Dino's and Humans

Dino's and Humans

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 Jul 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
My nomination:

http://www.chessatwork.com/chess-player/fmf
Gosh. I didn't half walk into that one. Touché. 🙁

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Gosh. I didn't half walk into that one. Touché. 🙁
😀

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Jul 16

My nomination:

http://www.chessatwork.com/chess-player/fmf
Did you miss my question about whether you believe humans and dinosaurs coexisted?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Did you miss my question about whether you believe humans and dinosaurs coexisted?
Dodged, rather than missed.

It took him 2 months to admit he believed in God.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Jul 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Dodged, rather than missed.

It took him 2 months to admit he believed in God.
Took you 2 months to ask, don't know for sure but think they did, simply because the creature described by Job seems to be one.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Jul 16

Took you 2 months to ask, don't know for sure but think they did, simply because the creature described by Job seems to be one.
So you consider the bible to be literally true throughout?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Jul 16

So you consider the bible to be literally true throughout?
I believe Jobs description to be quite literal. No the Bible has some poetry as well.

Cape Town

Moves
23 Jul 16
1 edit

So are you not a young earth creationist? If the creature described by job is an elephant or rhino or something would that satisfy you that there is no reason to think dinosaurs and man shared the earth? I would seem to me that an unclear description shouldn't trump all scientific knowledge on the matter.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Jul 16
3 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
So are you not a young earth creationist? If the creature described by job is an elephant or rhino or something would that satisfy you that there is no reason to think dinosaurs and man shared the earth? I would seem to me that an unclear description shouldn't trump all scientific knowledge on the matter.
Sorry but an elephant or a rhino doesn't have a tail like a cedar tree. With regards to science I don't think science is neutral on the issue. People use science to promote their preconceived ideas when it comes to origins.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Jul 16

Sorry but an elephant or a rhino doesn't have a tail like a cedar tree. With regards to science I don't think science is neutral on the issue. People use science to promote their preconceived ideas when it comes to origins.
A hippo sir, not an elephant or rhino.

'The “tail” of the hippopotamus is short, naked and muscular, resembling that of the hog. The great strength of the animal may be inferred from the muscular stiffness of the tail, which bends like the branch or young stem of a cedar.'

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/job/40-17.htm

And there is a difference sir between having a tail like a cedar and having a tail that 'moveth' like a cedar.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Jul 16

Are you really comfortable disregarding the entire body of evidence gleaned from the study of palaeontology and geology in favour of a story penned by scientifically illiterate politicians a couple of thousand years ago?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Jul 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
A hippo sir, not an elephant or rhino.

'The “tail” of the hippopotamus is short, naked and muscular, resembling that of the hog. The great strength of the animal may be inferred from the muscular stiffness of the tail, which bends like the branch or young stem of a cedar.'

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/job/40-17.htm

And there is a difference sir between having a tail like a cedar and having a tail that 'moveth' like a cedar.
Older translations are also of interest:

Septuagint (Greek): He sets up/erects (estesen) his tail like a cypress.
Vulgate (Latin): He ties up/binds (constringit) his tail like a cedar.
Luther (German, 16th C): His tail stretches (streckt sich) like a cedar.
Statenvertaling (Dutch, 17th C): According to his pleasure (Als ‘t hem lust), his tail is like a cedar.
Diodati (Italian, 16th C): He raises (rizza) his tail like a cedar.

https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/could-behemoth-have-been-a-dinosaur/

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Jul 16
3 edits

Are you really comfortable disregarding the entire body of evidence gleaned from the study of palaeontology and geology in favour of a story penned by scientifically illiterate politicians a couple of thousand years ago?
Your presuppositions determine how your interpret the evidence, the evidence doesn't speak for itself. I have no problem with accepting the evidence but rather it's the bias interpretations that I don't buy into. Which evidence are you referring to and how does it discredit the Bible?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Jul 16

Your presuppositions determine how your interpret the evidence, the evidence doesn't speak for itself. I have no problem with accepting the evidence but rather it's the bias interpretations that I don't buy into. Which evidence are you referring to and how does it discredit the Bible?
If you are able to compare the scant collection of pre-scientific scripture of your particular religion with the collected data and research of the academic fields of palaeontology and geology over the last couple of hundred years and find the scripture to provide a more convincing paradigm, then I very much doubt there is anything I can say which you will find of value. I would add that I am in no way inclined to attempt to convince you to change your beliefs, I am simply curious as to how you and your ilk are able to rationally hold such given the overwhelming preponderance of evidence to the contrary.

rain

Moves
23 Jul 16
1 edit

I am simply curious as to how you and your ilk are able to rationally hold such given the overwhelming preponderance of evidence to the contrary.
Faith isn't about what's "rational". Miracles aren't "rational", they're supernatural. So to answer your question, the Christian religion requires followers to "walk by faith and not by sight".