Did God Use Evolution To Create?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I have heard Adam means the first man from the earth.
Not quite.

From Hebrew, if not 'man' then 'to be red' (as in the reddish colour of mans skin).

'Adamah' means 'earth' and 'Adamu' translates as 'to make' (Akkadian) but it's a bit of a stretch to interpret Adam as meaning the first man from earth.

Indeed, understand 'Adam' as referring to mankind rather than a single individual and you have a much more credible position.

F

Moves
12 Apr 15

Back when I was a Christian, "Yes" was more or less my answer to this question.

Moves
12 Apr 15

If Adam was evolved from apes instead of specially created from the ground, then what about Eve?
We've all explained evolution to you so many times now, that I feel justified in saying that that's a really, really stupid question, coming from you.

Not that I'm surprised or anything.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
Back when I was a Christian, "Yes" was more or less my answer to this question.
I am a Christian now and my answer is NO. Could that be a clue that you were never really a Christian and Christ never knew you? I believe so. 😏

O

Moves
12 Apr 15

I am a Christian now and my answer is NO. Could that be a clue that you were never really a Christian and Christ never knew you? I believe so. 😏
RJ, I thought christ new everything?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by OdBod
RJ, I thought christ new everything?
Haven't you read the scriptures where Christ the Lord says, I Never Knew You?
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

(Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Apr 15

Haven't you read the scriptures where Christ the Lord says, [b]I Never Knew You?
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders i ...[text shortened]... er knew you[/b]; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

(Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV)[/b]
Which just meant he wanted more converts to his sect.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Apr 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Which just meant he wanted more converts to his sect.
Since when did you become an authority on interpreting scripture?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Apr 15

Since when did you become an authority on interpreting scripture?
You really need to check your meds. I told you I was raised Lutheran and went k-8 in a Lutheran school, had the bible and catechism shoved down my throat for 8 years. Got a good education there otherwise, have to admit. They just went overboard on the religious thing. Especially the principle who was my teacher from grade 6 to 8, George T Schlickting. A pretty fair imitation of a Nazi.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Apr 15

You really need to check your meds. I told you I was raised Lutheran and went k-8 in a Lutheran school, had the bible and catechism shoved down my throat for 8 years. Got a good education there otherwise, have to admit. They just went overboard on the religious thing. Especially the principle who was my teacher from grade 6 to 8, George T Schlickting. A pretty fair imitation of a Nazi.
If they shoved it down your throat then it must have went down instead of up. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Apr 15

If they shoved it down your throat then it must have went down instead of up. 😏
I voluntarily threw it all up, all the religious garbage, at the age of 8. Been happy ever since.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Apr 15

I voluntarily threw it all up, all the religious garbage, at the age of 8. Been happy ever since.
Then, I guess you will just have to wait and see how happy your soul is in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Apr 15

Then, I guess you will just have to wait and see how happy your soul is in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
You are destined to be disappointed.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
16 Apr 15

Whereabouts in the bible is this 'lake of fire and brimstone' detailed?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Apr 15

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Whereabouts in the bible is this 'lake of fire and brimstone' detailed?
I don't believe there is any detailed description of it in the Holy Bible. However, it is mentioned in Revelation chapters 19, 20, and 21 as a Lake of Fire and Brimstone.