

Dishonesty

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
31 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Take a look at the wookpecker. How could his head evolve from another bird?
Either you are lazy, ignorant or cannot Google ... perhaps all 3?

The woodpecker argument is way old.

for the truth check out
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/woodpecker/woodpecker.html .

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
31 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Dasa
When I said "there is solid evidence" ............ I am not emphasizing the IS.

I am emphasizing the the fact that there is "solid evidence" and it happens to be empiricle.

But having said that there is solid evidence but you would have had to have travelled with the authors of Forbidden Archeology to witness their findings.
[edit:wrong context]

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Either you are lazy, ignorant or cannot Google ... perhaps all 3?

The woodpecker argument is way old.

for the truth check out
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/woodpecker/woodpecker.html .
Even if the creationist don't understand everything about the woodpecker,
these links do not explain how it evolved. The information here reminds
we of the colorblind person that the evolutionist would think hasn't evolved
enough to see color, whereas the creationist see it as a loss of information.
That is the way we would see a woodpecker that pecks on the ground for
his food. It is much easier to lose old information than to gain new
information.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
31 Aug 11

When I said "there is solid evidence" ............ I am not emphasizing the IS.

I am emphasizing the the fact that there is "solid evidence" and it happens to be empiricle.

But having said that there is solid evidence but you would have had to have travelled with the authors of Forbidden Archeology to witness their findings.
So are you telling me that you don't have any evidence you can present for the 'direct underlying intelligence' as you claimed above?!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Aug 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So are you telling me that you don't have any evidence you can present for the 'direct underlying intelligence' as you claimed above?!
All the evidence you want is there but there is a special way of getting it.

Having a thoroughly honest disposition is the first step.

Submitting to true religion is the second.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 11

Although we have points of agreement, our main point of disagreement
is on true religion. I must admit I am not familiar with the vedic writings,
but from the way you describe your true religion, it seems lacking to me.
There also seems that your way to salvation by following these teachings
is almost, if not, impossible to achieve. The idea of the endless birth and
rebirth in an attempt to attain some unclear state of mind or being is not
very appealing to me. I much prefer the Christian concept of salvation
by grace through faith and trust in Jesus the Christ and His promises.

F

Moves
04 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Although we have points of agreement, our main point of disagreement
is on true religion. I must admit I am not familiar with the vedic writings,
but from the way you describe your true religion, it seems lacking to me.
There also seems that your way to salvation by following these teachings
is almost, if not, impossible to achieve. The idea of the end ...[text shortened]... ian concept of salvation
by grace through faith and trust in Jesus the Christ and His promises.
The only thing that is "true" here - in an objective sense - is that Dasa prefers Vedic "authority" and you prefer Christian "authority". The idea of the endless birth and rebirth is not very appealing to you. The idea of eating meat is not very appealing to Dasa. Religions are all about people, and their hopes and ideas, appealing to each other and then seeking their submission.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
05 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
The only thing that is "true" here - in an objective sense - is that Dasa prefers Vedic "authority" and you prefer Christian "authority". The idea of the endless birth and rebirth is not very appealing to you. The idea of eating meat is not very appealing to Dasa. Religions are all about people, and their hopes and ideas, appealing to each other and then seeking their submission.
There is no Christian authority.

There is no Islamic authority.

There is no Judaism authority.

As regards to those religions that present fabrications and speculations there is only falsity and error..

You cannot compare Vedic authority with false authority.

Your constant combining them all together is a great mistake.

I have told you this before that false religions are but recent creations from the minds of mundane unqualified persons.

On the other hand Vedic authority is eternal and pre-dating history itself and coming from the Personality of Godhead.

Vedic authority has no connection with the pseudo authority of Islam Christianity and Judaism.

Your constant banding them all together is deliberately is dishonest.....but you already know this.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Sep 11
2 edits

There is no Christian authority.

There is no Islamic authority.

There is no Judaism authority.

As regards to those religions that present fabrications and speculations there is only falsity and error..

You cannot compare Vedic authority with false authority.

Your constant combining them all together is a great mistake.

I have told you this bef ...[text shortened]... r constant banding them all together is deliberately is dishonest.....but you already know this.
And there is no Vedic authority. That is another illusion, deluded thinking.
Thinking there is some validity in text that happens to be thousands of years old does not give it authority.

Nobody on Earth knows anything at all about spirituality, every human on Earth is in the dark about that, there is no spiritual authority, that is all wishful thinking in the minds of some people who write aphorisms by the thousands with no basis in reality.

In short, your so-called religion is just as dishonest and untrue as all the others. You have no authority to do anything more than feed your dog, much less tell others what is wrong with their own particular religious delusion. You are all, every one of you, in the exact same boat. Clueless. Deluded. All of you may feel better, feeling safely in the arms of a spirit, god, angel or whatever, giving you all a false sense of security, but it's all false security and that includes you vishavhetu.. I suppose false security gives you hope. That's all it gives. That and free food if you happen to be in the right church and are hungry.

F

Moves
05 Sep 11

Your constant banding them all together is deliberately is dishonest.....but you already know this.
Being interested in culture, anthropology, history and the human condition in general, as I am, I would say that your suggestion that I see theological traditions as all being the same is a bit wide of the mark, Dasa. But the extent to which I do band religionist creeds together, along with yours, for the purposes of spiritual discussion, is done honestly. It is constant, it is deliberate, and it is done in good faith.

As you already know, I respect your right to believe what you believe, I do not seek to change your beliefs or force mine upon you, I do not insult or abuse you as some others do, and I only question your habit of trying to turn your subjective assertions - often strewn, as they are, with raw personal insults - into alleged "universal truths".

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
05 Sep 11

I can use your same method for providing you real good evidence that Christianity is the real deal.

1. Having a thoroughly honest disposition is the first step.
2. Submitting to true religion is the second.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
05 Sep 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
And there is no Vedic authority. That is another illusion, deluded thinking.
Thinking there is some validity in text that happens to be thousands of years old does not give it authority.

Nobody on Earth knows anything at all about spirituality, every human on Earth is in the dark about that, there is no spiritual authority, that is all wishful thinking ...[text shortened]... hat's all it gives. That and free food if you happen to be in the right church and are hungry.
I also agree there is no Vedic authority......created be fools like Dasa.

There are people who know a lot about spirituality, its just that you don't know enough hence the reason why you said so. We're all in the same boat and heading into different ways, the truth about this is that eventually ONE will be proven true. I believe it's Christianity cause to me there is enough evidence in creation to proof God exists. I am not blind to see there is a bigger hand involved.

Like Dasa said the other day that nothing as it is today could exist from an explosion (big bang) as this could only bring chaos. I agree with everything Dasa is saying on science being false and "dishonest" accept about religion.

The universe is perfectly designed, none other than God alone could do this. Its just sad that you're all too blind to see this, and i'm not even getting close to start to mention the creation of the human body. Show me one perfectly created "something" from an explosion and i'll believe the big bang theory....until then, religion takes authority over science, and over us all and its not deluded thinking, it's common sense.