darwin film

darwin film

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
So let me get this straight, Hollywood can put out the last temptation of Christ and have Congress give "artistic" grants to people who urinate in a jar with a crucifix, but they can't put out a movie about Darwin? 🙄
Did you get any of this correct?

Hollywood didn't make the film "Creation" - it was a British production.

Hollywood did not, Congress did not give an artistic grant to the photographer Andres Serrano - he won an award from the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art (that is partially funded by the National Endowments for the Arts.)

Martin Scorsese was behind the film of "The Last Temptation of Christ" - not all of Hollywood. (In my opinion, and you are welcome to yours, this film was attacked by morons who were too illiterate to read the source novel from one of the greatest writers of the 20th century Nikos Kazantzakis. If they had read it (and actually been able to understand it) they would not have had a problem with the movie.)

The controversy about the "Creation" movie now is mostly about getting a good distribution deal. Good luck to the producers. I'm sure that the more shocked (just shocked!) voices we hear in America the better (monetarily) their deal will be.

w

Moves
18 Sep 09
2 edits

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Did you get any of this correct?

Hollywood didn't make the film "Creation" - it was a British production.

Hollywood did not, Congress did not give an artistic grant to the photographer Andres Serrano - he won an award from the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art (that is partially funded by the National Endowments for the Arts.)

Martin Scor ed (just shocked!) voices we hear in America the better (monetarily) their deal will be.
Well excuuuuse me!!

My only point here was that there is nothing Christians have not already had thrown at them that would make them flinch about a Darwin movie. There is nothing new under the sun.

As for the success of the movie, it will hinge soley on its entertainment value. For example, the Last Temptation of Christ was not a very entertaining movie. In fact, much of its success was due only to its contraversial content. By in large so long as people are entertained they care little about its content.

j

Moves
18 Sep 09

Well excuuuuse me!!

My only point here was that there is nothing Christians have not already had thrown at them that would make them flinch about a Darwin movie. There is nothing new under the sun.

As for the success of the movie, it will hinge soley on its entertainment value. For example, the Last Temptation of Christ was not a very entertaining mov ...[text shortened]... sial content. By in large so long as people are entertained they care little about its content.
In the mean time check out astroniomer Dr. Hugh Ross on a Testable Model of Creation Science:

&feature=related

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 09

Our best hope is that america will implode.

w

Moves
20 Sep 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Our best hope is that america will implode.
Really? And what exactly would this world look like today had America imploded hundreds of years ago?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 09

Really? And what exactly would this world look like today had America imploded hundreds of years ago?
Yeah but I'm not talking hundreds of years ago. Everything has a proper timing in Gods plan. wouldn't you agree? For example I would've been bashed many times if I expoused my views only 30 or 40 years ago. And probably burnt at the stake 300 or 400 years ago. Do you see what I'm getting at. I hold out great hope for the American nation, for it was founded on some very sound principles which no doubt have been corrupted.

w

Moves
20 Sep 09

Yeah but I'm not talking hundreds of years ago. Everything has a proper timing in Gods plan. wouldn't you agree? For example I would've been bashed many times if I expoused my views only 30 or 40 years ago. And probably burnt at the stake 300 or 400 years ago. Do you see what I'm getting at. I hold out great hope for the American nation, for it was founded on some very sound principles which no doubt have been corrupted.
How has it been corrupted in your view?

Moves
20 Sep 09

It was all sold for cold comfort.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Sep 09

Are you saying America is not corrupted? I would say 'Lol' but its just too serious a topic to laugh about...

w

Moves
21 Sep 09

Are you saying America is not corrupted? I would say 'Lol' but its just too serious a topic to laugh about...
You said that you wish the US would implode. I assume that you don't feel that way about your own country. If so, are you saying that your own country is not corrupt?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Sep 09
1 edit

You said that you wish the US would implode. I assume that you don't feel that way about your own country. If so, are you saying that your own country is not corrupt?
When I say 'implode' I am refferring to the corrupt power systems, not anarchy in the streets. My country of residence(Australia) is like the 53rd state of the U.S. in many ways sure, we will go down with them.
The reason I want America to implode is because it controls the world more or less. However I suspect if you look deeper into the matter you will find transnationals behind the corruption, who base themselves everywhere, but especially America.
Lets start afresh,eh? Let true democracy reign, not the lies that masquerade as truth while the rich get richer and the poor always get sent away to die...

jb

Moves
21 Sep 09

When I say 'implode' I am refferring to the corrupt power systems, not anarchy in the streets. My country of residence(Australia) is like the 53rd state of the U.S. in many ways sure, we will go down with them.
The reason I want America to implode is because it controls the world more or less. However I suspect if you look deeper into the matter you ...[text shortened]... that masquerade as truth while the rich get richer and the poor always get sent away to die...
I have thought that too. Almost like a restart button.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Sep 09

Lets start afresh,eh? Let true democracy reign, not the lies that masquerade as truth while the rich get richer and the poor always get sent away to die...
Easy to say, but what is 'true democracy' and how would current systems imploding assist it in coming about? Surely the best way for democracy to succeed is by a democratic process? Should a democratic success be described as 'implosion'?

Moves
21 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by joe beyser
I have thought that too. Almost like a restart button.
The problem is - the last 30 years of corporate rule has so brainwashed the populace and so rotted out the mechanisms of collective power that pressing that button would not result in a restart but a total halt. I remember well how my father (an almost 40 year Army veteran) was appalled that the troops sent to Kent State had loaded weapons - a basic violation of civil decency. Now those levers of power have been turned over to private contractors who (if Iraq and New Orleans are any indication) will never face any consequences for their actions and are therefore quite likely to act maliciously without the benefit of conscience. Go look at history - the people clamored to give Caesar absolute power and all it took was well placed (and paid-off) managers planting the idea by leading rallies and calling the current administration illegitimate. Real power is not about suppressing popular movements - it is about turning them to another purpose. You can be certain that this lesson has been well-learned by those with money. Just look at the results of any attempt to do anything for anyone but them. They first plant the idea that it will really harm those it intends to help and when the people become wary of it they introduce a "solution" that only benefits them. Most citizens are so conditioned to the cycle of fear and stroking that like a battered wife they passively await the next blow convinced that they deserve it.

On the other hand - no stupid, or abused, or non-cooperative people live in caves.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Sep 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
Easy to say, but what is 'true democracy' and how would current systems imploding assist it in coming about? Surely the best way for democracy to succeed is by a democratic process? Should a democratic success be described as 'implosion'?
Agreed.It is easy to say, however I still reckon America is its own greatest threat.
True democracy? Thats real power to the people(again, easy to say).
How about the Tibetan model, where the spiritual leader is also the political leader? I see that as a good start.
I also agree with TJ's post about being conditioned to live in fear,etc.
As a native american saying goes,"only when we destroy the last of our natural resources,etc...will we learn that money cant be eaten."

I dont claim to have all the answers here but there are clearly glaring problems-and with America posessing 90% of the worlds wealth with only 10% of the worlds population, surely some of the answers will have to come from there. They must lead the way into a ...Brave new world.