Decline?

Decline?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
17 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
whoa, I would really doubt that.

High school massacres represent a tiny tiny proportion of murders, and have very low total numbers
(I am talking statistically here, of course 1 high school massacre is 1 too many)

So they are likely to fluctuate wildly based on a large number of factors, and it may well be that they have
increased in recent time ...[text shortened]... y does scale more closely with population, once the other major factors have been accounted for.
I wouldn't because you can still find an average; you just need to rid the outliers. Given it may be further from the growth rate than the murder rate is I would still say that even 4% would correlate if you use the outliers in your calculations.

I wonder what the numbers would be if you only counted high school shootings that had a greater than or equal amount of deaths as columbine?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Oct 11

I would think in the really big picture and the way God looks at it, 1 murder is too much. Reguardless of how many people are now on this earth even 1 murder is one too many.
So now with the thousands of murders that happen daily, in God's view it has gotten worse. Now add all the other issues that we've spoken of and all the humans that suffer everyday on his planet he has nailed it exactly as he speaks of it in the Bible, it will go "from bad to worse" and ones who are truly paying attention will notice it.

Moves
17 Oct 11

Originally posted by galveston75
I would think in the really big picture and the way God looks at it, 1 murder is too much. Reguardless of how many people are now on this earth even 1 murder is one too many.
So now with the thousands of murders that happen daily, in God's view it has gotten worse. Now add all the other issues that we've spoken of and all the humans that suffer everyda ...[text shortened]... ible, it will go "from bad to worse" and ones who are truly paying attention will notice it.
Bah, people have been saying the end is nigh and using the bible to prove it for millennia.

Forgive my if I ignore the perpetual and ludicrous claims of Armageddon being nigh and get
on with my life regardless.

t

Moves
17 Oct 11

So now with the thousands of murders that happen daily, in God's view it has gotten worse. Now add all the other issues that we've spoken of and all the humans that suffer everyda ...[text shortened]... ible, it will go "from bad to worse" and ones who are truly paying attention will notice it.
It hasn't gone from bad to worse. It has gone from then to now.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
Bah, people have been saying the end is nigh and using the bible to prove it for millennia.

Forgive my if I ignore the perpetual and ludicrous claims of Armageddon being nigh and get
on with my life regardless.
Whatever. But your fulfilling Bible prophecy as you speak.
I'm sure the fools of Noahs day were saying the same thing!!!!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Oct 11

You are right about that, but googlefudge doesn't believe in Bible Prophecy
just like I don't believe in evolution.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]Hotel used to close at 6pm and now they stay open 24 hrs..

How exactly is that evidence of the worlds decline?[/b]
Yeah that's funny 😉

Manny

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
18 Oct 11
2 edits

Fellas I wasn't trying to use high school shootings and/or massacres as the cornerstone of my proposal -- only to say that it seems over time when heinous crimes are committed, you have copy cats that do it more and more often afterward. Then, it seems that the evil people that commit these atrocities get bored with it and devise a new and more shocking way to kill people. And on and on it seems to go. Add to it that (visibly, just look around) kids are respecting elders less and less, rejecting authority, aspiring to take something for nothing, and you can see that this negative thought pattern seems to be becoming more and more pervasive as time goes on, and seems to be taking hold of us at and earlier and earlier age.

Sorry, I didn't consider the youth of Thailand; I'm sure they are upstanding young citizens and that's just great.

But what I'm submitting here is what admittedly could be an incorrect opinion based loosely on some facts I found, and on my personal experience and observations over the past 4 decades.

And add to it the most powerful part of my argument that no one refuted; that the world has become a sewer with all the pollution and neglect.

I see it as decline. Maybe you guys don't. Very well. God bless you anway. 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Oct 11

2 Timothy 3: 1-5. “People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.”—New International Version.

Matthew 24:3, 7, 8. “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.”

Matt 24: 37-39. “For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.”

Luke 21:25, 26. “Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation, while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Not all of these things have happened yet...But they will.

t

Moves
18 Oct 11

2 Timothy 3: 1-5. “People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—having a form of godliness but denying ...[text shortened]... rs of the heavens will be shaken.

Not all of these things have happened yet...But they will.
And until then stop telling me the end is near... please? Can at least you and I agree that the bible says we will not know when it will happen and that not all of the preconditions have been fulfilled?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
the world has become a sewer with all the pollution and neglect.
I agree in full with this. The pollution and neglect is a disgrace to modern man's attitude and lack of care for his home - the planet.

However, again, due to population, is this not something that may not have been historically observed because of smaller numbers and less noticeable damage?

Did man of old clear up his litter and keep his back yard clean? I don't imagine there has ever been much difference, to be honest.

One area where technology has failed, or did fail, was with the invention of certain items for which the need for recyclability was never entertained. We now have graveyards of lead batteries, fridges, plutonium deposits. They were jumped at for usage without 1 iota of their considered afterlife function. Albeit, recyclability is now a legal requirement of all manufactured things - but that's only as a result the damage now realised to be already done.

A sewer and neglect? - very fair and accurate statement!

-m.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought this answered it, at least in part.
You are wrong, and are clearly deliberately avoiding the question. Either admit that your original post was a lie or in error, or explain what you meant by it. Don't come up with hypothetical scenarios in which it might make sense in the future.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
You are wrong, and are clearly deliberately avoiding the question. Either admit that your original post was a lie or in error, or explain what you meant by it. Don't come up with hypothetical scenarios in which it might make sense in the future.
My op was neither a lie or an error, just admit you don't understand what I said and let it be.
Peace

Cape Town

Moves
18 Oct 11

So now with the thousands of murders that happen daily, in God's view it has gotten worse.
God clearly isn't very good at statistics.

Cape Town

Moves
18 Oct 11

And the fools in Biblical times were saying the same things as you. But nobody seems to be able to come up with any actual statistics to support your claims. All you have is a feeling that things are getting worse, and you compound that with your desire to see Biblical prophesy fulfilled, so even if you don't see anything happening you will still believe it is happening somewhere because it was prophesied.