Darwin a Racist and a Sexist ?

Darwin a Racist and a Sexist ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Aug 21
1 edit

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You're certainly are a phony.
Not quite an atheist and not quite a theist.

You must be a Career On the Fence - play it either way that gets you attention.
Chronically ambiguous by habit.
Me quoting apt passages from the Bible that demonstrate how far you have strayed from scripture only renders one of us a phoney.

Providing these quotes (which apparently you are unaware of) doesn't lessen my atheism. It is you, and you alone, who have wandered into a corrupted form of Christianity which you attempt daily to infect this forum with (often covertly).

Edit: Below we see an example of Sonship trying to swamp a thread with diatribe and multiple posts to circumnavigate the gaps in his knowledge.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Aug 21
2 edits

@joe-beyser

Not particularly interested in your situation, but rather giving FMF an idea to ponder as to why the religious folks may sling around their beliefs like a crazy sprinkler someone turned on in the middle of a gathering for an outdoor wedding.

Oh, the "crazy" sprinkler has kept the faith alive on the earth for 20 centuries.
I like the wedding analogy. For we do love Christ our Wonderful Bridegroom.

To the dressed up crowd the water is repugnant, yet to the sprinkler it is saving and life giving to the grass. Also, there is not a thing wrong with engaging in conversation with someone that has a different spiritual view or world view.

I think a truly tolerant person is one who has strong convictions.
A wishy washy person with no clue where to stand I don't think displays true
tolerance.

Once you are strongly committed to a stand then people can ascertain how accommodating you can be. The "tolerance" of a clueless man is not genuine tolerance.

Is it reason to get mad at them? Not in my mind, because it could very well be the religious folks are doing it out of love and trying to save mine or your life. I disagree with your view about fear being a motivator.

I am not sure what you disagree with.
I think I said that I do not think fear of eternal punishment is only motivator with
a large number of people.

There is plenty in the Bible besides JUST talk about eternal punishment. I think the reason some posters here return again and again back to the subject is their deep seated resentment. They loath that accountability for one who will not receive justification is inescapable with God.

" I don't want God's salvation or God and I wish I could just be left alone with that."

Returning again and again and again to scoff and jeer about eternally losing is like an itch which will not go away. It is a "shoot the messenger" complaint that the unbeliever must re-visit.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Aug 21
1 edit

Regardless of how bad they want the messengers to feel, we are only speaking what Christ spoke and that from ALL sides. Have I not written so much on His desire to justify us, forgive us, be judged in our place, and redeem us? Just the like the New Testament does, so we present the whole matter. All that is heard by some is that they will not get away with rejecting God's offer.

Nothing else is heard by some. Only that God will judge. There is no Savior God in their mind but only a Punisher God. So to them there is no other real subject in the whole of God's word.

The people that are sinning do not believe in God or what they have been attempted to be indoctrinated to believe.

No, the people who are sinning is EVERYONE.
And redemption is extended to EVERYONE.

An example would be this: If you ask the church going sinner if he would shoplift something from a store if he knew the Law was watching him on video live.

Again, the sin nature has infested everyone.
The "church goer" is with this sin nature as well as the non-church goer.

All have sinned.
All need deliverance from both sin's guilt and then sin's power.

You do not have to indoctrinate a child how to lie.
There is a lying nature that will teach them spontaneously.
The libraries are filled with books on how to suppress this sinning nature.
The learning of sinning, transgressing, committing iniquity, and lawlessness is quite pervasive and universal. It requires no indoctrination. It is like the growing of crab grass or weeds. It will come out whether you are secular or religious.

So we need such a friend of sinners like Jesus, the sinless One and Son of God.

I am happy to turn the sprinkler on. I was sprinkled with the Good News and I was saved into enjoying the living God. If I could be sprinkled on others can be also.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Aug 21

He will say no. There would be fines to pay, embarrassment to self and family, bad reputation, name in news paper, and some jail time. Ask the same church going sinner why they have sex outside the marriage and they will tell you it is a weakness of the flesh but they will repent.

I agree that there is some arresting of evil doing because of this exposer before the world. But God knows everything. His awareness is infallible. And many things one only THINKS no one saw.

As extensive is His knowledge though so extensive is His forgiveness and salvation in Christ. He justifies the believer as if he had never committed any sin at all. Actually, what the sinner has done has been judged on Calvary in Christ's death.
This is the power of the matter. God is RIGHTEOUS forgive because judgment has taken place on the sinner's behalf on the cross of Christ.

Sure, before the world we would not do some things.
But others we only THINK that no one saw and no one was aware.

The risk on this may be lost relationship with God, possible eternal punishment or hell, and bad reputation. If you ask the same church going sinner if they would cheat if they knew their wife was watching them live on video they will say no. What happened to the weakness of the flesh excuse? They will do everything they can to put blame on something else rather than confess they don't believe in God or what they have been taught. To the true believer fear is the motivator.

The power of the sin nature is not escapable in any great sense.
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
That is ALL - churched, unchurched, religious, secular, sneaky, not sneaky, self conscious, un-self conscious, regardless of reputation high or low. ALL have sinned.

There is no ground to point to the other guy. For ALL have sinned.
So Christ died for all.
Those who REALIZE their need of the Great Physician, whoever they are, are blessed with the realism to benefit. There are refined sinners and course sinners.
There are cultured sinners and uncultured ones. Whether high class and conscious of social position or not - ALL have sinned. Jesus knew that.

"He who is without sin among you let him be the first to cast a stone at her."

No one qualifies to condemn without knowing they have done the same. Or SOMETHING they have similarly done offending God and man.