daniel58

daniel58

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Pepperland

Moves
29 Jul 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
You would be the one to know about LSD and don't pretend you learned about it in a book.
LOL

d

Moves
29 Jul 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
are you into voyeurism?
No, I mean families when the spouses are different colors, that I KNOW about break up more.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Jul 09

Originally posted by daniel58
No, I mean families when the spouses are different colors, that I KNOW about break up more.
I dont think there is any studies to back up your claim.

Anyway just because couples stay together doesn't mean that they are happy. A lot of times they just stay together to save face or for the children.

In my experience couples dont have much rhyme or reason as to what makes them happy . The most perfectly matched couples can end up hating eachother whereas the most unlikely of couples can have the best relationships. You shouldn't generalize about such things IMHO . Its not constructive for anyone.

d

Moves
30 Jul 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I dont think there is any studies to back up your claim.

Anyway just because couples stay together doesn't mean that they are happy. A lot of times they just stay together to save face or for the children.

In my experience couples dont have much rhyme or reason as to what makes them happy . The most perfectly matched couples can end up hating each ...[text shortened]... tionships. You shouldn't generalize about such things IMHO . Its not constructive for anyone.
I didn't say COULDN'T but I'm saying that's what I see, well it's better to stay together if possible, I know someone's parents broke up and 30 years later the man (who was a boy at the time) cried about it when it was brought up!

Moves
31 Jul 09

I didn't say COULDN'T but I'm saying that's what I see, well it's better to stay together if possible, I know someone's parents broke up and 30 years later the man (who was a boy at the time) cried about it when it was brought up!
did he get his comic books all wet?

g

Pepperland

Moves
31 Jul 09

so because of one single loser you think you can accurately guess marriages between people of different color don't work?

d

Moves
31 Jul 09

so because of one single loser you think you can accurately guess marriages between people of different color don't work?
Not "one single loser" but two, it takes two for marriage, I know a lot of people of the same color break up but it seems more so with different, what about Steve Mcnair, his wife killed him.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Jul 09
1 edit

Not "one single loser" but two, it takes two for marriage, I know a lot of people of the same color break up but it seems more so with different, what about Steve Mcnair, his wife killed him.
I'm sure you could find a few more examples, but I highly doubt you will find any direct correlation between break-ups and interracial marriage.
In fact in my experience interracial couples have stayed together more than couples of the same race but I'm not going to calim that they stay together more as a rule.

jb

Moves
01 Aug 09

I married a native american and haven't found race to be much of an issue. The culture was a little tense at first, but now that they know I have my boundaries they have backed off. They kinda wanted to make an indian out of me. Other than that I see people as people. We all have the same basic needs and in this relationship we enjoy a lot of the same things. I will say this, racism is most definately still alive and it rears its ugly head from time to time when we go out.

d

Moves
01 Aug 09

I married a native american and haven't found race to be much of an issue. The culture was a little tense at first, but now that they know I have my boundaries they have backed off. They kinda wanted to make an indian out of me. Other than that I see people as people. We all have the same basic needs and in this relationship we enjoy a lot of the same thi ...[text shortened]... ism is most definately still alive and it rears its ugly head from time to time when we go out.
That's fine I don't have anything against it, I guess I'm just saying that BECAUSE, of culture, Religious, whatever else differences that some people don't even try to make them out.

g

Pepperland

Moves
01 Aug 09

I know many marriages between people of different color that have worked. whats your point?

so you're saying his wife killed him BECAUSE they had different skin color? this thread can't possibly get more stupid than this...

g

Pepperland

Moves
01 Aug 09

I married a native american and haven't found race to be much of an issue. The culture was a little tense at first, but now that they know I have my boundaries they have backed off. They kinda wanted to make an indian out of me. Other than that I see people as people. We all have the same basic needs and in this relationship we enjoy a lot of the same thi ...[text shortened]... ism is most definately still alive and it rears its ugly head from time to time when we go out.
good for you.

d

Moves
01 Aug 09

I know many marriages between people of different color that have worked. whats your point?

so you're saying his wife killed him BECAUSE they had different skin color? this thread can't possibly get more stupid than this...
No I'm trying to point out that they don't always work out.

jb

Moves
02 Aug 09

good for you.
I was just pointing out that race isn't so much a factor as culture can be. I know this from personal experience. Here after we had such an agreement on the spanish bulls issue I thought we were becoming great amigos. Supp with that homey?

d

Moves
02 Aug 09

I was just pointing out that race isn't so much a factor as culture can be. I know this from personal experience. Here after we had such an agreement on the spanish bulls issue I thought we were becoming great amigos. Supp with that homey?
Race, culture, color, country, doesn't really matter I'm saying that it's hard to change things you've always grown up with, but that's what you have to do, that's why they break up a lot of time.