Decline?

Decline?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
My op was neither a lie or an error, just admit you don't understand what I said and let it be.
Peace
You stated "We are in times where this is going on." then refused to give a single example, but rather started hypothesizing about the future. So if I failed to understand you it must be due to your poor language skills (and thus it is your post that is in error).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by galveston75
I would think in the really big picture and the way God looks at it, 1 murder is too much. Reguardless of how many people are now on this earth even 1 murder is one too many.
So now with the thousands of murders that happen daily, in God's view it has gotten worse. Now add all the other issues that we've spoken of and all the humans that suffer everyda ...[text shortened]... ible, it will go "from bad to worse" and ones who are truly paying attention will notice it.
If you have broken one commandemt, you are guilty of all.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
Fellas I wasn't trying to use high school shootings and/or massacres as the cornerstone of my proposal -- only to say that it seems over time when heinous crimes are committed, you have copy cats that do it more and more often afterward. Then, it seems that the evil people that commit these atrocities get bored with it and devise a new and more shocking way ...[text shortened]... glect.

I see it as decline. Maybe you guys don't. Very well. God bless you anway. 🙂
What you are doing is taking your local social view and applying it to the world. What is going on in your neighbourhood in Texas is not indicative of the entire world. To believe that it is, is patently ludicrous.

I once read a short little quote from a clergyman which was contained in an article. The writer of the article asked the reader to guess which year the quote was made, the clergyman went on about unruly youths, walking in gangs, causing trouble, no respect for elders etc etc. Anyone reading the quote would have thought it was applicable to todays youth, but it wasn't. The quote was 400 years old.

There has always been trouble with unruly youths in this country (UK), and people always think that somehow it was better in their day or that there was some glorious golden age when everything was perfect. Personally, it's just wishful thinking.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Is this what Christians think? (I can see the essence of what you're getting at, but cannot you see the mindless counterintuition that a post like that raises?)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What you are doing is taking your local social view and applying it to the world. What is going on in your neighbourhood in Texas is not indicative of the entire world. To believe that it is, is patently ludicrous.

I once read a short little quote from a clergyman which was contained in an article. The writer of the article asked the reader to ...[text shortened]... some glorious golden age when everything was perfect. Personally, it's just wishful thinking.
Aye, I'd be a bit more sus' if I was living in Texes,US , as I am more sus' in this state ,(Queensland,Australia 😛 )

Cape Town

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It is also interesting how our 'world' is shaped by news and history books. Many peoples view of the past is based on history in the English language, so when we talk of what used to happen 500 years ago, our 'world' shrinks down to 'England'. I see no mention whatsoever in this thread of serial killers in China.

Why would serial killers in Victorian England be relevant to a Texan? English language history!

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
You stated "We are in times where this is going on." then refused to give a single example, but rather started hypothesizing about the future. So if I failed to understand you it must be due to your poor language skills (and thus it is your post that is in error).
I gave an example, you're just to thick to get it, so it's your reading comprehension skills that are in error. Now go back under your bridge and wait for a goat this time around.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Oct 11

I gave an example, you're just to thick to get it,
You gave an example that didn't fit the original claim. You are too dishonest to admit you were in error.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Wut?? 🙄

Are you self-indulging here for your own personal entertainment, or wut?

If I steal a banana, does that mean I have fecked my neighbour's wife and killed somebody?

Get a grip man.

-m.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by mikelom
Wut?? 🙄

Are you self-indulging here for your own personal entertainment, or wut?

If I steal a banana, does that mean I have fecked my neighbour's wife and killed somebody?

Get a grip man.

-m.
You stole a banana?! You MURDERER! How DARE you covet your neighbour's ass.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
You stole a banana?! You MURDERER! How DARE you covet your neighbour's ass.
Soreeee. :'(

My neighbour was starving. 😳

-m. 😉

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Oct 11

You gave an example that didn't fit the original claim. You are too dishonest to admit you were in error.
Whatever Dasa Jr. 😕

Cape Town

Moves
18 Oct 11

Whatever Dasa Jr. 😕
🙂

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
19 Oct 11

🙂
LOL!! 🙂

j

Moves
19 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
A few, (christian ), posters have, (sometimes directly), said that the world/society (?) is in decline?

Anyone think that this is true and if so what are the signs of this ? (I dont see any definite signs that society is in decline - except for the same ones that have existed for years.)
A few, (christian ), posters have, (sometimes directly), said that the world/society (?) is in decline?

Anyone think that this is true and if so what are the signs of this ? (I dont see any definite signs that society is in decline - except for the same ones that have existed for years.)

It is not quite as simple as an all around decline. There is a decline. But that does not mean that there has not been significant moral progress in the moral conciences of some societies.

I have spoken of degradation and decline. But it is not as simple as the concept of absolutely no progress in the awakening of the human conscience in some areas.

I would say one thing, which I think no one here seems to grasp very readily.

There is a battle over the earth in the spiritual realm. And the advancement of God's kingdom causes a reaction of further decline into wickedness. What many do not realize is that the decline is reactionary, a counter offensive, to the spread of the Gospel of Christ.

And by spread of the Gospel I do not mean merely the more widespread publication and assecibility of the message. I mean people receiving Christ and living through Him so as to mature and grow in that divine life.

That growth in those maturing is causing the Devil to react by driving down society more. There is a battle over the earth. There is a warfare going on. It is not covered on CNN or Fox News. It is not a warfare that the world recognizes as going on or even important.

1.) It is not a total decline with no progress at all

2.) It is not a passive decline. It is a reactionary decline AGAINST the furtherance of the kingdom of God.