1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 19:161 edit
    @rajk999 said
    NO. Definitely not. They were saved. The saving is done by Christ. To now say that anyone is no longer saved means that Christ failed. It is people that failed, not that God changed his mind. No such thing happened.

God through Christ saves. This is the door to eternal life. If a man says he is going to walk through that door but does not, then he is lost. The saving pro ...[text shortened]... ot all the saved Christian saints will inherit eternal life. The saved can fall away and be damned.
    You believe in once saved always saved?
    I think you will find everyone acknowledging you can walk away! Not walking away means what?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 20:17
    @kellyjay said
    You believe in once saved always saved?
    I think you will find everyone acknowledging you can walk away! Not walking away means what?
    Jesus Christ did his part.
    Christ saves.
    Christ forgives
    Christ gives the Holy Spirit

Man has a part to do
    On judgment day :
    Christ judges.
    Christ rewards, or destroys

There is nothing called 'unsaved,' or 'unborn'.
    Those words like many others are in common use in Christianity

Therefore there are:
    - the Saved who are rewarded
    - the Saved who are destroyed, damned or lost.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 20:29
    For sonship ... more church truth

Pastor bizarrely locks lips with a young woman for a very long time in front his congregation to 'rid her body of demons'

https://www.topbuzz.com/a/6683043458816410118?c=fb&app_id=1106&gid=6683043458816410118&impr_id=6683181310263707909&language=en&region=ca&user_id=6574023700084195338
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 21:59
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus Christ did his part.
    Christ saves.
    Christ forgives
    Christ gives the Holy Spirit

Man has a part to do
    On judgment day :
    Christ judges.
    Christ rewards, or destroys

There is nothing called 'unsaved,' or 'unborn'.
    Those words like many others are in common use in Christianity

Therefore there are:
    Actually you don't see the saved damned, what you do see is Jesus saying depart I never knew you.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 22:19
    @kellyjay said
    Actually you don't see the saved damned, what you do see is Jesus saying depart I never knew you.
    You can call it what you want.
    Sonship says they are still saved, and will still get eternal life
    Paul said no inheritance in the Kingdom of God, / they are destroyed
    Jesus said Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,
    You please yourself.

The point stands, Saved Christian Saints who have the Holy Spirit, but who live in sin are not accepted in the Kingdom of God. Christ will judge who these people are.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 23:00
    @Rajk999

Therefore there are:

The New Testament verses Rajk999. You decide.

"If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, BUT HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:15)
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 23:201 edit
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Therefore there are:

The New Testament verses Rajk999. You decide.

"If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, BUT HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:15)
    You are demonstrating why your doctrine is a failure. The very next passage says :

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:15-17 KJV)

There is a group of these Christians who defile themselves and GOD WILL DESTROY THEM ...

You moron.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 23:23
    @rajk999 said
    You please yourself.

The point stands, Saved Christian Saints who have the Holy Spirit, but who live in sin are not accepted in the Kingdom of God. Christ will judge who these people are.
    The statement by Christ for those who thought that they were right but not will be the same., “Depart from me I never knew you.” It will not matter that they trusted in their religion, duties, works, or anything else, if they are without God in them when they stand before Him. Hebrews speaks to those that trampled under foot the Son of God who have outraged the Spirit of grace, so yes even having God’s Spirit doesn’t mean you cannot walk away!

They that do that are heading towards God who says vengeance is His. To have enraged the Spirit of grace then stand before God at judgment, it will be a terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God!
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 01:55
    Bible verses that disprove the teaching of ‘once saved, always saved’

The Bible warns against serious sins that will keep a person from entering God’s Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:​9-​11; Galatians 5:​19-​21) If salvation could not be lost, such warnings would be meaningless. Instead, the Bible shows that someone who has been saved can fall away by returning to a practice of serious sin. For example, Hebrews 10:26 states: “If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left.”​—Hebrews 6:​4-6; 2 Peter 2:​20-​22.

Jesus emphasized the importance of maintaining faith by giving an illustration in which he likened himself to a vine and his followers to branches on that vine. Some of them would at one time demonstrate faith in him by their fruits, or actions, yet would later fail to do so and be “thrown out like a [fruitless] branch,” losing their salvation. (John 15:​1-6) The apostle Paul used a similar illustration, saying that Christians who do not maintain their faith “will be lopped off.”​—Romans 11:17-​22.

Christians are commanded to “keep on the watch.” (Matthew 24:42; 25:13) Those who fall asleep spiritually, whether by practicing “works belonging to darkness” or by not fully performing the works that Jesus commanded, lose their salvation.​—Romans 13:11-​13; Revelation 3:​1-3.

Many scriptures show that those who have been saved must still endure faithfully to the end. (Matthew 24:13; Hebrews 10:36; 12:​2, 3; Revelation 2:​10) First-century Christians expressed joy when they learned that fellow believers were enduring in their faith. (1 Thessalonians 1:​2, 3; 3 John 3, 4) Does it seem reasonable that the Bible would stress faithful endurance if those who did not endure would be saved anyway?

Only when his death was imminent did the apostle Paul feel that his salvation was assured. (2 Timothy 4:​6-8) Earlier in his life, he recognized that he could still miss out on salvation if he gave in to fleshly desires. He wrote: “I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow.”​—1 Corinthians 9:​27; Philippians 3:​12-​14.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 02:06
    @galveston75 said

The Bible warns against serious sins that will keep a person from entering God’s Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:​9-​11; Galatians 5:​19-​21) If salvation could not be lost, such warnings would be meaningless. Instead, the Bible shows that someone who has been saved can fall away by returning to a practice ...[text shortened]... thers, I myself should not become disapproved somehow.”​—1 Corinthians 9:​27; Philippians 3:​12-​14.
    Well said.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 03:391 edit
    @rajk999 said
    You please yourself.

This is where your doctrine is flawed.

Galatians 5:16
    Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. ..

Those that live in sin do not have the Holy Spirit. Those that do not have the Holy Spirit are not saved.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 11:12
    @dj2becker said
    This is where your doctrine is flawed.

Galatians 5:16
    Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. ..

Those that live in sin do not have the Holy Spirit. Those that do not have the Holy Spirit are not saved.
    OH .. interesting. thanks for telling me.
    I now believe in once saved always saved.
    Hallelujah. Praise the Lord.
    Im saved ... eternally.
    I can now sin all I want.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 11:17
    @galveston75 said

The Bible warns against serious sins that will keep a person from entering God’s Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:​9-​11; Galatians 5:​19-​21) If salvation could not be lost, such warnings would be meaningless. Instead, the Bible shows that someone who has been saved can fall away by returning to a practice ...[text shortened]... thers, I myself should not become disapproved somehow.”​—1 Corinthians 9:​27; Philippians 3:​12-​14.
    This is what I have been saying here for about 14 years.
    Enduring great opposition from the Christians here.
    So it is a good post.
    However it sure is not your writing style.
    Where did you copy and paste it from?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 11:476 edits
    @Rajk999

You are demonstrating why your doctrine is a failure. The very next passage says :

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:15-17 KJV)

There is a group of these Christians who defile themselves and GOD WILL DESTROY THEM ...

You moron.

Calling me names such as moron does nothing to strengthen your erroneous interpretation.
    In this context:

The being destroyed in First Corinthians 3:17 refers to the one who is SAVED and who suffers loss in verse 15.

Here in chapter 5 is an example of a SAVED person whom was due to be destroyed yet saved. It was the sinning Corinthian Christian who was living in immorality with a close relative.

"In the name of the Lord Jesus, when you and my spirit are assembled, with the power of our Lord Jesus,

to deliver such a one to Satan for THE DESTRUCTION of the flesh that the spirit may be SAVED in the day of the Lord." (1 Cor. 5:5)

So in First Corinthians you have both:

1.) The definite plain teaching that a Christian can be SAVED and suffer loss (1 Cor. 3:14,15).

2.) The example of a brother Paul expected to undergo destruction that he (his spirit) would be saved (1 Cor. 5:5)
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 11:58
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

[quote] You are demonstrating why your doctrine is a failure. The very next passage says :

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple o ...[text shortened]... brother Paul expected to undergo destruction that he (his spirit) would be saved (1 Cor. 5:5)
    You must be pretty stupid to think that

deliver up to Satan for the destruction of the flesh
    Is the same as
    Him him will God destroy

You are equating Satan with God ? Satan can destroy the flesh. God destroys both body and soul.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree