1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 11:06
    @proper-knob said
    This is correct, i have no idea where the universe came from. I don't know how many times you want me to say this, i don't think i can be any clearer on this issue.

If you could be so kind, could you answer the question I've asked numerous times now which for some reason you don't seem to want to answer. Isn't your belief that humans lived with dinosaurs baed on an assumption?
    Well that is the thing, I know what I'm saying I'm not sure about what you are?
    Sound familiar?
    You have no idea about things you are passing judgment on, isn't logical, or reasonable since in order to say something isn't true you need to have some idea of what is true. Cannot really address your questions when I don't know what you are asking for, or thinking on the topic, you seem to be hiding that.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 11:17
    @proper-knob said
    @Philokalia

Thanks for the input. But, frankly i couldn't give a hoot what you think.
    Why don't you think I can make a contribution to the discussion? I am curious.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 11:211 edit
    @philokalia said
    Interrogations are easier than conversations and debates, if you don’t offer up your side, you don’t have to defend it.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 11:29
    @philokalia said
    Of course you can. I have the flu, i woke up grouchy, please feel free to contribute.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 11:341 edit
    @KellyJay

You're having trouble understanding a one sentence question? I found that hard to believe. This is really simple Kelly. I'm not 'passing judgement' or any other such thing.

Isn't your belief that humans lived with dinosaurs based on an assumption?
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 12:21
    @kellyjay said
    Cannot really address your questions when I don't know what you are asking for, or thinking on the topic, you seem to be hiding that.
    You don't know what i'm asking? I see. Let's recap.

1. Humans living with dinosaurs. Surely that's an assumption on your part?
    2. Now back to my question, isn’t humans living with dinosaurs an assumption on your part?
    3. Are you not making assumptions when you claim humans lived with dinosaurs?
    4. Isn't your belief that humans lived with dinosaurs baed on an assumption?

I'm not sure how i could make the question any clearer.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 15:501 edit
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

You're having trouble understanding a one sentence question? I found that hard to believe. This is really simple Kelly. I'm not 'passing judgement' or any other such thing.

Isn't your belief that humans lived with dinosaurs based on an assumption?
    Assuming history and fossils are what I think yes.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 15:562 edits
    @proper-knob said
    The issue of soft tissue in fossils has been solved by the person who discovered it. I suggest you do some research. It took me 5mins to find it.
    For the benefit of those who didn't look it up...

What usually happens is that soft tissues are consumed (for example by bacteria, erosion, animal predators, etc.) before the mineralization process completely replaces them. There are, however, exceptional cases in which soft issues are preserved in environments inimical to bacteria and other degrading processes (such as wind and animal predators) long enough for mineralization (fossilization) to occur, thereby preserving the structure of soft tissues in stone (of course, the tissues themselves are not preserved). See for example, the following article:

https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/soft-tissue-dinosaur.htm
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 16:31
    @proper-knob said
    Of course you can. I have the flu, i woke up grouchy, please feel free to contribute.
    Hope you feel better
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 11:13
    @kellyjay said
    Assuming history and fossils are what I think yes.
    Right, i'm back and i'm much better thanks.

Let's walk this back. On the one hand we have you and your beliefs that humans lived with dinosaurs, which you claim is a 'truth'. On the other hand we have the scientific field of palaeontology, and other associated scientific fields, which state that the huge body of evidence tells us something completely different.

How come your assumptions have led you to the 'truth', and the countless scientists assumptions are wrong. What did you do that they didn't?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 13:08
    @moonbus said
    For the benefit of those who didn't look it up...

What usually happens is that soft tissues are consumed (for example by bacteria, erosion, animal predators, etc.) before the mineralization process completely replaces them. There are, however, exceptional cases in which soft issues are preserved in environments inimical to bacteria and other degrading processes (suc ...[text shortened]... g article:

https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/soft-tissue-dinosaur.htm
    Quite right, this is how 'petrified wood' is created, for instance.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 17:21
    @sonship
    Those truly ancient bones with 'soft tissue' inside has no DNA to analyze so it is just leftover collagen, which, while it is soft but not useful in an analysis sense. DNA can last thousands of years but so far nothing we have found lasts millions of years as far as DNA goes.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 17:50
    @philokalia said
    Why ask permission? I am interested what you think.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 18:031 edit
    @proper-knob said
    Right, i'm back and i'm much better thanks.

Let's walk this back. On the one hand we have you and your beliefs that humans lived with dinosaurs, which you claim is a 'truth'. On the other hand we have the scientific field of palaeontology, and other associated scientific fields, which state that the huge body of evidence tells us something completely different.

How ...[text shortened]... o the 'truth', and the countless scientists assumptions are wrong. What did you do that they didn't?
    Sorry I missed this I will answer this soon.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 21:27
    @KellyJay
    But you said those fossils are 60 million years old. You are saying humans were around 60 million years ago?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree