Defining a Christian Identity

Defining a Christian Identity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
28 Feb 14
1 edit

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Feb 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Would you seriously give credence to the Jewish holocaust deniers?

D

Moves
28 Feb 14

D

Moves
28 Feb 14
1 edit

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
28 Feb 14
1 edit

Hi Duchess,

I've been sitting on the side lines awhile - see you've been busy!

Your writing is refreshing; you have a gift with words, and are clearly an accomplished writer.

The introduction of the Israeli / Arab conflict into this discussion stirred many memories. In the '90s I was the head of a government research organisation, the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and in that capacity I had professional contact with both the Ben Gurion University of the Negev, as well as the Jordanian Royal Scientific Society. It was quite a tightrope relationship! Travelling to Tel Aviv from Amman was impossible, you had to fly via London or Paris from one to the other!

But the point I want to make was that during non-working hours, e.g. during a trip to Masada or Petra respectively, there was lots of opportunity to talk informally about their hopes and fears.

Unfortunately, I often left these discussions with a sense of futility, that there was no hope of the two sides ever seeing eye-to-eye.

Very sad.

Somebody said once that if you understand the Israeli-Palestinian situation, you are misinformed...

:'(

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Feb 14

Originally posted by CalJust
Hi Duchess,

I've been sitting on the side lines awhile - see you've been busy!

Your writing is refreshing; you have a gift with words, and are clearly an accomplished writer.

The introduction of the Israeli / Arab conflict into this discussion stirred many memories. In the '90s I was the head of a government research organisation, the Council for Sc ...[text shortened]... id once that if you understand the Israeli-Palestinian situation, you are misinformed...

:'(
Thats the best put down I have seen in many years that does not sound like one. You are a topclass diplomat.

D

Moves
28 Feb 14
2 edits

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
28 Feb 14

Hi Duchess,

Nothing that I said was meant as a put-down; I have no idea where Raj gets that from.

That bit about being misinformed could also be said about the Irish Catholic/Protestant conflict, which was thought unsolvable, but it seems they sorted it out.

A comment I got many times from the Israeli side was that they would not mind giving back occupied land for peace, because they want to live in a Jewish state - even though most Jews are totally irreligious. But that was in the 1990s.

On the other hand, I found no Palestinian who was prepared to talk about peace and coexistence - they would give their life to get the land back.

That's why I said that it makes me very said, I still have friends and colleagues on both sides, but can see no hope of ever achieving reconciliation.

In South Africa we did achieve peace, but it took a Nelson Mandela to lead us there. Where is the NM of the Middle East?

D

Moves
01 Mar 14

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by CalJust
Hi Duchess,

Nothing that I said was meant as a put-down; I have no idea where Raj gets that from.

That bit about being misinformed could also be said about the Irish Catholic/Protestant conflict, which was thought unsolvable, but it seems they sorted it out.

A comment I got many times from the Israeli side was that they would not mind giving back oc ...[text shortened]... chieve peace, but it took a Nelson Mandela to lead us there. Where is the NM of the Middle East?
See? You are a natural diplomat 🙂

D

Moves
01 Mar 14

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 14

Thats it? Im insulted. I was expecting some more analysis and more about your abilities, qualifications and experience. I guess Im not that important. 🙁

D

Moves
01 Mar 14
2 edits

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 14

You are using terms I dont know [yet]. What is a flame war and trolling? Sounds like what those fishing guys from Taiwan do with the driftnets that trap dolphins.

D

Moves
01 Mar 14