Discerning The Times

Discerning The Times

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
06 Oct 15

Originally posted by roigam
One more thought for your consumtion.
When their is a disaster first responders go house to house looking for possible survivors.
Adam and Eve caused a disaster in the Garden of Eden when they rebelled against Jehovah.
We go house to house worldwide looking for potential survivors.
It's a sign of the times:
(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingd ...[text shortened]... reached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Eh?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
There is no "date" as you well know. But you are claiming that you can't even stick a finger in the air and see which way the winds are blowing to be able to come up with the concept of "soon".

And while you're gathering this information about "wars", perhaps you'd like to focus on exactly how many people have died in the 20th century because of war and ...[text shortened]... well as numerous others) predicted His coming, just as John warns us of the coming of the Beast.
You are reaching and presuming about my beliefs in order to make your point here. Yes I can see what is happening in the world; what I don't ascribe to is claiming that "these are the last days" as though I know the apocalypse is just around the corner, because I don't. Simply claiming that it is does not make you a person of stronger faith than I nor more of a Bible believer than I.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Oct 15
1 edit

Another interesting sidebar:

There is a group calling themselves the E-Bible Fellowship who claim that the end of the world is tomorrow (well, today, now), October 7, 2015.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
You are reaching and presuming about my beliefs in order to make your point here. Yes I can see what is happening in the world; what I don't ascribe to is claiming that "these are the last days" as though I know the apocalypse is just around the corner, because I don't. Simply claiming that it is does not make you a person of stronger faith than I nor more of a Bible believer than I.
But the Tribulation is soon, and those who understand Revelation feel it coming. I'm not just a voice crying out in the wilderness. There is a mainstream body of thought on the "end times" and how close we are, and as I said, it is that we are "on the cusp". I'm saying that you don't ascribe to this because you have no church. I am glad that you at least feel the winds blowing cold and can perceive the season approaching. It is written that many will be fooled when it does get here, I just hope no one here can be counted among the fools. We are still decades off, judging by what we see happening around us, and it is still possible I won't live so long as to see the Beast arrive.

I heard an idea a few years back that I would like to think is true. I heard that the prayers of the elect keep pushing back the precipice, because God wishes all to come to Christ and that is why the trigger point has not yet come, in order to see more souls saved.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 15

But the Tribulation is soon, and those who understand Revelation feel it coming. I'm not just a voice crying out in the wilderness. There is a mainstream body of thought on the "end times" and how close we are, and as I said, it is that we are "on the cusp". I'm saying that you don't ascribe to this because you have no church. I am glad that you at leas ...[text shortened]... to Christ and that is why the trigger point has not yet come, in order to see more souls saved.
I've heard several sermons on the end times the US typically gets spanked big time before
it happens according to many. The only truth about the tribulation I really care about is that
this life is not going to continue on forever, that God has plans to end it and clean it up. The
times I think are near too, but even that doesn't matter, if you don't live through today and
no one is promised tomorrow, what difference would it make?

Like the old song, I wish we'd all be ready!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 15
1 edit

I'm saying that you don't ascribe to this because you have no church.
What makes you keep saying that I have no church?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 15
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
I've heard several sermons on the end times the US typically gets spanked big time before it happens according to many.
Most, if not all of the sermons you will have heard on America being in the firing line first for end time apocalyptic judgement, come from Americans. Americans typically (and stereotypical) believe America is the most important country in the world and therefore will be the first to be persecuted or judged. A bit like the JW mindset of persecution - we are the ones therefore we are persecuted...we are persecuted therefore we are the ones. Etc.

This mind-set feeds the paranoia and conspiratorial landscape and rhetoric we hear from the Charismatic and Evangelical platforms, not to mention the fringe crazies. America is a country of paranoia. It permeates all thinking to some extent, but especially politics (Obama is a Muslim traitor) and Religion (Satan is coming to get us). The religious right do the combination: Obama is Satan.

My skepticism of the American call of "the end is nigh" stems primarily from this observation, not a disregard of scripture or end time prophesy per-se.

rc

Moves
07 Oct 15

What makes you keep saying that I have no church?
well what is your church?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
well what is your church?
The dedicated body of believers in Jesus Christ whom I fellowship with.

rc

Moves
07 Oct 15
1 edit

The dedicated body of believers in Jesus Christ whom I fellowship with.
Dedicated? dedicated to what? sounds like a gathering of cardboard cut outs and social misfits.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 15

Dedicated? dedicated to what? sounds like a gathering of cardboard cut outs and social misfits.
That's rather unpleasant and personal about Christian people you have never met. Are you making this personal robbie?

rc

Moves
07 Oct 15

That's rather unpleasant and personal about Christian people you have never met. Are you making this personal robbie?
On the contrary its a valid question, what are you dedicated to.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Oct 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
I've heard several sermons on the end times the US typically gets spanked big time before
it happens according to many. The only truth about the tribulation I really care about is that
this life is not going to continue on forever, that God has plans to end it and clean it up. The
times I think are near too, but even that doesn't matter, if you don't liv ...[text shortened]... romised tomorrow, what difference would it make?

Like the old song, I wish we'd all be ready!
Amen, KJ.

rc

Moves
07 Oct 15

Amen, KJ.
I love it when divesjeester goes all furtive when questioned about his alleged church.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Oct 15

I love it when divesjeester goes all furtive when questioned about his alleged church.
I fellowship with like-minded believers of a regular basis. That and they are my church.