1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 01:24
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

My post was a single line of thought. If you knew how to read in context, you'd know that.

Yes, you're not bad at one thought at a time. Maybe superior to me at it.

The point was that your assertion that you "trust God and Christ as to their words" is false. What you really "trust" is YOUR interpretation.

No, I have ...[text shortened]... ount me worthy for You to reveal it to me. Thankyou, Father God in the name of Jesus Your Son." [/b]
    Well, it's evident that there's no point in trying to explain my post to you yet again.

If you understood Matthew 11:25-26 in the context in which it was said, you'd know that Jesus is speaking of those who understand the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. You believe in a gospel preached by those other than Jesus.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 03:04
    @proper-knob said
    We go where the evidence leads.

Now what evidence do you have that dinosaurs are not as old as we think?
    Fossil record.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 03:04
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

Humans lived with dinosaurs, is that a 'truth' for you?
    Yes
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 03:06
    @proper-knob said
    Can the same be said about you? Have you made assumptions about reality leading to conclusions that are not true?
    Yes, the same things can be said about me.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 03:07
    @proper-knob said
    No idea and no idea.

Are you not making assumptions when you claim humans lived with dinosaurs?
    Everything we say about the past we are making assumptions somethings are true and others not.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 03:14
    Researchers believe they have identified the prime driver for a startling rise in the number of people who think the Earth is flat: Google’s video-sharing site, YouTube.

Their suspicion was raised when they attended the world’s largest gatherings of Flat Earthers at the movement’s annual conference in Raleigh, North Carolina, in 2017, and then in Denver, Colorado, last year.

Interviews with 30 attendees revealed a pattern in the stories people told about how they came to be convinced that the Earth was not a large round rock spinning through space but a large flat disc doing much the same thing.

Of the 30, all but one said they had not considered the Earth to be flat two years ago but changed their minds after watching videos promoting conspiracy theories on YouTube. “The only person who didn’t say this was there with his daughter and his son-in-law and they had seen it on YouTube and told him about it,” said Asheley Landrum, who led the research at Texas Tech University.

The interviews revealed that most had been watching videos about other conspiracies, with alternative takes on 9/11, the Sandy Hook school shooting and whether Nasa really went to the moon, when YouTube offered up Flat Earth videos for them to watch next.

Some said they watched the videos only in order to debunk them but soon found themselves won over by the material.

Landrum said one of the most popular Flat Earth videos, “200 proofs Earth is not a spinning ball” appears to be effective because it offers arguments that appeal to so many mindsets, from biblical literalists and conspiracy theorists to those of a more scientific bent.

One way or another, the interviewees found themselves believers and before long were asking “where is the curve?” and “why is the horizon always at eye level?”

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/feb/17/study-blames-youtube-for-rise-in-number-of-flat-earthers
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 07:29
    @KellyJay

Try me. I’m all ears. From my perceptive at the moment I can’t help see a massive does of hypocrisy in your stance.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 07:34
    @sonship said
    Now who is willing to admit that soft tissue in dinosaur bones throws a monkey wrench into the whole paleontology dating concepts ?
    The issue of soft tissue in fossils has been solved by the person who discovered it. I suggest you do some research. It took me 5mins to find it.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 08:13
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

How come mankind has got it so spectacularly wrong for so long then? How come you are right and Einstein was wrong?
    While I tend to affirm the concept of the earth being very, very old, etc., this is a fallacious argument...

You immediately appeal to authority...

... and you ask a painfully bad question in th esense that there is a virtually endless list of things that wise men and learned men of the age had gotten wrong through the years.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 08:15
    @Philokalia

Thanks for the input. But, frankly i couldn't give a hoot what you think.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 08:46
    @philokalia said
    While I tend to affirm the concept of the earth being very, very old, etc., this is a fallacious argument...

You immediately appeal to authority...
    Oh, the irony.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 10:31
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

Try me. I’m all ears. From my perceptive at the moment I can’t help see a massive does of hypocrisy in your stance.
    Try what?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 10:33
    @proper-knob said
    I have no idea.

Now back to my question, isn’t humans living with dinosaurs an assumption on your part?
    No ideas, and yet you know some views are correct and others wrong. How do you do that with no ideas?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 10:53
    @kellyjay said
    No ideas, and yet you know some views are correct and others wrong. How do you do that with no ideas?
    This is correct, i have no idea where the universe came from. I don't know how many times you want me to say this, i don't think i can be any clearer on this issue.

If you could be so kind, could you answer the question I've asked numerous times now which for some reason you don't seem to want to answer. Isn't your belief that humans lived with dinosaurs baed on an assumption?
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 10:591 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Try what?
    It's a 4 page thread filled with one sentence responses from yourself, surely it's not that hard to follow. Let me summarise -

Me - Are you not making assumptions when you claim humans lived with dinosaurs?

You - I beginning to think you simply wouldn’t understand.

Me - Try me. I’m all ears.

You - Try what?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree